“Very Interesting Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 205 Activities in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: You can see Treme' from a car or a bus, but you can ONLY Experience It and Feel It, on a Walking Tour with us! Treme' is one of the oldest and most Historic neighborhoods in the United States. Originally settled by Creoles and Free Persons of Color, join us for an unforgettable experience. Hear tales of how our jazz greats were inspired. Visit St. Augustine Church and the Tomb of the Unknown Slave. Find out how residents of the Treme' were active in the Civil Rights movement a century ahead of the rest of the nation. Informative, Exciting, Moving! The Treme' is a living , breathing, joyful piece of History! Tours begin at 10am Daily. Reservations are Required. Your Guide is a Local Historian, a Master Storyteller and fully licensed by the City of New Orleans.
Bradenton, Florida
“Very Interesting Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Emily did a fantastic job on the Treme tour. She is extremely knowledgeable and very entertaining as well. If you want to see a part of New Orleans that represents the true culture of the city, this is the tour to take.

Visited December 2012

“Great, lots of information.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My tour guide Luke was great, he was informative and you could really tell that he loved his job!!! I would recommend this tour to everyone. It takes about two hours but you will forget about time as you walk through Treme.

Camdenton, MO
4 attraction reviews
“Great tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Our family took the Treme tour with Hope as our guide. She is very knowledgeable and made our time there very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this tour.

Boston, Massachusetts
41 attraction reviews
“Luke "Skywalker" Sidell took us through Treme”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This guy knows his chops. He's a classically trained musician and jazz aficionado that talks rock and roll too. We visited a laundromat that used to be a recording studio, stopped for a beverage at Treme Cafe, heard about how slavery was different in NO, saw the house where DJ Davis from the Treme HBO show lives, learned about gentrification in NO after Katrina....and more. Not to be missed. We returned to the neighborhood on Sunday to attend the Gospel Catholic service that Luke told us about at St. Augustine Church.

Visited November 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 attraction reviews
“Great Job Emily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

While clelebrating Diva Weekend in New Orleans, I was extremly impressed with the Treme' tour. I must admit I truly wasn't all that intrested in going on a walking tour but the tour guide Emily changed all of that. Emily's high energy, passion for what she does and awesome personality truly grabbed me from the begining and held me until the end! I'm very happy I went on this tour.I learned so much about the history of music and the neighborhood. Now I'm ordering all of the episodes of the show so I can actually continue with new love for Treme' Thanks Emily!

Visited October 2012