“Get away from the crazy crowd for a great meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Mano - CLOSED

A Mano
870 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Lower Garden District)
504.208.9280
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lower Garden District
Cross street: St Joseph
Anchorage, Alaska
“Get away from the crazy crowd for a great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

A small italian restaurant a bit separated from the busy tourist spots. You could not ask for a more enjoyable meal with great service and staff. The food truly was nearly the best we have had since actually dining in Venice and Vicenza Italia. We as a family of 4 adults ordered several items to share and we even repeated some of the items as they were THAT good! If you want the typical New Orleans fare I do not think this is the place, but for italian...awesome!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Gainesville, Florida
“Great expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We heard rave reviews about this establishment, and we had high expectations when we visited. Perhaps, too high. The place was not busy on a Friday evening. The server was friendly and knowledgeable, and the food was good, but not very good. It is not a bad choice for good Italian food, and we would rate it a 3.5, overall.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Unique, Delicious, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The food was unique (not your typical American version of Italian food), fresh, a wonderful combination of flavors. The waitress was friendly, knowledgable and attentive. Attractive, relaxed atmosphere, where you could hold a conversation without screaming across the table. Nice wine list. Will definitely return.

Visited May 2013
The South
“Authentic hand crafted Italian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been to A Mano's 3 times now (3 consecutive business trips). One of my favorite places in New Orleans for dinner. Being outside of the French Quarter means dinner is relaxing and quiet rather than in the great hustle and bustle of other local places. I always sit at the bar which is normally a place I avoid at all costs. But the bartenders are always pleasant and helpful at food and wine selection. During my last visit I had a chance to speak to the chef about how he prepares octopus since his is excellent and mine is more along the lines of green garden hose (I still can't prepare it well but I thought it was great he took a few minutes to give me some guidance).

A Mano would also be a great place for a business or group dinner since it's a smaller and quieter restaurant where you can actually hold a discussion.

I am looking forward to my next NOLA visit which will include another stop at A Man.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a slow cooked leg of rabbit at 20 and potatoes at 5 - it was good though the sauce was too salty for my taste. They serve free water and bread and olive oil (probably the closest you get to Italian in NOLA). The wine list had many glasses, though a bit high priced (~10).

All in all a good experience, priced slightly too high, but worth it.