“Poppy needs a "time out"” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #142 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Poppy's Time Out is a fun sports bar located on the banks of the Mississippi River. Watch the game while watching the ships pass on the River.We offer Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. We have so many T.V.'s & draft beer choices. We offer: Hamburgers, Pizza, Po-boys, Wings, Killer Sandwiches & stuff for the Little Leaguer's(Kids). Our signature drink is the Poppy's Voodoo Juice; it is SO strong it will cast a spell on you.
Orange, Texas
“Poppy needs a "time out"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stopped in for refreshments and a couple of appetizers (chips & refried bean dip along with onion strings). Everything was fine, but the bean dip was definitely over priced for getting nothing more than just that . . bean dip! Our ticket said we got salsa and we even asked for some but it never arrived.

They were slammed with patrons at the time we were there and only had 2 servers working. Guess some folks didn't show up for work, because I can't imagine any establishment intentionally under staffing like Poppy did that day.

Still, I'm sure I'll visit Poppy's Time Out Sports Bar & Grill again someday, so it must've not been all that bad.

Visited March 2013

“Waiter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Marlon is the best waiter ever!!!!every thing I asked him for he got it right away.. He brought us crayons so we could draw on the paper and he klhad a answer for every question I had...also I love the all the saints stuff the have hanging up!!!

Visited April 2013
“Good Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant had a great atmosphere, and the hostess and waiter were friendly. Our waiter Marlon accommodated our needs and made sure we had what we needed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silverhill, Alabama, United States
“Food is not good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The waitstaff was friendly but I don't understand why they asked how I want my burger cooked. Hockey puck seems to be the standard even if you order medium. We ate here because it was next to our hotel/conference but I would take the extra time and go elsewhere.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Don't bring the kids”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Located right on the Mighty Mississippi, this sports bar is known for its po-boys and drinks. We went in the early evening thinking it would be crowded, but it wasn't. The food was decent, but nothing that stood out from all the other places around.
The part, however, I will remember was the long wait for someone to bring my toddler daughter a high chair. In fact, I had ordered my food and beverages and STILL didn't have a high chair. If the place was packed, I would have understood the incompetency. But to see me with my girl and asking three times for the high chair to no avail, this place is only for people who want to watch a game.

• Visited March 2013