“Great way to start our vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of iGlidenola!

iGlidenola!
506 Conti St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Segway Tours New Orleans) (French Quarter)
504-301-1040
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kingston, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to start our vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our first activity when we hit New Orleans was to take a segway tour of the French Quarter. Our guide, Dawn, was wonderful! Very enthusiastic and obviously loves her city. It took us a little while to really get the hang of it, but by the end of the tour it was second nature. The tour itself was very interesting and helped give us an overview of the French Quarter. Dawn's first priority was our safety and I was quite comfortable following her lead. We arrived in New Orleans at noon on Feb 10, and we wanted to take the 4:00 tour, but we didn't want to commit in case we ran into travel delays. Dawn was happy to reserve a spot for us that we could cancel if we couldn't make it. And I'm glad we were able to make it! I highly recommend this tour.

Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Rollin' on the River!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Some people think Segway's are for nerds. But guess what? They are totally fun! They give you a good, safe orientation and before you know it, you're cruising like a pro, and the Segway is intuitive and manageable. We trolled around the French Quarter, The water front, through parks and main streets and side streets. I really can't believe all the ground we covered on this two-hour Segway tour. Our tour guide Jesse is highly recommended, and he had a way of telling stories that made all the history so engaging and relevant. I learned where the term Dixie came from... who knew? You will, if you go on Jesse's tour! Totally worth the $70. You will see more than you could ever cover on foot. (Jesse also offers vampire and ghost tours, inquire with the office.)

Visited February 2013
Colorado
“Great tour of New Orleans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I had a few days of sightseeing in New Orleans and decided to give this a try. Neither of us had ever been on a Segway before and were a bit nervous about the safety. Not a problem! We each took turns getting a short lesson in front of the shop and once the guide (Dawn) could see we had it down, off we went.

The tour covers a lot of ground in 2 hours including some areas outside the French Quarter. We stopped about halfway through for a short break which was nice. Driving the Segways is pretty easy but it does require that you stand up right so a break was very nice. Dawn pointed out the highlights of the area and covered the history of the city. She also added recommendations for places to come back to for dining and shopping. Overall, a great tour and a super way to see the city!

Visited January 2013
North Carolina
86 attraction reviews
“Limitations to segway tours in NOLA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

If you have done segway tours in other cities, you may need to re-set your expectations in NOLA. Because of construction and the fact that this is an old city, the tour will go slowly. You spend most of your ride time in the busy streets with cars so you are slowed up quite a bit. Combine that with the fact that we had 6 first time segway riders in our group, and you don't get to see as much as the city as you do in other tours. We drove by a lot of spots without stopping during our 2-hour tour. Our guide did take us to some out of the way neighborhoods so we got a quiet break from the busy French Quarter. You do get to stop for the bathroom and refreshments in the middle of tour, which provides your feet welcome relief. One piece of advice to all tour guides--don't smoke during a tour even if it is during the tour break.

Visited December 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Great Stories - fun experience in Nola!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'm a local and even I enjoyed the segway tour of the French Quarter and Marigny!
My guide, Jason, was a natural storyteller and made the experience very fun, interactive and comfortable. I was really worried about my ability to ride the segway and had a whole host of crazy scenarios in mind, but after some thorough instruction and encouragement, I began to feel really comfortable and natural zipping around town. Jason took utmost care of the safety of the group and infused the whole experience with humor, wit and wonderful interesting facts about the quarter, even a good bit that I didn't already know! I definitely recommend it for tourists and locals alike.

Visited November 2012