“Great food; exceptional value” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 1,630 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery
Description: We are located at the Historic Farmers Market inside the Food Court. This is an open air-market.
East Lansing, Michigan
“Great food; exceptional value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We both have greatly enjoyed our meals here. The crab cakes are very good. Gumbo was good, but not great.... but the service is very good and the help really friendly.

Visited April 2014

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Relaxed, Professional Service, Delivered Naturally.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We Set Out This Morning To Eat Elsewhere, Only To Discover Our Destination Closed. My Wife Was A Little Beside Herself In The Disappointment. We Began Looking Around For A Substitute And Stumbled Upon Meals From The Heart Cafe, What A Pleasant Surprise! First Was The Warm Greeting, With Lagniappe For My Daughter Which Made Her Feel Welcome And Special. Then, I'm Pretty Sure The Operator Could Sense My Wife's Mood And My Daughter's Growing Restlessness, And The Pickle I Found Myself In - My Daughter Is Ready To Eat Anything And My Wife Wants What She Can't Have! So He Kept Such A Cool Head And Offered To Accommodate All Of Us With A Combination Of Plates And Means Of Preparation To Suit Everyone's Taste, And I Began To See The Light!

With The Order Placed, The Operator Stepped Out From Behind His Comfort Zone, Cleaned And Prepared A Table For Us, And Brought Out More Snacks For My Hungry Gals, And Some Refreshing Coconut Water For Me . . . And I Knew Then That This Was Indeed Was Going To Live Up To It's Name Sake! The Salad Was Crisp, Cool And Refreshing. The Eggs Were Perfectly Poached, The Cakes Were Hot, With Lots Of Fun Accoutrements(Nuts, Berries And Sauces). The Whole Meal Felt Healthy And Wholesome, And We All Left There Feeling Properly Nourished.

But Again, I Must Say It Was The Finesse Of The Maitre'D That Made Me Sit Down And Write This, Thank You Sir! Good Job!

Yours,

Tree

Toledo, Ohio
“Vegetables! and other yummy things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was a fantastic change of pace from the 3-4 days of bbq, creole/cajun food, etc that I had been consuming! The crab cake po'boy was delicious and the side of vegetables was a welcome change. I also tried the vegan smoothie and it was AMAZING!

The food was delicious and the service was top notch - loved the snack of clementine oranges while you are waiting! Would definitely come back here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mobile, Alabama
“Refreshing change of pace for the quarter!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Loved everything about this restaurant! Food was fresh, crab cakes so wonderful, carrot/orange juice with ginger was different and good! Enjoyed visiting with Mr. Doucette about the local musicians. We will be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“NOLA Gluten Free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Was so happy to find a gluten free restaurant in The French Market... The food was fresh and delicious. Will definitely stop here on my next trip back to NOLA.. WS also glad for the heaters over seating, since it was chilly...

• Visited March 2014