“Awesome Vegan Options” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meals From The Heart Cafe

Meals From The Heart Cafe
1100 N. Peters St. Bay #13, Located Inside of the French Market Behind Margaritaville, New Orleans, LA 70116
+1 504-525-1953
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 1,514 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic, Seafood, Healthy, Vegan
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: We are located at the Historic Farmers Market inside the Food Court. This is an open air-market. We are vegan and celiac friendly and offer delivery to the French Quarter, CBD and surrounding areas.
Boca Raton, Florida
“Awesome Vegan Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I waited so long in line as I was there during Jazz Fest but it was worth the wait. I had the vegan shake and the vegan mini black bean burger. It was hands down the best vegan burger I ever had. The shake was beautiful and tasted as good as it looked. I wasn't going to order it until I saw someone else with it. I was so glad I did. The people that worked there were exceptionally nice. I only wish I had discovered it before my last day as I would have eaten there every day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Quaint Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had the crab cake passion po boy with steam vegetables. Very healthy, tasty and friendly service. Cash only.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte NC
“If You Love Crab Cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great crab cake po boy. My wife and I split one. They alos prior to serving us provided 2 clementines for us to enjoy. Friendly people here in a small cafe in the French Market. I don't get the negative statements about them as we saw none of this to any customer. I would go here again and recommend them for a lunch or afternoon snack.

Visited April 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“Excellent crab cake po-boy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a quick lunch here while walking around the french market. I was really surprised at how good the food was. We had a crab cake po-boy and it was perfectly cooked and very delicious. The staff were so friendly and worked so hard. They had quite a crowd at the counter while we were there. They don't serve any alcoholic beverages but we grabbed a mimosa from the stand next door and had a great lunch. I would definitely return here. Sometimes food in market places are not the greatest, but this was an exception to that. I would return here to eat even if I weren't going to the french market.

Visited April 2013
Northern Virginia, VA
“Go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had an awesome breakfast at Meals from the Heart Cafe on our last day of our recent trip to New Orleans. We wish we would have found this gem earlier during our trip...after all that other rich (and often fried) NOLA food, it was great to have a super healthy breakfast. I had the veggie omlet and my better half had the blueberry pancakes. Everything was absolutely delicious.

The service was friendly and very attentive. This cafe is in the French Market and seating is at the counter. Go here for a casual, healthy meal and you won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere