“Shrimp & Grits - YUM!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pier 424 Seafood Market

Pier 424 Seafood Market
424 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)
504-309-1574
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #390 of 1,515 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Bar, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Pier 424 is a unique Bourbon Street destination offering a wide selection of fresh, local seafood prepared daily in a market-style setting. Select from all the freshest fare-oysters, lobsters, boiled seafood and fresh fish-served in traditional dishes. Features include one of the largest oyster bars in the city and covered balcony for dining and enjoying the city’s world famous people watching.
Western NY
“Shrimp & Grits - YUM!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Excellent service with a table overlooking the open windows to Bourbon Street. Practically sat on Bourbon Street while enjoying the best shrimp and grits ever. Don't miss it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Jackiepaddy
Thank you for the great review of Pier 424 on Tripadvisor. Chef Jeremy's Shrimp and Grits has become our signature dish and we love hearing its praise. I have shared your review with him as well as his kitchen staff and we would love to have you join us again soon. Thank you again,

• Polish first
Zionsville, Pennsylvania
“Oh baby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Sat at the end of the bar and had heavenly raw oysters shucked right in front of us. The oyster fellas made us feel so welcome and were very attentive and personable. One of them made a wonderful sauce in a little tiny cup just for us. Had Rockefeller also. Soooo good. Going back tonight for more. Neat place. Can't say anything about the rest of the menu, cause again, we were just hopping. But if you like oysters...don't miss this place!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MrsSoprano
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. We agree, our oyster shuckers are pretty great and we are glad you enjoyed your visit to the longest oyster bar on Bourbon. I will share your kind words with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Middletown, Maryland
“Good Seafood Restaurant -- Very Good Service, Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

During several recent stays in the French Quarter, I have eaten lunch or mid-afternoon meals at this restaurant at least four times. Each time, even though I do not drink alcohol and I also have no desire to watch "sports TV", I have chosen to sit at the bar for my meal, rather than taking a seat at a table, simply because I wanted to be seated and served more quickly, and I wanted the more informal and casual atmosphere of sitting at the bar, which, at this restaurant, is a very long bar!

During each of my four visits to this restaurant, I have found the menu, food and service to be very good. The bar staff are quite attentive to customers, and the food is served quite quickly once it has been ordered.

I have ordered and eaten big juicy hamburgers, Cajun/Creole dishes, including gumbos and jambalayas, and also two of their Po-Boy sandwiches, and all were very good. I have also sat at the bar and eaten a large amount of raw oysters, and the oysters were large, fresh, and tasty.

I wil definitely return to this restaurant durng my next stay in the French Quarter!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vinny
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us so much to come back 4 times. I have shared your review with my staff and we look forward to seeing you again on multiple occasions next time you visit New Orleans.
Pier 424 Seafood Market Restaurant
“Great Find... Elegant Atmosphere... Casual Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Found this little gem walking the streets of New Orleans. Slid up to the bar & started with fresh shucked oysters. Then pleased my pallet with turtle soup (with a touch of sherry), traditional red beans & rice with crawfish étouffée. Definitely making it one of my top sites when I revisit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Ramber,
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased that you found us during your recent visit. There are alot of choices in the French Quarter and we appreciate you choosing us. I will also share your comments with my chef and kitchen staff. We hope to see you again on your next visit to New Orleans.
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were very pleased with our meal. I had the shrimp and maque choux grits and it was wonderful. My husband had the frog legs and he said they too were wonderful. The servings were good sizes - they didn't skimp. Would definitely go back.

Visited July 2013
Thomas B, General Manager at Pier 424 Seafood Market, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Purplemoon,
Thank you for your recent 5 star review on Tripadvisor. The Shrimp and Grits seems to be one of our most praised dishes. I have shared your comments with my Chef and staff and we look forward to your next visit.