“Great Cajun food!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal House

Royal House
441 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)
504-528-2601
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #159 of 1,516 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Sandwiches, Oyster Bar
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Cajun food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for Cajun food and haven't been disappointed. I had kind of shrimp cakes as starter and "The Best of Louisiana" as entree: Gumbo and Jambalaia, really good and tasty. We sat at the wide opened doors and could listen to the street musicians. Nice place. Would go again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
RoyalHouseGM, General Manager at Royal House, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for these wonderful words. And we hope to see you again real soon!!

Humble, Texas
“Great oyster bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The oysters were fresh and delicious. The menu has many options for those that like to sample several things at a time. No wait time to get seated and the atmosphere is great to people watch.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Becky. We get our oysters in fresh daily and we hope to see you again to grab somemore!!!
Dallas
“Really good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This could have been a bad experience but the Manager made it great. I ordered a bloody mary with my brunch but it never came. I chose to ignore the fact our waiter forgot it since I didn't really need it. But the bill had a charge for a bloody mary. After I asked the waiter to remove the charge, since I never got it, he did remove it and the Manager still brought one over for free. I had the Taste of New Orleans dish and it was really good. I recommend this place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for this review. We sincerely apologize that you did not recieve your bloody, but we are thrilled that our manager made your visit great and we do hope to see you in the near future!!
Birmingham, Alabama
“Food Good, Service Needs Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Four of us were promptly seated in this busy restaurant on a Saturday evening at a nice table in front of the open window. The tables are a little small for 4 people, but then this corner restaurant is small. Our server was prompt and friendly. I ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer and the shrimp creole, and my friends ordered raw and broiled oyster appetizers as well as their main courses. My appetizer came out after my friends had almost finished their oysters. The main courses were then brought out before I had even made a dent in my mushrooms. Since the tables are small, it was unwieldy to move my appetizer aside to make room for my shrimp creole. Nevertheless, I managed. The shrimp creole was very good, slightly spicy, and just the right size. I felt pleasantly full but not overstuffed. I asked the server for a water refill two times, and he never brought it. I finally took my glass and went up to the bar and got the refill myself. For dessert, we all shared the bread pudding with a Frangelico sauce. It was delicious! The restaurant needs to work on the timing of the courses and refilling water glasses.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. We apologize that we dropped the ball on the timing of your courses. We will strive to do a better job next time. However, we are pleased that you enjoyed our shrimp creole and our famous homeade bread pudding. We hope to see you next time.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect Char-grilled Oysters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place had the best chard's, they were plump and super fresh. The shrimp and grits were very hearty and seasoned to perfection.

Visited July 2013
RoyalHouseGM, General Manager at Royal House, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We hope to see you again real soon :) Thank you very much!!