“Feels like a genuine Italian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Domenica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 1,514 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Canal Street
Description: Domenica is a contemporary and inviting Italian restaurant that creates regional Italian dishes with southern and middle eastern influences. The cuisine combines Chef Alon Shaya's Israeli heritage and love of local ingredients with a menu that reflects his time spent cooking and living in the small towns of northern Italy.
Melbourne, Australia
“Feels like a genuine Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The food is genuine Italian but the place is extremely noisy. The bread, which we paid extra for, was so dry and hard that we could not eat it. We were not given butter or oil to use with this bread. On telling the waitress about the bread her reply was "Oh really, sorry about that". A bit of a let down.

Visited June 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“cant get a reservation? eat at the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had a wonderful meal here. the pizza is about the best I have had in America, save DiNinos in Staten Island NY. Thin but burnt crust, not too many toppings--I had 4 cheese. We had the fried kale--only way to eat it in my opinion, and the brussel sprouts and lasagna. All fantastic. Beer and wine list excellent., Personable wait staff, fun and clearly wanted us to enjoy ourselves. A lovely dining room, not too loud for a Sat night.

Visited June 2014
Illinois
“Awesome meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We happened upon this place by accident, but loved it! From our Salumi course, to the shared salad, to the pizza, everything was outstanding! Friendly service and great atmosphere, if you don't mind it a bit loud.

msy
“Love this Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Another great Besh spot headed up by emerging celebrity chief Alon Shaya. I love eating the pizza here as well as pastas and great appetizer like the charcuterie board as well as a host of others. Hip, loud and in the Roosevelt Hotel makes it a great spot.

Visited March 2014
toronto
“Go for Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were very pleased with the happy hour at this place. There is a half price menu in the late afternoon for pizzas, cocktails, wine and beer- all great value. We did not have reservations but got seated fairly quickly. The pizzas were very tasty. I had the pizza Enzo with lots of anchovies in it and my husband had the prosciutto one. Definitely one of the best pizzas we have ever eaten. My husband liked the cocktails but I wasn't in love with my drink. Mine was the Carry Me Away, which I thought had an odd flavor to it, but my husband took it over and loved it. So each to his or her own! The service was okay but not terribly attentive. We had to catch the server's eye to get more drinks each time. Bottom line though is that this was a very good deal and the food was amazing. I would go back for sure and next time try the dinner menu. This place was a great find.

• Visited May 2014