“Not Our Best Choice in NOLA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Serio's Po-Boys & Deli

Serio's Po-Boys & Deli
133 Saint Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)
(504) 523-2668
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Not Our Best Choice in NOLA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We'd heard that the mufalatta's were awesome here, but I felt they were just so-so. Too much bread, and not enough of everything else. Supposedly, they take credit cards, but it seemed that the "machine" was broken while we were there.

Visited August 2012

“Mike Serio's Tastebuds Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Went on the Tastebuds tour, that Mike runs out of the shop and recommend it to all who visit the city. Richard the tour guide was very informative, friendly and all around poeople person.

Central, South Carolina
“Had to try the home of the Bobby Flay Throwdown on Muffaletta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This restaurant was the home of the 2007 Muffaletta thow down with Bobby Flay, so me and my husband just had to go while we were in NOLA. Location was convenient, and it was easy to find. My husband got the quarter Muffaletta and I got a catfish po-boy. The po-boy was just average, nothing special. According to my husband, the muffaletta was good but really oily (I don't like olives so I'm not counting my opinion here). It wasn't his favorite sandwich of the trip, but he liked it. We're glad we went but we wouldn't go back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I had the muffaletta (twice) and it was delicious. Layers of hams and cheese with the crushed olives on top...one of the nicest sandwiches I've had. Service was decent and prices were similar if not cheaper than similar places in the same area.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chatham, il
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just happened to stop in because wife, friends and i were starving. The staff was awesome! You have got to try the muffaletta's! It was fabulous! The owner was there and he was extremely friendly and fun to talk with. We had a draft beer and chatted about the sites. It was so good we made it a point to go back again the next day! We found it by accident but will absolutely recommend it to anyone and go back when we return to NOLA. If you are a college football, especially a LSU fan, got to stop in. Beating Bobby Flay in the 'throw down' was earned!

• Visited June 2012