“Excellent tours and fantastic customer service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Tours

Magic Tours
441 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)
(504) 588-9693
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 205 Activities in New Orleans
Wembley, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent tours and fantastic customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

There is a discount for ordering tickets online, which means you will get excellent value-for-money from this company. I also received top-notch customer service from Stan & Walter.

Of the two tours we booked through Magic, my favourite was the “St. Louis Cemetery #1” tour, although I still enjoyed the “Ghosts/Haunts/Voodoo” tour, as it visited different buildings / sites than the other tour company I used.

These tours are more historical based rather than fantastical, but if you are up for learning, this should be your first choice for walking tours in the New Orleans area.

Don’t forget to tip your guide, as they work very hard in the NOLA heat.

Ottawa, Canada
25 attraction reviews
“Informative and creepy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I took the ghost tour. The guide was very informative and loved his work. The stories were interesting and very creepy. I would recommend this tour. You will never see the French Quarter the same way again.

Bordeaux, France
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I went on two tours with Magic Tours New Orleans, and I couldn't be happier to have chosen them. The Ghost tour on Thursday evening with John, which was fantastic. He's a great tour guide, the tour group was small which made for a more intimate experience. There are no cheap thrills and chills, and you get to see the French Quarter's significant buildings like the LaLaurie House and the Pharmacy, which not all ghost tours will take you on.

The second tour was even better, which was the Garden District tour, with Nancy, and it was very informative. We started off in Lafayette Cemetery, got a great education on burial methods, then learned about the architecture of the city, and the streetcar ride into the Garden District was also a lot of fun.

I highly recommend Magic Tours for a first-time visitor to the city or someone looking to get more details in the explanations.

east coast
“Ghostly Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I emailed with the owner prior to our trip. He was responsive and answered all of my questions. There is a discount for ordering tickets online. Our tour guide, Andrew, was great. The group met outside the Royal House restaurant (separate review) where Andrew explained the route and what we would see along the way. He made clear that when he crossed from historical recount to local folklore, he would tell us, so we could decide for ourselves what to believe. Andrew’s gift for storytelling ensured the group was engaged throughout the tour. He welcomed questions as well as asked questions of the group. Andrew infused just the right amount of humor into the presentation. There is so much to learn! There were children on our tour, and the content was appropriate for all. I highly recommend this tour company and guide.

Visited April 2013
Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Took the St. Louis Cemetery #1 tour with Mike on a rainy Friday. He provided factual and well presented information. We appreciated the lack of sensationalism in his tour and wish we had booked other tours with this company. We unfortunately booked the Garden District tour with another company and it did not come close to our experience with Magic Tours. Highly recommend!!!

Visited May 2013