“Old New Orleans Rum Distillery Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Factory Tours, Distilleries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Celebration Distillery, located in the Gentilly area of New Orleans, is the Oldest Premium Rum Distillery in US and the only in Louisiana. Tours Times:Monday-Friday at 12pm, 2pm & 4pmSaturdays at 2pm & 4pm. The cost is $10/person. Call to book complimentary transportation from the French Quarter Monday-Friday.
Slidell, LA
“Old New Orleans Rum Distillery Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

If driving, it is a little hard to find but worth the effort. Tour and tasting is down to earth and unpretentious...located located in an old cotton warehouse. Tasting afterward was
enjoyable. No pressure to buy or depart.

Visited January 2013

Reston, VA
43 attraction reviews
“well off the beaten path”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The Old New Orleans Rum Distillery is a fun tour. Even if you aren't a rum aficionado it is a worthwhile visit. The rum is most excellent, and seeing the artisanal processes by which it is made makes it even better. You can order rum shipped to most states, so it's not a worry if you're flying. I would most strongly recommend going during the week when the distillery runs transportation from French Market. On a Saturday our taxi had difficulty fining the distillery, which is not in a good neighborhood. It appears that it would be possible to get nearby on the bus, but I don't think that is a good idea.

Visited February 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“What an awesome time!!! True NOLA hospitality & some AMAZING rum! Will go back every time I visit. Staff is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Awesome is all I can say! Some of the best rum I've ever tasted!!! Gingeroo........AMAZING!! I've been to NOLA countless times......even bought Michalopoulas art, been to the gallery and never knew he (Michalopoulas) was behind it!! What a great side trip! I love to contribute to the cities/places I go, it means a lot to me to give back to communities I fall in love with. Keep it up ,it was a great time and I will/and recommend it to everyone that I recommend your beautiful city to!

Visited October 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“MUST DO 21+”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

One of the most fun, yet educational tours I have been on! Definitely a MUST SEE/ MUST DO while in New Orleans! Old New Orleans Cajun Spice is one of my favorite rums so when I found out there were tours of the distillery I had to go. The tour is a reasonable price and they offer a shuttle service to and from your hotel because it is a little off the beaten path.

Visited July 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Delicious Rum, Interesting Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was a great tour for the afternoon. It was only $10 and everything we had was delicious. Not to mention picking us up from the bar across from our hotel was convenient. If your schedule looks like it needs a break from the history or a break from the bars this is the perfect solution.

Visited January 2013