“Must-do for Pharmacists” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Orleans Pharmacy Museum

New Orleans Pharmacy Museum
514 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)
504-565-8027
and up
New Orleans Ghost Tour: Witchcraft and Voodoo
Ranked #37 of 287 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the site of the first licensed apothecary shop, the Pharmacy Museum includes cures for anything that ails you including voodoo potions and other weird medicines.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Must-do for Pharmacists”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I found out about this museum while looking on TripAdvisor for things to do in New Orleans. My brother has lived there for a few years so I'm looking for new stuff every time I visit. I've been in the French Quarter several times but never noticed this museum even though I probably walked by it before. It's a great place to see some of the artifacts I had learned about during school. I went around noon on Friday so I could take the guided tour which I highly recommend. There are cards explaining things around the museum but our guide had a lot of knowledge about specific items. It sounded like if there weren't enough people, there wouldn't have been a tour. There were 3 of us so we got to see things close up. Highly recommended for pharmacists and any healthcare professionals.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good for healthcare professionals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We only had the self guided option available. It was difficult to read some of the things but there was definitely a lot to see. It was interesting and affordable.

The Colony, Texas
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Alot of cool stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We found out about this place from a suggestion by one of the tour guides we had. My girlfriend works in medicine, so she wanted to go here. It is only $5/person to get in, which is a great price for the amount of stuff they have in here. It is alot of reading with no "interactive" displays, so kids may find it a bit tedious and boring. Everything is displayed in different categories, and there is alot of stuff to look at and read about. It is amazing how far we have come in medicine and it is interesting to look back at the medical stuff they used back then. There is a courtyard out back and a second floor full of displays. So if you look in the window when they are closed, don't assume the room you see is the whole museum. For $5 a person, this was a great stop with alot of cool things to look at and read about.

Chagrin Falls, Ohio
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“You will learn interesting new things here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We spent a long time in this museum from 1823's. There were many early medical devices, pills, prescriptions, and medical information that we knew nothing about before reading all the informative signs. There was a lot about early alcohol and drug use and the problems associated with that. Two floors of displays to visit.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our visit to the pharmacy museum was a highlight of the trip. It was fascinating. We did the guided tour, which starts at noon. Our guide was informative and very funny. It was interesting to learn more about the history of the city from a medical perspective. And at only $5, we definitely got our money's worth.