“Interesting” 4 of 5 stars

and up
French Quarter Walking Tour
Ranked #60 of 476 things to do in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Occupants of this historic house, now a museum, included Confederate General P.G.T. Beauregard and novelist Frances Parkinson Keyes.
Orlando, Florida
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a nice example of a New Orleans home. Our tour guide was quite a character which made for some interesting moments in our four person tour. He was knowledgable on the area and gave us some good restaurant tips. Anyway, the house itself has some nice things in it and is beautifully decorated. There is a piano they will let guests play, which is rare. This is literally across the street from the Old Ursuline Convent and we did them together.

Visited October 2012

chesterfield
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“pleasant hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The house is open for tours on the hour, just turn up and bang on the hour the guide will come to the front door. Pleasant hour spent learning of the history of the house. Interesting place!

Visited October 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beautifully restored home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed touring this beautiful home. The tour guide, Ott, was especially knowlegeable and witty. He seemed to have a real love for this old home. The decor was spot on as was the attentiion to detail. It's a fantastic value for a little bit of money, a true must see!

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour fantastic gift shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We went here around 10:30am and were the only two on the tour, the guide was extremely knowledgeable about the general and the author who restored the house and the tour gives complete access. The whole house has been completely restored and is a fascinating insight into that era. Our guide even apologised to us because he said the house was old, coming from the UK he said our old houses were 'really old'. A bonus is the gift shop which although it does not carry a vast amount of items they are different and good value I actually spent Monet in this one.

Cincinnati, Ohio
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Nice tour of a beautiful home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Rang the bell promptly at 2 with no answer....after about 5 minutes of waiting I called the phone number and the gentleman answered saying he was on his way. It was just my husband, son and me for the tour and the cost was $10 for me. My husband is military so I assume he was free and the guide didn't charge for my son which was exceptionally nice of him. I don't remember the tour guides name but he was very nice and personable. His love of the home is evident and he's chalk full of great information about it! The home is just lovely and a great little addition to our day spent in the quarter!

Visited August 2012