“Kid Friendly and relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien New Orleans

You added Le Meridien New Orleans to your Saves list
Le Meridien New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #115 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
La
“Kid Friendly and relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

We brought our kids to New Orleans for their first time. It was also their first time staying in a hotel (3 & 2 yrs old). Needless to say I had some doubts about it. But the staff there was wonderful. They made my kids feel special by giving them each a pack of mardi gras beads and a drink when we walked in one day from site seeing. The staff is very professional but also warm. We def plan on taking them back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
Well Hello There,

First of all, thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. We were delighted to hear that your family had a wonderful experience at the W New Orleans. It was great to read that overall your service experience with our talent was a WOW. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Angela Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Contemporary. Excellent service. Outstanding staff. Reginald is the best.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Well Hello There,

First of all, thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your experience at the W New Orleans. It sounds like one or our welcome desk team members enhanced your overall service experience.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

I always stayed at any one of the W Brands or The Sharaton..but this time we came down for the Jazz Festival. And when we fist came to the hotel we were greeted very nice, the bellman politly grabbed our bags as the doors opened i was just in total aww as i waliked through the beutiful hotel the colors were perfectly put together (my first time at that hotel)...but everything wasnt so lovely it seemed like it took forever just for us to check in to the hotel...but when we finally checkd into our double room it was quite small and the furniture was totally out dated looked like it was time for a make over, the room was fresh and i love the ameneties by Bliss.. i loved my stay and from now on when i come back to New Orleans i wont just come back for the food but for the W hotel Experience because everyone from the valet to the house keeping was so friendly and made our stay more joyful or family loved it and so did we
keep up the good work

• Stayed April 2009
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, May 11, 2009
Well Hello There,

We were delighted to hear that your family had a wonderful experience at the W New Orleans. It was great to read that overall your service experience with our talent was a WOW. This feedback will be shared with our welcome ambassadors, Wheels (valet) and housekeepers. I do apologize for the Whoops in getting your family checked in quickly.

Please know that we appreciate and welcome your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the W New Orleans and to the Crescent City.

Angela T.
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

Stayed here for jazzfest, and found the hotel to be perfect. Our room, on the 21st floor, was spacious, comfortable and in good decorative condition (it should be noted that I think this was a superior room, and therefore some of the other comments on this site may not be relevant to my experience). Beds superbly comfortable. Maid service was well organized, the room always being cleaned whenever we left the room. Pleasant front desk staff, excellent concierge. The hotel is overtly hip, so if that's not your thing, then try somewhere like the Pavillion, just up the road. But if you don't mind a bit of a 'scene' where you're staying, wouldn't hesitate in recommending this place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Well Hello There,

First of all, thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your experience at the W New Orleans. It sounds like our welcome desk and Concierge teams enhanced your overall service experience.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to the W New Orleans.

Angela T.
cincinnati, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Read the reviews here, they're all true. This hotel is horrible. Don't let the flashy facade fool you, just underneath is a shame to the Westin brand. Dirty hallways and beat-up dirty rooms. Chewed on pen left on the desk. I saw a used glass on a table outside the elevator for 2 and a half days. Charged 2 times in one day for a 1 day internet fee, charged for food I never took out of the fridge, 28 bucks a day to park, this place is a joke. The management here has NO CLUE how to run a hotel and is, like another reviewer stated, more concerned about the occassional celeb that may show up.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
wneworleans, general manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, May 7, 2009
Well Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent experience. I reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay at the W New Orleans. We were very disappointed to read about the challenges you encountered, as we strive to create the best service experience for our guest. We want to apologize for these concerns. Your feedback is valued and we will ensure corrective measures are taken.

If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of our management team. Please contact us. We would welcome a chance to welcome you back to the W New Orleans and we are confident that we can create a WOW experience for your next visit.

Warm Wishes
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

The staff is a nightmare and the place is overrun with ignorance. The details should be a priority at this hotel but instead you get harassed and a vacation can quickly turn into a job. This place was awful and we will never return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, April 29, 2009
Well hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent experience. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our location. I reviewed your comments concerning your service experience. We strive to create wonderful memories for our guest and we are extremely disappointed when we miss the mark. Please accept our apology that your experience was not representative our typical W New Orleans guest service experience.

We do appreciate that you chose the W New Orleans. Again, thank your for sharing your feedback. We take these comments serious and we do share this feedback with our talent.

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I stayed there for a few nights a couple of months ago and cannot agree with the poor reviews more. It is the attention to detail that distinguishes the W from other brands and the treatment of the customer as an asset, not an idiot. For example:
- Valet/Bellman just stood there as I lugged my luggage from the curb into the lobby, but then tried to take it from me once I got to the front desk. He did hit the button to open the auto door, though. Thanks.
- As I was arriving at 10am, I asked for early check-in as Gold Preferred member - I called from different locations in NO to see what was going on and was intermittantly told it was ready, no it wasn't, will be ready soon, etc. Finally, at 3 or 4pm, the normal check-in time, I was told the room was still not ready (I had booked a suite using points). When I complained and asked for the manager (who was not wearing a name tag), she indicated that there was in fact a suite available and I could check in. Who knows how long that suite was sitting there as I was waiting to check in since my 10 am arrival. Of course the manager neglected to inform me that the suite she gave me was a disabled suite, which was fine, but I still should have been told. Also, she told me the suite was an upgrade when I knew from the choices offered at booking that it was not.
- I was handed my room key in a plain white stationery envelope. New no frills marketing? No info about the hotel was provided, just the envelope and the key. Oh, and an invite to a $100/person fund-raiser for the manager's friend's charity that night in the hotel.
- No turn-down service, even upon request.
- Lighting fixtures in elevator waiting area on the top floor were barely translucent from the dust.
- Sink in bathroom was coming out of the wall -some sort of cardboard was wedged in to keep it together.
- Pipes rattled whenever someone flushed the toilet.

- Great location is the only positive.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Well hello there,

I reviewed your comments concerning your stay with us. We were very disappointed to read about the service and product challenges you encountered. We strive to create a wonderful service experience for our guest. Please accept our apology that your experience was not representative our typical W New Orleans guest experience. Your feedback is valued and we will ensure corrective measures are taken.

As a management team, we take all comments and feedback seriously and share them with our talent, so we can resolve any and all issues. We do appreciate that you choose the W New Orleans and we are confident that we can create a WOW experience for your next visit.

Angela Thompson

Been to Le Meridien New Orleans? Share your experiences!