“Awful hotel. Go elsewhere.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien New Orleans

You added Le Meridien New Orleans to your Saves list
Le Meridien New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #114 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
cincinnati, oh
“Awful hotel. Go elsewhere.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Read the reviews here, they're all true. This hotel is horrible. Don't let the flashy facade fool you, just underneath is a shame to the Westin brand. Dirty hallways and beat-up dirty rooms. Chewed on pen left on the desk. I saw a used glass on a table outside the elevator for 2 and a half days. Charged 2 times in one day for a 1 day internet fee, charged for food I never took out of the fridge, 28 bucks a day to park, this place is a joke. The management here has NO CLUE how to run a hotel and is, like another reviewer stated, more concerned about the occassional celeb that may show up.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
wneworleans, general manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, May 7, 2009
Well Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent experience. I reviewed your comments regarding your recent stay at the W New Orleans. We were very disappointed to read about the challenges you encountered, as we strive to create the best service experience for our guest. We want to apologize for these concerns. Your feedback is valued and we will ensure corrective measures are taken.

If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of our management team. Please contact us. We would welcome a chance to welcome you back to the W New Orleans and we are confident that we can create a WOW experience for your next visit.

Warm Wishes
Angela Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

The staff is a nightmare and the place is overrun with ignorance. The details should be a priority at this hotel but instead you get harassed and a vacation can quickly turn into a job. This place was awful and we will never return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, April 29, 2009
Well hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent experience. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed our location. I reviewed your comments concerning your service experience. We strive to create wonderful memories for our guest and we are extremely disappointed when we miss the mark. Please accept our apology that your experience was not representative our typical W New Orleans guest service experience.

We do appreciate that you chose the W New Orleans. Again, thank your for sharing your feedback. We take these comments serious and we do share this feedback with our talent.

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I stayed there for a few nights a couple of months ago and cannot agree with the poor reviews more. It is the attention to detail that distinguishes the W from other brands and the treatment of the customer as an asset, not an idiot. For example:
- Valet/Bellman just stood there as I lugged my luggage from the curb into the lobby, but then tried to take it from me once I got to the front desk. He did hit the button to open the auto door, though. Thanks.
- As I was arriving at 10am, I asked for early check-in as Gold Preferred member - I called from different locations in NO to see what was going on and was intermittantly told it was ready, no it wasn't, will be ready soon, etc. Finally, at 3 or 4pm, the normal check-in time, I was told the room was still not ready (I had booked a suite using points). When I complained and asked for the manager (who was not wearing a name tag), she indicated that there was in fact a suite available and I could check in. Who knows how long that suite was sitting there as I was waiting to check in since my 10 am arrival. Of course the manager neglected to inform me that the suite she gave me was a disabled suite, which was fine, but I still should have been told. Also, she told me the suite was an upgrade when I knew from the choices offered at booking that it was not.
- I was handed my room key in a plain white stationery envelope. New no frills marketing? No info about the hotel was provided, just the envelope and the key. Oh, and an invite to a $100/person fund-raiser for the manager's friend's charity that night in the hotel.
- No turn-down service, even upon request.
- Lighting fixtures in elevator waiting area on the top floor were barely translucent from the dust.
- Sink in bathroom was coming out of the wall -some sort of cardboard was wedged in to keep it together.
- Pipes rattled whenever someone flushed the toilet.

- Great location is the only positive.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Well hello there,

I reviewed your comments concerning your stay with us. We were very disappointed to read about the service and product challenges you encountered. We strive to create a wonderful service experience for our guest. Please accept our apology that your experience was not representative our typical W New Orleans guest experience. Your feedback is valued and we will ensure corrective measures are taken.

As a management team, we take all comments and feedback seriously and share them with our talent, so we can resolve any and all issues. We do appreciate that you choose the W New Orleans and we are confident that we can create a WOW experience for your next visit.

pgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

We were put off by some poor reviews on Trip Advisor. We actually only stayed one night and booked the remainder of our stay elsewhere because of the negative reviews we read. Too bad! We found W to be very clean, well maintained, a great value and an excellent location. Next time we travel to New Orleans we are staying the entire time at W!

Well hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feedback about your W New Orleans experience. We were delighted to know that you enjoyed our location and found great value.

Thank you very much for selecting the W New Orleans and we look forward to your return in the near future.

denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

First of all, I have stayed here 4 times as the location is great, however, the service is aweful from the management down. The "car service" has never been up and running during any of the 4 time I've stayed here (even though when you call them, they advertize it when you are on hold). They don't guarantee the rooms which they claim you can stay in. Some of the employees are outstanding, but it is obvious that management needs help.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, April 27, 2009
April 27, 2009

Well Hello There,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent W New Orleans experience. I was pleased to read that many of our talent did provide a WOW service experience.

I reveiwed your comments concerning the Acura availibilty and the concerns with room types. I want to apologize for these challenges. The days and times of service will vary between hotels (W Hotels) and is booked based on availablity with our Concierge talent. I would like welcome more direct feedback concening this challenge as you indicated difficulity in booking this during multiple stays.

Thank you again for your feedback. We strive to deliver flawless service to our guest and we are very disappointed when we do not achieve this. If you would like to discuss your experience, please send an email to WNOCSERVICE@WHOTELS.COM so we may address it with you directly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the W New Orleans.

Warm Wishes,
Burlingame, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

Horrible service. Poorly trained front desk staff. The worst Starwood and W has to offer. Do not stay at the W on Poydras Street. If you want a Starwood property, stay at the W French Quarter or at The Westin Canal Place.

Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

This a a very nice location. Approximately 7 blocks from Jackson Square in the French Quarter. It is about 3 blocks from the Riverwalk and right across the street from Harrah's Casino. The lobby is really chic. This is where the positive reviews end. The rooms are REALLY tiny and the walls are REALLY thin. Our bathroom was LITERALLY dirty- floors, vanity, toilet, mirror, etc. One day I put something on the floor just to see if the housekeepers would clean it- They didn't.) Parking is $38 per day. ROBBERY! I would consider others hotels in the vicinity. The rooms are sub-standard for any hotel's standards.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Been to Le Meridien New Orleans? Share your experiences!