“Check in Failure/incompitent” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien New Orleans

You added Le Meridien New Orleans to your Saves list
Le Meridien New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #98 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, Texas
“Check in Failure/incompitent”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our group is arriving today for a 50th birthday celebration which hasn't even begun in totality. One of the members of our party attempts to check in with a confirmation in hand and the clerk attemps to tell him the reservation has been cancelled. My husband, with elite platinum status calls the platinum desk. The platinum attendent agrees they have the reservation. The desk clerk has completely failed and embarrassed and humiliated!!! The hotel manager refused to call and apologize for the incompitence - yet one more failure. As the prior reviews state...the hotel managment could care less! Think twice about his hotel. We are due to arrive later today so we shall see how well this train wreck contiues over the weekend.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel is situated on the edge of the French Quarter, close enough to walk but far enough for peace. The staff were friendly and attentive, all of the modern amenities you expect including bath robe and super comfy beds. But, heads up, if you're a light sleeper request a room away from elevators. Nice pool and fitness center on the 4th floor roof.

Room Tip: Most rooms have great views of the Mississippi, for light sleepers request room away from elevators.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I was in the "Big Easy for a huge week of customer meetings and my travel planer booked me in at Le Meridian? I am a Hilton Man! So I was less than pleased. That is until I got to the Hotel super cool cutting edge. Which that is all dandy but hotel shmotel. The bartender I met at the hotel was this really cool soul by Nena from Idaho? Well let me tell you Ms. Nena gave all the hot spots for dinner and drinks to blow my clients away. The Le Meridian is the only place I will stay now and the only place I drink when Ms.Nena is working! Oh she makes the best craft cocktails on top of her wit and charm! She now my favorite bartender in the world.
MAC

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Retro room furnishings look cheap. Infrequent hot water. AC needed attention. Engineer replaced filthy black air filter. Room does not have coffee maker. Bed and pillows uncomfortable. For a Starwood property, it was very disappointing. However, it would make a great Red Roof!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Ed C -

We appreciate the feedback that you provided about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that there were several aspects of your trip that didn't meet your expectations. I know that we tried to reach you a few times while you were here to find a room that better suited your needs. We would love the opportunity to show you a different experience the next time you're in town as we have a large number of rooms that might fit your taste better.

If there's anything else that we can do for you in the meantime, please let us know. Thank you again for providing valuable feedback about your experience.

All the best,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice staff,clean rooms and nice hotel. Good location, you can walk anywhere! The French Quarter is very close! I wish I could remember the gentleman who checked me in. He was very helpful and the room 1412 has a great view! The valet staff is very friendly and also very helpful.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Sidney C -

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien and for sharing such a nice review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the recommendation to other travelers and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in New Orleans.

Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was expensive, but exceptional in two ways: the entry door opened into a closet door, which was confusing, to say the least; the view of the Harrah's Casino lights was interesting, although it grew tiresome after a couple of days.
Location was quite good: easy walk to the French Quarter, easy walk to get the shuttle bus to Jazzfest, easy walk to get to the streetcar going to City Park.

Breakfast food was good, but $50 for two people to eat breakfast also seems quite overpriced. We didn't try dinner there.

Mixed review on the decor of the hotel and the room itself: my wife liked both, I wasn't so impressed. Just a difference of taste, I guess.

Green Features: The usual "hang up the towel if you don't want it replaced"; the usual replaced towels anyway.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello David M -

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien New Orleans while you were in town for Jazz Fest. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel. Jazz Fest is one of the busiest times in the city, so rates tend to run a little higher all around; however, we do have great rates year round and would love to welcome you back any time to show you another fantastic weekend. If there's anything that we can do for you in the meantime, please let us know. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked my trip with travelocity. I called the hotel as soon as I booked my trip which was 2 months prior. They already had my reservation confirmed. My flight got into New Orleans at 9:30 am on Friday. I went to the hotel and they were so sweet and checked me in and offered me an upgrade since they saw it was my birthday!! They also gave me champagne vouchers. They were so attentive and awesome ! I am a former flight attendant and I must say this was one if not the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Great staff. Beautiful room. Amazing rooftop pool. It a 10 minute walk to the French quarter. Great safe neighborhood I was able to feel safe walking around at night. I recommend this amazing clean hotel with the perfect location to everyone !

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Hello Cotesp -

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien New Orleans and for sharing a really nice review about our hotel with other travelers on TripAdvisor. Happy belated birthday! We are thrilled that you chose to celebrate such a wonderful occasion with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I'm glad to hear that our associates went above and beyond to make you feel special on your weekend. We appreciate the recommendation as it sounds like you've traveled a lot and have stayed in a lot of hotels. We can't wait to see you back again soon!

John Thompson

Been to Le Meridien New Orleans? Share your experiences!