“The Old W is Reborn in New Orleans” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien New Orleans

You added Le Meridien New Orleans to your Saves list
Le Meridien New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #99 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Richmond
“The Old W is Reborn in New Orleans”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just visited for a conference. This is a nice upscale hotel but has some quirks. The rooms are fairly standard. What I do not like is that there is no coffee maker in them. I just do not understand why "luxury" hotels think we want to have to get dressed to head to the lobby for coffee or pay room service. There also is not lunch option in the hotel in terms of a restaurant. Not a huge deal but seemed odd. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout my stay. I will say this is a noisy area of town and you hear a lot of street noise in your room. The location is good. Next to the casino. Close to the convention center, warehouse district and the French Quarter. Certainly a solid choice in the Big Easy.

Room Tip: Try to get a high room away from street noise.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Central Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

we just arrived from NY and checked in. Initial impression is quite good, from the bell boy to the staff. Front desk/checkin staff is Specially helpful and nice. Lucile who checked us in gave a free upgrade to the top floor 23rd room 2317, wonderful layout corner room. We are going to enjoy our stay and will update our review at the end of our stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked on a great deal with Hotwire! I certainly should not comment anything negative from me for what I paid. But if I had paid more. I like a place that has coffee free in the lobby
without dealing with anybody. They did give a free voucher but in the morning I prefer self serve. I can understand not having coffee in rooms as that can become a mess especially since the comforter was pure white. I do not use internet generally but that should be free to others.
But place was clean, comfy, perfect.
Location is directly across the street from Harrah's Casino. Mother's restaurant. A block from Canal street and the French Quarter. There should be no issues getting back and forth to Bourbon Street (about three blocks 1/3 of a mile to Canal and Bourbon) even in the wee hours of the morning as Harrah's is bustling, Canal is bustling, and Bourbon is bustling with people. For tourists all except the Garden District streetcar's are next To Harrah's on otherside. The Garden District streetcar can be walked to less than a 1/4 mile up Polydras. Since it rained a bit while I was there, I used Harrah's a few times to cut through, avoid rain, make a few thousand dollars on slots, before embarking on streetcars. LOL
The ferry to Algiers as well as one of the riverboats and the shopping mall are all within a 1/4 mile. Only, those that want to hang off of balconies to the early morning might be better served on Bourbon. Everything else touristy in New Orleans including, Frenchman Street via streetcar or walking is easily reachable including Bourbon street well into the night.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel from the moment I walked through the door. The rooms were large and spacious and very quiet. The staff was unbelievably helpful and friendly. The location is great. It's not in the French Quarter, but close enough to walk. Also very close to some pretty awesome museums and restaurants. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello DestenieDestenie -

I was thrilled to read your review about your recent stay at Le Meridien New Orleans. Thank you for taking the time to post such favorable feedback on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the kind words and would love to welcome you back the next time you're in New Orleans.

La Canada, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There's no denying this is an excellent hotel despite its pretentiousness. However, without an expense account to pay the high cost of everything at the hotel, the hotel should be avoided by the average traveler. Rooms, surprisingly, are small...four people in a room would be quite crowded...larger rooms can be found at most highway motels. However, the beds are quite comfy. Overnight parking is $42! There is a fee for the internet. Drinks at the bar are cost prohibitive without an expense account. Since there are no regular restaurants in the near vacinity of the hotel, one is almost forced to eat in their dining room (bring lots of money,,,a two egg breakfast with bacon is $19!).

I found the hotel quite pretentious partly due to the art that they have decorated the hotel with...near the elevators they have a french art film constantly showing about some man with a chair...the point of the film eluded me! There is a outside pool with cabanas on the roof on the fourth floor.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Rogerdob -

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that there were some things that you didn't care for about your experience. I wanted to let you know that we do have larger rooms available and would love to show you some different options if you find yourself traveling back to New Orleans in case we can find a more suitable room. Also, I see that you're a frequent traveler. I'm not sure if you're a part of our Starwood Preferred Guest program, but if you are and book directly through our online channels, wifi is complimentary in our hotels. It's something new that we started so we want to make sure that all of our travelers are aware. It's free to sign up if you haven't already and the rewards are fantastic. We hope that you'll consider staying with us in the future as we'd love to show you a wonderful experience and provide some great recommendations for you of places to visit and restaurants to try around the hotel. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you back some day.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stay here with boyfriend while he was attend convention. I read lot of negative review of hotel. They're all lie Except room. That no lie they small, but who come to New Orleans to stay in room right? Food in room is good. Valet was nice to me I kept making them get stuff out car during stay. Bell boy was kind of cold to me I tip him 2.00 and he give back to me and walk away. Pool area is nice could be bigger lot of space behind small wall.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Hello Bschanez -

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with other travelers. We would love to see you again the next time you're traveling to New Orleans and hope that you'll consider Le Meridien New Orleans in the future.

Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Centrally located small hotel with comfortable feel. We enjoyed staying here for a few days in March. Across from Harrahs so you can still gamble without staying in the casinos. Would also be good if cruising; dock was not far at all.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello breazer24 -

We appreciate the kind words that you shared about your stay at Le Meridien New Orleans and are glad to hear that everything went so well. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with other travelers on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're traveling to New Orleans for business or pleasure.

John Thompson

Been to Le Meridien New Orleans? Share your experiences!