“It's an Ok hotel not 100% of what I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien New Orleans

You added Le Meridien New Orleans to your Saves list
Le Meridien New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #115 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida
“It's an Ok hotel not 100% of what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay but the rooms wasn't clean properly, when I checked in the valets looked rough, bumps all on there face like it came from shaving, parking price is to high, front desks agents were nice and the bellman where also excellent

• Stayed May 2014
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Hello Ambassadorpeter,
Thank you for choosing W New Orleans during your recent visit. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you again soon upon your return to New Orleans!
John Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Do not stay. The rooms are very worn and the staff, while nice, don't seem to know what they were doing. I left without my laundry because they did send it out for three days. The TV didn't work, the card key didn't work. I arrived late because of weather issues and the front desk want to argue with me about how many days they would charge and I never brought it up as an issue. For the cost, you can do much better.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello DaveP341,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay at W New Orleans. Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. We hope you will return and stay with us again upon completion of our full-property renovation and transformation later this winter.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The staff is very helpful and nice. the bath rooms are real small. that was the only thing wrong with this hotel. i would stay here again. room was good and clean.They even have to dvd's to look at in your room . When you have some down time. Beds where very comfortable!! And for the people that gave this hotel a bed review are just hard to please!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Greg M,
Thank you for choosing W New Orleans during your recent visit to the city! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor! We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope you will return upon completion of our renovation later this winter!
Brentwood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Over priced and the guest is under served. The room was clean but so small it was difficult to have 3 people in the space without falling over one another. I have stayed in better places in New Orleans for less money. If you are considering W in NO, I recommend to keep looking.

• Stayed May 2014
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Hello Richard5521,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay at W New Orleans. Thank you for providing us with your feedback and we hope to see you again upon completion of our renovation later this year.
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We booked well in advance for Jazzfest. I do not begrudge New Orleans the chance to cash in on all of us who want to come for the festival so I am not expecting deals. I even sprung for the "upgrade" when offered by email a week before we were due to arrive.

The staff are nice. Room was clean. Location is good. A/C was good. Bathroom and products were good. Plenty of towels. All the usuals are fine, not special though.

But there were little annoyances that I just don't expect at a hotel chain of this stature.

The upgrade to a corner suite sounds much better than it is. Lots of space but it was a sitting room separated from the bedroom by a long hallway. Was nice when I needed to do some work and not disturb my sleeping wife but otherwise did not add any feeling of spaciousness or luxury to the otherwise regular-sized bedroom.

The roomkeys rarely worked with elevator on the first try. While it was a nice bonding experience as many of the guests all experienced the same (and becomes a point of conversation in the elevator as we all rush to get a green light before passing our floor) this is just poor quality.

Breakfast in the hotel was quite unremarkable. Walk past the orthodontists' convention to a dowdy coffee shop. Really. In a city like New Orleans with so many great choices, there simply is no reason to eat a bad meal. We didn't eat there again.

My emailed folio overcharged me for the upgrade and the hotel didn't fix it until I emailed them a copy of their own promotion with the stated additional cost.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello John S,
Thank you for choosing W New Orleans during your recent visit to the city. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post a review for us on TripAdvisor and provide us with your feedback. We take the feedback from our guests very seriously and look forward to finding ways to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will return again upon completion of our renovation and transformation to Le Meridien later this winter.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I agree with previous reviewer...W=WORST hotel. Although the reception staff appeared helpful...they didn't seem to know how to do their job. Our reservation ( which was made weeks before arriving), was all messed up. And despite spending much time at reception trying to get it straightened out... We got locked out of our room. Upon checkout..they overcharged us.
The hotel is dingy and seedy in the lobby. The rooms are configured strange with the door to your room on an angle making it hard to get in and out if your room, especially with luggage. Only stayed here because of a conference I was attending was housed here.
The upside...within walking distance of the French Quarter.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello Serval,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at W New Orleans. I'm sorry to hear about the number of issues you encountered while staying with us, and I thank you for taking the time to bring them to my attention. I will see that these issues are addressed right away.
Laguna Niguel, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Hotel stay was 4/18/14 - 4/22/14, checked in gave me a room on the 11th floor. Unpacked, changed and went to Bourbon and to dinner. When I came back to the room, my key did not work, I went to the front desk, they gave me another key and I went to the room and it worked... PERFECT, time for bed! I noticed there was more stuff in my room than I remembered unpacking. I looked around more and noticed that there was a pair of shoes that were not mine, and a backpack that was not mine as well as some luggage and the toiletries bag in the bathroom. I grabbed the phone and immediately called the front desk, and they sent up Ashley from the front desk and loss prevention security. They apologized and really did not have an explanation for me wondering how they have two different people checked into the same hotel room. HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN?! They asked me to move to a different room up on the 19th floor, I obliged.

To make a long story short, I still never got an explanation as to how one could book two people into the same hotel room. I do know this, they sure charged my card for the right amount, and figured that an 85.00 credit (which I had to spend on food and drinks at their hotel) was good enough. I would never recommend my worst enemy to stay at this Starwood Hotel, or any other Starwood Hotel for that matter. Rumor is, that they are changing that hotel to Parker Meridian, but it is still no excuse for the lack of attention on the hotel staff and management at the W Hotel on Poydras in new Orleans. I have serious anxiety and now have trouble sleeping at night, wondering if someone is going to come walk into my room while I am sleeping.... It is a horrible feeling and no one should ever experience it, ever.

Room Tip: Check with the Marriott up the street, they have never failed me, yet.
Green Features: I don't know anything about this.... But, I do know that they happen to think that guests should get friendly, so friendly that they want you to share rooms.... Is that what they mean by enviornmentally friendly??
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
whotelsnola, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hello Brandon R -

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience and for the distress that it has caused you. We value the privacy of our guests and do take this very seriously. This is not something that typically happens and we do appreciate your feedback so we can take precautions to ensure this doesn't happen again. You're correct in that our hotel is going through a full-scale transformation and will become a Le Meridien at the end of the year. We strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests and would love to welcome you back to show you a different experience and turn your opinion around. If there's anything else that we can do for you, please feel free to reach out to us directly at wnocservice@whotels.com. We appreciate your time and consideration. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Warm regards,
John Thompson

Been to Le Meridien New Orleans? Share your experiences!