“AVOID” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien New Orleans

You added Le Meridien New Orleans to your Saves list
Le Meridien New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #115 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Vancouver
“AVOID”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed at MANY W hotels as we have traveled the world the past 20 years. This is by far the worst of the worst. Not even sure how this structure made it into the W brand.
Dirty, run down, mold in the bath /shower tiles, leaking faucet head that dripped for 5 days straight. Dirty carpets, walls, and furniture.
I think the W should reconsider this leg of the hotel as part of their group.
AVOID, stay at the W French Quarter which was all the standard that a W should be.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Hello TheKatt,
I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment in your recent stay at W New Orleans. I will pass along your comments to our housekeeping staff and see that the issues you addressed are looked into right away. We hope you will return and stay with us again upon completion of our renovation later this year.
John Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
lebergerus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We just stayed at the W New Orleans for a long weekend with our children. The hotel was wholly mediocre. Furniture was old, sheets were stained (from ironing)---the rooms just looked old and run down. The wifi was ridiculously slow. Parking is very expensive ($39/night) and we were not told in advance that there was a race in New Orleans that wouldn't allow us to get our car in a timely manner (we could have self parked it across the street and not had an issue). No bill was put under our door on the final night and then the bill was simply wrong (I'm SPG Gold and asked for free Internet and this wasn't wiped from my bill) and required a mini-fight to get corrected.

Lastly the "Whatever, Whenever" concierge was rarely at his/her desk.

Yes the beds were comfortable.

So in short, just run down and mediocre. Far from a hip, great W hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello labergerus,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent experience at W New Orleans. We appreciate you taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear you were somewhat disappointed with various aspects of your stay. We invite you to return and stay with us again upon completion of our renovation later this winter.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in a decent location then this is a good option.

The lobby is nice and the free morning coffee was always good.

Rooms are nice but average. Cleanliness was average.

The service was actually good and better than the hotel itself.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello shipdad,
Thank you for choosing W New Orleans during your recent visit to the city and for taking the time to post a review for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us of your experience. I hope you enjoyed your time in New Orleans! We hope to see you again soon upon your return.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We travel frequently and have stayed at various W hotels. This is NOT a W. My husband said it best... It was an old run down hotel that has the W brand smacked on it. The rooms are small, the walls are paper thin (my husband and I were talking with our inside voices and for a noise compliant), the bathrooms are tiny and dirty a the floors are filthy. I took of my shoes and within minutes my feet were black. In addition, we got zero house cleaning services until we called to request them. We even attempted to get a cab by asking the people in the driveway. Instead of assisting us they pointed down the block and told us we could get one there. Again, this is not a real W, by any stretch. I will be calling to complain directly to management in the morning.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Lilboudjie,
I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience at W New Orleans. Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. I will speak with our housekeeping team regarding the cleanliness of your room, and ensure that these issues are looked in to. Again, I apologize for the experience you had while with us. I hope that you will return and give us the opportunity to show you a different experience upon completion of our renovation later this winter.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

The negative reviews are true. I consider myself to be a level headed, positive person, but my level of disappointment is just too great to ignore.
1. On my first day at my conference I returned to find my room I cleaned after over 8 hours away. I called and had to leave my room again so housekeeping could come clean. The front desk said I could stay while they came...but who would feel comfortable doing that?
2. The rust. The dirt. The filth. The stains. Rust is everywhere. All the metal. Dust is everywhere. On black furniture you can see dust without trying. It looks like the furniture hasn't been cleaned in months. Stains are all over the walls and robes. It's utterly appalling. There were crumbs and nut shells behind the bed (which I only saw because the phone was unplugged and I needed to plug it in to call the front desk to complain...leading to the next point).
3. "If you would tell us the problem could be rectified," said the gentleman at the desk. At 250 plus dollars a night why are there these problems??? This isn't the days inn. I thanked him for the apology, but what does that do to fix the problems?
4. Housekeeping took my bathroom rug and water bottles. I stepped on the rug because no bath mat was left.
5. Each day a card is left to tell us about the upcoming renovations. Listen up, W New Orleans...you should have offered your deteriorating rooms and housekeeping at a lower rate to keep up with the brand's reputation. A single stay here is more than enough to sour your reputation for me, and I'm sure others, going forward.
I check out tomorrow and I look forward to a night not here. Too bad. (*when I called to complain tonight I got disconnected after the gentlemen said he would send someone up with a rug - because the phone died because someone (not me) unplugged it - and I just am too disappointed to use my own cell phone to look up the number and call....and an hour later, I still have no rug).

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Hello H E,
I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience at W New Orleans. Please accept my apology for the issues you faced while staying with us. If I can be of further assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to reach out to us further by emailing wnocservice@whotels.com and I will be happy to see what I can do. There is no excuse for an unclean room or lack of service. I'm sorry for your inconveniences and I hope you will return to stay with us again upon completion of our renovation later this year.
Anniston, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while at a conference. The hotel is in a good location so walking to many venues is very easy. The air conditioner worked great and I found the bed comfy. I did not think the hotel staff was very nice. Also the hall noise and doors slamming made it difficult to rest. I just didn't feel this hotel lived up to other Ws I've visited in the past.

• Stayed April 2014
Hello Leigh T,
I'm sorry to hear you were somewhat disappointed in your recent stay at W New Orleans, but we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are always looking for way in which we can improve our property and the guest's experiences. We hope you will return to stay with us again after completion of our renovation later this year.
Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Lousy plumbing.
Lousy upkeep.
Loud music pumped into the Elevators and Lobby.
Seriously over priced.

On the plus side:
A/C works fine (as does the heat). Spacious.

Curveball:
The pool is labeled in Feet and in Meters but appears as if the meters are missing the decimal point (so 3 Feet is listed as 9 meters but 0.9 is correct.) I'd call this neither pro nor con...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hello dowdberry,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay at W New Orleans. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as we are always looking for areas on which to improve. We hope you will return to stay with us again upon completion of our renovation later this year.
John Thompson

Been to Le Meridien New Orleans? Share your experiences!