“Was pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien New Orleans

You added Le Meridien New Orleans to your Saves list
Le Meridien New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #114 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Baltimore, Maryland
“Was pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the W New Orleans on Poydras as part of a Package I booked through Southwest Vacations 07/11/13-07/13/13. Some of my friends had stayed there last year and liked the hotel and the location. So I booked based on their recommendation. A few weeks before our trip I came across the reviews from my TA family and became concerned about our accommodations. After reading reviews dating back to Dec 2012 I was concerned enough to call the hotel and express my concern about the cleanliness of the rooms. I was assured my room would be clean. Upon arrival I experienced the same friendly service so many of you wrote about &..tada a clean room. If I want to be picky I could whine about the room size or rough towels. But really people, I need a clean comfortable room to grab some shut eye after hanging in the quarter. This I got. Location is great. Property had the little nuances that you would expect from the W.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
whotelsnola, Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hello TDS611 -

We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear that overall, everything went well with your stay at W New Orleans. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and personalized experiences for our guests so I'm happy that our staff was able to accommodate your needs and requests. You're an important guest to us and we hope to welcome you back again soon. If there's anything that we can do for you now or in the future, please contact us at wnocservice@whotels.com.

All the best,
Thomas Pavlik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Looks: Everything looks good, but lacks comfort. Lobby has one hard small couch pushed into a cornwe. The bar has a very cool laquered picnic bench. Who wants to sit at a picnic bench? The room has a huge desk taking up a whole wall with TV over it. This means no drawers if you want to unpack. Teeny closet. NO outlets by desk because all was hard-wired. This meant charging laptop and phone balanced on the toilet in bathroom. Desk is black, walls are very dark gray, lighting poor. Throw something dark on the furniture and then lose it. Coffee maker did not work.

Staff: Good: Concierge was great with restaurant suggestions and great places for music. Really knew the city. Acura experience was a nice ride with a very friendly driver.
Not so good: We told the pleasant check-in guy, Steve, that it was our 30th anniversary. We were not looking for freebies, but nothing, really? We had recently been to Le Meridien in Budapest for my birthday. They not only up-graded the room, they sent up birthday cake and champagne! A simple note from manager might have been nice.
A room that actually thought of traveller's needs would be even better.
Was it awful? No. Would I recommend it or ever stay there again? No

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello rbodner890 -

Thank you for choosing W New Orleans on your recent visit to the city and for sharing feedback about your experience. First, let me say happy belated anniversary. Thirty years of marriage is a wonderful reason to celebrate. We do like to treat our guests with unexpected surprises - especially for special occasions, so please let me apologize that no one acknowledged it. I appreciate the kind words you shared about our concierge and the Acura experience as well as your thoughts about the Living Room and guest room decor. Feedback from our guests is how we improve our service and our hotel. We hope that you'll reconsider staying with us in the future as we'd love to show you a flawless experience from start to finish. If there's anything that we can do for you in the meantime, please contact us at wnocservice@whotels.com.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the W New Orleans on Poydras for three nights in mid July, 2013, and was underwhelmed by the experience. The staff were very nice, and the location was convenient. However, the hotel seemed frayed around the edges. There were visible stains on the carpet and chairs. The TV remote, iron, and ironing board were all broken and had to be replaced. In addition, the level of noise both inside and outside of the hotel was unacceptable. We were able to clearly hear both phone conversations and normal speaking voices in the adjacent room. Finally, a hotel-organized party of some sort on the pool desk played techno music loudly enough to disturb our nap on the 11th floor. I give this hotel 3 stars for the staff, price (we had a rate deal), and convenient location. Had I been paying full price I would have been greatly disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello wallace63 -

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay at W New Orleans. I'm sorry to hear that you had some challenges with your stay regarding the guest room and overall W experience. I'd love to find out what room you were staying in if you can email me at wnocservice@whotels.com. Our hotel should go through a renovation next year, but I'd like to see if there are any improvements that we can make to the room in the meantime so the next guest doesn't face the same issues. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences including the noise level at the pool. The program is supposed to be a benefit for guests, not detract from your experience so we will speak with our team about monitoring the sound level more closely. We would love to welcome you back in the future to show you a different experience. If there's anything that we can do for you, please let us know.

Addison, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This W is always going to be my first choice W anytime I'm in NOLA. The staff was super nice and friendly. Usually W's are pretentious and I experienced that in South Beach. This W made up for any bad experience I had in the past. I loved the location, It's a few blocks to the quarters, walk to the trolley, and near the River.

Room Tip: Definitely take advantage of the Gym and pool Area. The higher the floor the less the outside noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello ManaaMana -

Thank you for choosing W New Orleans. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay and that our staff really made a great impression on you. We appreciate the recommendation to other travelers and can't wait to see you again.

Middletown, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed six days at the W from 7/3 to 7/9 very disappointed. My room was 1105 and this hotel is a party hotel. Doors constantly banging noise in the hallways from guests and you could actually hear the music as the walls are very thin. I was appalled at having to line up to get into my room due to them opening up the hotel to the public with the free DJ. My response was are you serious the majority of the people here in the hotel weren't guests so why were they giving carte blanche all over the hotel. The entire weekend people all over the lobby. The music was so loud several times I couldn't even speak to the concierge or staff without yelling. The rooms are also very small not luxurious or special for a W. Several times during my stay I had to call for towels and toiletries. The staff is very nice they tried their best with a difficult situation. The Acura car was a plus the driver was very nice and hospitable. The W needs to decide if they want to be upscale and cater to their guests or they just want to capture as much money as they can for the Essence weekend by any means possible.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello cscott -

We appreciate the feedback you provided about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory during Essence weekend. We're always looking for ways to improve on the service we provide and look to our guests for feedback on when we get it right and where we have opportunities for improvement. Essence is an extremely busy weekend in the city, which can create challenges in terms of operations as the public spaces at the hotel tend to be a lot busier than normal and we always have a full house. Procedures that we put in place were not meant to be a nuisance for you, but were to help maintain the operations, so we do apologize if anything was inconvenient. You are an important guest to us so we will definitely take your comments into consideration as we plan for next year. We hope that we can welcome you back again to show you a different experience from start to finish.

All the best,
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently completed a business trip from New Orleans and stayed at the W Hotel. As a Starwood Rewards customer I expect a certain level of service when I visit the hotels. The W fit the bill once again.

Special kudos to Krysal Bell who assisted me and provided a smile everytime I had a problem. Customer service like that needs to be recognized and rewarded...

Whatever, whenever :)

R Carson
CDC - Atlanta

Room Tip: Ask for a King sized bed if possible The Bathrooms are not as swank I normally expect at the W
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello Reggie C -

We appreciate your business as a loyal Starwood guest and are happy to hear that we lived up to your expectations during your recent business trip. We work hard to pay attention to our guests' needs and provide exceptional customer service. It's nice to get positive feedback so we can recognize our staff for their great work. We hope to welcome you back again soon to W New Orleans.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We've stayed at the W Hotel on Poydras a number of times. Great rooms. Great location, only about 3 blocks from the French Quarter and directly across from Harrah's casino. Staff are very friendly as well. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello rwoehst -

Thank you for your continued loyalty to W New Orleans. We love it when past guests return to see us again. Thank you for taking the time to share such nice feedback about your stay on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Thomas Pavlik

Been to Le Meridien New Orleans? Share your experiences!