“What is it about W Hotels and bachelorette parties?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel New Orleans Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hotel New Orleans Downtown to your Saves list
Hotel New Orleans Downtown
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly W New Orleans)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #113 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Austin, Texas
“What is it about W Hotels and bachelorette parties?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Was recently In New Orleans for the NOLA Food Festival and stayed at the W on Poydras.I'm not sure why but it seems every time I've stayed at a W Hotel there have been multiple bachelorette parties going on. What's up with that? I don't really mind having intoxicated young women around but standing in the halls chatting away at 3:00 am? Go in your room at least! Hotel's modern design already feels faded and worn. on a bright note the staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WFrenchQuarter, General Manager at Hotel New Orleans Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello Brad B -

Thank you for staying at W New Orleans and for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay with us. We love to have groups of any kind at our hotel, but do apologize if the noise in the hallway was an inconvenience at 3am as I agree that's extremely late. I'm glad that our staff was very friendly and accommodating though. We'd love to have you with us again to show you a great experience from start to finish. If there's anything that we can do in the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know.

1,149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough of the hotel staff, from valet to the front desk staff. They are amazing - very friendly, kind and gracious. The location was great for us - a short walk from the French quarter and river walk. The gym and pool are on the rooftop, and both are fantastic. The rooms are ok - they could use some updates, compared with other W hotels, but you will still sleep comfortably.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at Hotel New Orleans Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello Stephanie B -

Thank you for choosing W New Orleans and for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay. We appreciate the nice compliments and can't wait to welcome you back the next time you're visiting New Orleans!

Warmest regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My fiance and I decided to take a spontaneous little trip to New Orleans and we could not have picked better days to visit! Without us knowing, the French Quarter Festival was in town and we were able to see the best New Orleans had to offer. The best New Orleans has to offer first and foremost begins where we stayed, the W Hotel. This SPG property was beautiful, modern, and full of energy. Its location was a gem. The W is right across the street from Harrah's Casino (which was always a nice way to end a night of dinner, dancing, and partying) and short walking distance from the major areas of the French Quarter (Canal Street, Bourbon, Royal, Jackson Square). We really appreciated the walking after eating all that delicious food Nawlins' provides! The room was very comfortable with a nice view of the City including the MB Superdome right down the street. The bed was amazing with comfy, soft sheets. The layout was very modern with beautiful colors. The room was extremely clean and provided plenty of space for us. Really, what more can one ask for? A wonderful night's sleep kept us energized for this lively, beautiful city. Now, seeing as this was our first time to NOLA, we needed someone's help deciding where to best utilize our time and maximize our experience....enter Concierge extraordinaire Travis, who led us Miami folk to the best food, best music, and best attractions in the French Quarter. I hope that he is recognized for his kindness, his wonderful personality, and his attention to detail. We would personally like to thank Travis and he is certainly the reason that when we do return to New Orleans, the W will be our hotel of choice. Overall, we had an amazing time at this property, and we loved the City of New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Alex M -

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and am thrilled that Travis had such a wonderful impact on your stay. I agree that he's a great employee and an asset to our team. We appreciate the compliments and the positive feedback. We can't wait to see you again!

New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Spent two nights at the W New Orleans after two nights at the W Westwood LA. Not even close. I checked in late on Wed night and was told no king bed but they had two queens, and i was upgraded. It was 1:30 am so I said fine. They were not Queens, more like a full size bed. Too tired to argue so I just went to bed. By the way, room was small, tight and not very clean. In am, i went to take a shower and found no shampoo or bath soap. Went to have coffee and complained after my breakfast. Told it was coming up right away. 30 min later I had my toiletries. As a platinum Starwood member, this didn't make me happy. Hotel needs a renovation, would have given it less starts if the manager and front desk person weren't very nice. Won't go back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at Hotel New Orleans Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello NY-Spartan -

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent experience with us. As a loyal Starwood member, you're an important guest to us so I'm sorry to hear that you had some challenges with your stay. If there's anything that we can do to make this right, please let us know at wnocservice@whotels.com. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to show you the experience that you deserve.

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights and have nothing but praise for a helpful and kind staff. Obviously, everything was pretty expensive but you have to expect that. The Television was pretty bad. We couldn't watch the NCAA national hampionship because the channel wasn't working anywhere inthe building so that was a bummer. Otherwise, great experience. The pool and gym are fantastic!

• Stayed April 2013
Hello TreyCortez -

We appreciate your feedback about W New Orleans and thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that the channel on your television was acting up, but I'm glad to hear that overall, you really enjoyed your stay. We hope that we can welcome you back the next time you're in New Orleans!

Warmest regards,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I misplaced my wallet while meeting friends for drinks at Whiskey Blue. Although not a guest of the hotel Security Officer Gina Quest went far beyond the call of duty to assist me in locating my items. She was attentive and caring. She kept me calm. The W is my new favorite hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello 60ryanm -

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I'm thrilled to hear that Gena was so helpful in helping to find your wallet. I know how nerve wracking that must've been. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The moment you walk in you're treated courteously. The rooms were modern, clean and had every amenity. It is located across the street from Harrah's Casino and a couple small blocks from the Riverwalk Mall. It was also within walking distance to the French Quarter.
We enjoyed our stay here and will be back again. A great value.

• Stayed March 2013
wneworleans, General Manager at Hotel New Orleans Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello Cadvise -

Thank you for staying at W New Orleans and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made such a great impression on you. We're looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm regards,
Debra Barton

Been to Hotel New Orleans Downtown? Share your experiences!