“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien New Orleans

You added Le Meridien New Orleans to your Saves list
Le Meridien New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Hotel New Orleans Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #115 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel very soon. As a SPG platinum member I was upgraded to a WOW suite on the 22nd floor. Great room with a Jacuzzi bathtub and great views of the Mississippi River. The room had a separate living area and bedroom. The bathroom amenities were upgraded Bliss products. The Internet which was free as a platinum member was very fast. The only drawback to the room was stain in the bedroom. The staff was very courteous. The location was very nice close to conference areas and close to bourbon street as well as Jackson Square. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Hello jjbawoods -

Thank you for staying at W New Orleans and for sharing feedback about your experience with us. We appreciate your loyalty to the SPG program and are glad that overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Debra Barton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The W just has a cool, sexy vibe going on that's carried throughout the bars, Living Room and guest rooms. Rooms are big time contemporary and the suites are huge! Oct was our 3rd stay here this year! All the staff is clearly service oriented...including the Bellman (Lawrence, Kevin & Tony), Travis the super helpful Concierge, Brittany the very nice (hot) bartender, and Joseph's Whatever/Whenever welcome staff....you ask for it - they make it happen, period. And having the Acura available to shuttle guests around is a nice touch I don't experience with other chains. Conveniently located near the casinos AND downtown. It doesn't get any better. We're already booked to return in the spring!

Room Tip: A martini (or several) in the Living Room is a must!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Bill G -

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your recent stay at W New Orleans! We appreciate the nice comments about our hotel and our talent and thank you for your continued loyalty to us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip! Please let us know if there' s anything we can do for you now or in the future. We're here 24/7. Whatever you need.

Fort Collins, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I never write reviews but just had to after such a bad experience. This hotel is one of the worst I've stayed at and I don't typically stay at expensive hotels. My wife and I were staying at the Hilton Riverside (just down the block), right before switching to this hotel. I was there for a company trip and they booked the W, hence the hotel change. The Hilton was very nice and clean... a 4.5 star rating. The W was a major letdown.

Staff:
The staff was very unprofessional and were talking about their personal lives every time I was at the front desk. I also had to wait for ~10 minutes to speak with a member of the staff at the front counter while she casually chatted with two friends.

Room Cleaning:
Overall the room was very dingy and a lot of items had dust on them. Overall the room just gave me a grimy feeling.

We got back to our room at 5:30pm after a day in the city and our room had not been cleaned. We called the front desk and they informed us that they clean rooms up until 6:00pm. I don't recall ever staying at a hotel where they clean the room that late. They showed up at 5:50pm to clean.

Room Service/Food:
Ordered room service multiple times and wish we hadn't. Each time the food was really bland and the shrimp po-boy made my wife sick.

Bathroom:
The bathroom seemed fine although it was a little grimy and not nearly as clean as the Hilton. On the final day there I was showering and after I finished and pulled back the shower curtain, there was a massive cockroach on the other side... gross! Thank goodness it was the day I was checking out. The thought of staying another night or eating any more food at that hotel disgusted me.

The one redeeming quality of the room was the bed. It was very comfortable and, on the whole, I slept well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Ontheroadagain935 -

Thank you for posting feedback about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you faced during your recent stay with us. Your comments are important to us as it helps us to improve our services and our facility. If there's anything we can do to turn your experience around, please don't hesitate to contact me at wnocservice@whotels.com.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Me and 5 of my girlfriends stayed here in July and had a blast! We shared two rooms that were connected and got a room on the top floor. This is a fun, trendy hotel which I would recommend for young people looking for a fun weekend.

The rooms are a bit small, but they have good amenities, and since we were only really in the room to sleep it was not a problem.

I think the staff is the big asset to this hotel. Travis at the concierge helped us pick a good boat tour and Paul, the Acura Experience Driver was always there to drop us off wherever we wanted (in a 10 mile radius). This saved us a bunch on cabs as this hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from the heart of the French Quarter. He also gave us good tips on where to eat and what to order (which was a big focus of our trip).

The Pool is small but not crowded when we went so it was nice to relax and unwind from a long day of walking around.

I recommend this hotel if you want to stay away from the noise of the French Quarter but still stay in style.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Terpchica3 -

Thank you so much for choosing W New Orleans on your recent girls trip and for sharing feedback about your experience with us! We appreciate the kind words about our staff. I'll be sure to pass them along! Check out our Girls Getaway package on our Special Offers Page on our website the next time you're planning a Girls trip to the Big Easy and let us spice things up for you!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Warm regards,
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Recently stayed here for a family trip. Casino sits directly across the street and it is a short walk to Bourbon street. While we were there the brewery across the street tapped a new keg and we drank for free for a few hours. The rooms were always cleaned and prepped when we returned from a day of touring. When we requested wheelchairs for my parents, the front desk took care of it. We have visited New Orleans before, this hotel is in a great location and has a few awesome amenities for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at Le Meridien New Orleans, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Hello Iowalowa4Vacations,
Thank you for sharing your review! It sounds like you a had a true New Orleans experience from testing your luck at Harrahs to retreating W guestroom. I am thrilled you enjoyed exploring our neighborhood, and we would love to welcome you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Customer service was excellent. Colleen, at the front desk, was a pleasure. She is definitely an asset to the hotel!! However, I expected a little more cleanliness. Overall, it was a pretty good stay, thanks to Colleen!!

• Stayed August 2012
Hello Kauwana,
thank you for sharing your review! It's always a pleasure hearing from our guests, but what means the most are compliments to our Talent! I am thrilled to hear that our Welcome Agent Colleen left a wonderful impression on you, and we'd love to welcome you back soon.
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had a very bad experience at the W, from the desk clerk who carried on a conversation with her co-worker while she checked me in, to the noise in the room and the lack of cold water in the bathroom sink. The rooms were very dusty, the bathroom has chipped tiles and paint splatters on the counter and its obvious the rooms are old and have inadequate soundproofing. The walls were so thin that I ran to answer the phone only to discover that it was ringing in another room. The street noise on the 8th floor was unbearable - ask for a high floor. Overall, for the $300 per night price, I was extremely unhappy with this hotel. I did address my concerns with management when I checked out and they were concerned and said I should have informed them sooner.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor, corner rooms are very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hello SupermomNewYork,
thank you for letting me know about your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback, it has helped me identify areas that need improvement. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations, please email me at wnocservice@whotels.com if I can provide you with any additional inforamtion.
Debra Barton

Been to Le Meridien New Orleans? Share your experiences!