“Great customer service in the center of the French Quarter” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #81 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great customer service in the center of the French Quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Wonderful hotel stay. Our room was available early and Shawn at the front desk gave us some drink vouchers for being W Hotel regulars. There were a few small things wrong with the room, but they were quickly fixed. Great teamwork.

When we left to explore every morning, we checked in with the valet staff to make sure we were going to the best places for food / drink. They knew the city and didn't have to fake loving the city. Everyone seemed like they were having fun while being professional and courteous.

A big thanks to Raheem Sims for the indespensible advice and all the cabs he called for us during our stay. It was nice to be welcomed back by the crew at the end of a long night.

One of the many reason to keep coming back to the W hotel. Thanks!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed in the French Quarter for 3 days and had a great stay at the W. Every staff member we encountered was great, but especially Quentin. Always happy, friendly and helpful. He acted as our concierge at times recommending places to eat, etc., as we came and went. He definitely went above and beyind for us. The location is fantastic, and the rooms are great. We ended up leaving our air running all night because the white noise blocked out sounds from the hall and the street.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I have always enjoyed our stays at the French Quarter W hotel because of the great location and great service. This past trip we experienced someone who went above and beyond any great service we have experienced in the past.

The W concierge Elijah Bradshaw helped to make this our best trip to NOLA ever! When the reservations we had made from home weeks earlier were canceled we were certain we wouldn't get anywhere especially since in was during the French Quarter Fest.

Elijah came through for us in a big way getting us hooked up literally "last minute" with reservations at an amazing restaurant! When we were looking for a great night spot that wasn't a typical tourist joint he came through again.

If you want to experience the best NOLA has to offer and not just the typical touristy stuff, book a room at the W and talk to Elijah!

Great Hotel, amazing service!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Dale B -

Thank you for your continued loyalty to W French Quarter and for sharing such nice feedback about your recent stay with other travelers. I'm so happy to read that Elijah was able to come through for you and that you really enjoyed your excursions in the city. It makes our staff feel good to know that they were able to leave a positive, lasting impression with our guests so we appreciate you taking the time to compliment Elijah. I'll be sure that he sees this. We can't wait to see you again the next time you're traveling this way.

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was expecting the typical experience I have enjoyed at other W hotels - but wow was this a disappointment.
Room not available until 4pm on the day of check-in, room very dirty upon check-in (blood on some linen), really noisy rooms (can easily hear hallway and street noise) and the food quality of the restaurant was ordinary at best.
We ended up changing hotels and enjoyed a better experience for under half the price.
Never again....

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello BH752015 -

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm disappointed to read about the issues you experienced with your guestroom and that overall, you weren't satisfied with your stay. Please accept my apology as this is not how we want our guests to feel when they're with us. I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in New Orleans and if you'd ever consider staying with us again, I'd love to see what we can do to turn your opinion around. Please feel free to email us any time at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Pros:

Great location - the location couldn't be better. Close to Canal, Royal, And Bourbon Streets, plus the River front.
Staff - very friendly and helpful, everyone smiled and said Hello when they saw guests.
Courtyard - great place to relax in the morning with a cup of coffee or in the afternoon after a busy day of walking/sightseeing.

Cons:

Bathroom door - frosted glass. Would have been okay if just my husband and I, but we were with our two teen daughters. They felt uncomfortable of the thought of silhouettes being seen through the door. A folded up sheet fixed this. The other thing is the door made a loud squeaky noise when opened. We stopped by the first day and had maintenance up to fix it. It was quiet for a day, then started up again. Woke everyone up every time the door was opened.
Lack of space - we rarely use housekeeping while on vacation. I like the SPG Greenchoice which allows to earn extra points by foregoing housekeeping. But there was no place to hang up towels (only one hook in the bathroom) to dry between uses. I stopped by the first day and cancelled the Greenchoice option.
Bathroom counter - mainly my husbands con. The bathroom counter is knee height.

If we return to New Orleans again, we won't stay as a family, but would return if it was just my husband and I.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hello Emily408 -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor about your stay for other travelers. I'm happy to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I do apologize for the squeaky bathroom door and hope that you were able to let our Welcome Office know that the problem returned so we could resolve it for you again. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back the next time you're looking to get away as a couple. If there's anything that we can do to make your weekend more spectacular, please let us know as we'll be happy to help.

Mansfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm a frequent business traveler, so generally battle-hardened to anything one might encounter over a multi-day stay. That said, my recent visit to this property (4 nights for leisure) was one of my most disappointing in memory.

First, the good: W Hotels are uniformly nice properties, and this was no exception. Great French Quarter location within walking distance of everything; beautiful pool area, with shade and cabanas for lounging; rooms are well furnished, albeit a bit small.

Now, the bad:

1) I'm an SPG preferred member and accustomed to an early check-in. Upon arriving at 3:30pm (after the normal advertised check-in time), we were told the room wasn't ready... and weren't able to ultimately check-in until after 5pm. Frustrating, but I guess it happens. OK.

2) Housekeeping came maddeningly late... like after 4pm. So if you're like us, you spend the day out touring, come back to the room to freshen up before happy hour (passing trays with the previous nights' room service still festering in the hallway), only to then have to either vacate the premises or bypass cleaning altogether. I've honestly never encountered that before.

3) Front desk: There was seemingly just one person on duty at any give. Time, which meant waiting in line for 10min+ for even the simplest of requests (e.g., a map)

4) Promotional offer: I reserved my room directly via SPG to take advantage of an offer for a free bottle of champagne with my room, plus a $50 restaurant credit. Not only was the champagne not available upon our (late) arrival, but we had to request 3x before it was delivered... two days later. I also had to ask 2x for the $50 credit to be reflected on my folio.

5) Our room cards stopped working before check-out, which is normally no big deal... but for #3 above. Took the desk ~15min to remedy.

6) The city sanctioned cab the front desk called for us (advertised to accept credit cards) could not take a card when we were dropped off at the airport... so the cabbie sent me to chase down an ATM in the terminal. So pleasant.

I don't take the decision to leave a bad review here lightly. However, I do believe crowd-sourcing empowers consumers to make better decisions, and is an invaluable asset for people who want to be smart about how they spend hard-earned discretionary income.

Bottom line: The staff was somewhere between incompetent and indifferent, and it put a real damper on our vacation as a whole. You can stay almost anywhere in the city for the ~$250/night this property commands - I can't in good conscience not share what a raw deal we felt like we received.

Hello Steve M -

First, please let me apologize for the challenges you experienced while you were with us. This is not how we want our guests to feel when they leave and I am sorry that we weren't able to leave a better impression on you. We truly appreciate your feedback though as we are always looking for ways that we can improve in an effort to provide better service for our guests. As a frequent traveler, your opinion is important to us. If there's anything that we can do to make this right, please email us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. We would love the opportunity to show you the type of experience I know we're capable of providing the next time you're in New Orleans.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The W French Quarter is amazing! It was our first time coming to NO and we wanted to stay in the french quarter so we could be walking distance to everything. This hotel is in the perfect location, very quiet street with lots of little shops to go thru and your only 2 blocks from bourbon and royal street that has all the bars and cafes but far enough so you don't hear the partying. The rooms are very clean and modern. The Sobou Bar on the main floor has excellent food ( try the gumbo), and has one of the cheaper breakfasts in the French quarter. A major plus with this hotel is the courtyard; after a long day of walking, shopping and eating me and my friend wanted to catch some sun and relax, the courtyard was perfect. It has lounge chairs and pillows everywhere, and the pool was very refreshing after a long day. Thank you to all the staff at the W, you made the trip better then I could have wished for :)

Room Tip: Pick a courtyard view