“Great Hotel! Amazing guest services!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #84 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Hotel! Amazing guest services!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I have always enjoyed our stays at the French Quarter W hotel because of the great location and great service. This past trip we experienced someone who went above and beyond any great service we have experienced in the past.

The W concierge Elijah Bradshaw helped to make this our best trip to NOLA ever! When the reservations we had made from home weeks earlier were canceled we were certain we wouldn't get anywhere especially since in was during the French Quarter Fest.

Elijah came through for us in a big way getting us hooked up literally "last minute" with reservations at an amazing restaurant! When we were looking for a great night spot that wasn't a typical tourist joint he came through again.

If you want to experience the best NOLA has to offer and not just the typical touristy stuff, book a room at the W and talk to Elijah!

Great Hotel, amazing service!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hello Dale B -

Thank you for your continued loyalty to W French Quarter and for sharing such nice feedback about your recent stay with other travelers. I'm so happy to read that Elijah was able to come through for you and that you really enjoyed your excursions in the city. It makes our staff feel good to know that they were able to leave a positive, lasting impression with our guests so we appreciate you taking the time to compliment Elijah. I'll be sure that he sees this. We can't wait to see you again the next time you're traveling this way.

James Wroblewski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was expecting the typical experience I have enjoyed at other W hotels - but wow was this a disappointment.
Room not available until 4pm on the day of check-in, room very dirty upon check-in (blood on some linen), really noisy rooms (can easily hear hallway and street noise) and the food quality of the restaurant was ordinary at best.
We ended up changing hotels and enjoyed a better experience for under half the price.
Never again....

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello BH752015 -

Thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm disappointed to read about the issues you experienced with your guestroom and that overall, you weren't satisfied with your stay. Please accept my apology as this is not how we want our guests to feel when they're with us. I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in New Orleans and if you'd ever consider staying with us again, I'd love to see what we can do to turn your opinion around. Please feel free to email us any time at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Pros:

Great location - the location couldn't be better. Close to Canal, Royal, And Bourbon Streets, plus the River front.
Staff - very friendly and helpful, everyone smiled and said Hello when they saw guests.
Courtyard - great place to relax in the morning with a cup of coffee or in the afternoon after a busy day of walking/sightseeing.

Cons:

Bathroom door - frosted glass. Would have been okay if just my husband and I, but we were with our two teen daughters. They felt uncomfortable of the thought of silhouettes being seen through the door. A folded up sheet fixed this. The other thing is the door made a loud squeaky noise when opened. We stopped by the first day and had maintenance up to fix it. It was quiet for a day, then started up again. Woke everyone up every time the door was opened.
Lack of space - we rarely use housekeeping while on vacation. I like the SPG Greenchoice which allows to earn extra points by foregoing housekeeping. But there was no place to hang up towels (only one hook in the bathroom) to dry between uses. I stopped by the first day and cancelled the Greenchoice option.
Bathroom counter - mainly my husbands con. The bathroom counter is knee height.

If we return to New Orleans again, we won't stay as a family, but would return if it was just my husband and I.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hello Emily408 -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter and for leaving a review on TripAdvisor about your stay for other travelers. I'm happy to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I do apologize for the squeaky bathroom door and hope that you were able to let our Welcome Office know that the problem returned so we could resolve it for you again. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back the next time you're looking to get away as a couple. If there's anything that we can do to make your weekend more spectacular, please let us know as we'll be happy to help.

Mansfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm a frequent business traveler, so generally battle-hardened to anything one might encounter over a multi-day stay. That said, my recent visit to this property (4 nights for leisure) was one of my most disappointing in memory.

First, the good: W Hotels are uniformly nice properties, and this was no exception. Great French Quarter location within walking distance of everything; beautiful pool area, with shade and cabanas for lounging; rooms are well furnished, albeit a bit small.

Now, the bad:

1) I'm an SPG preferred member and accustomed to an early check-in. Upon arriving at 3:30pm (after the normal advertised check-in time), we were told the room wasn't ready... and weren't able to ultimately check-in until after 5pm. Frustrating, but I guess it happens. OK.

2) Housekeeping came maddeningly late... like after 4pm. So if you're like us, you spend the day out touring, come back to the room to freshen up before happy hour (passing trays with the previous nights' room service still festering in the hallway), only to then have to either vacate the premises or bypass cleaning altogether. I've honestly never encountered that before.

3) Front desk: There was seemingly just one person on duty at any give. Time, which meant waiting in line for 10min+ for even the simplest of requests (e.g., a map)

4) Promotional offer: I reserved my room directly via SPG to take advantage of an offer for a free bottle of champagne with my room, plus a $50 restaurant credit. Not only was the champagne not available upon our (late) arrival, but we had to request 3x before it was delivered... two days later. I also had to ask 2x for the $50 credit to be reflected on my folio.

5) Our room cards stopped working before check-out, which is normally no big deal... but for #3 above. Took the desk ~15min to remedy.

6) The city sanctioned cab the front desk called for us (advertised to accept credit cards) could not take a card when we were dropped off at the airport... so the cabbie sent me to chase down an ATM in the terminal. So pleasant.

I don't take the decision to leave a bad review here lightly. However, I do believe crowd-sourcing empowers consumers to make better decisions, and is an invaluable asset for people who want to be smart about how they spend hard-earned discretionary income.

Bottom line: The staff was somewhere between incompetent and indifferent, and it put a real damper on our vacation as a whole. You can stay almost anywhere in the city for the ~$250/night this property commands - I can't in good conscience not share what a raw deal we felt like we received.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Steve M -

First, please let me apologize for the challenges you experienced while you were with us. This is not how we want our guests to feel when they leave and I am sorry that we weren't able to leave a better impression on you. We truly appreciate your feedback though as we are always looking for ways that we can improve in an effort to provide better service for our guests. As a frequent traveler, your opinion is important to us. If there's anything that we can do to make this right, please email us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. We would love the opportunity to show you the type of experience I know we're capable of providing the next time you're in New Orleans.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The W French Quarter is amazing! It was our first time coming to NO and we wanted to stay in the french quarter so we could be walking distance to everything. This hotel is in the perfect location, very quiet street with lots of little shops to go thru and your only 2 blocks from bourbon and royal street that has all the bars and cafes but far enough so you don't hear the partying. The rooms are very clean and modern. The Sobou Bar on the main floor has excellent food ( try the gumbo), and has one of the cheaper breakfasts in the French quarter. A major plus with this hotel is the courtyard; after a long day of walking, shopping and eating me and my friend wanted to catch some sun and relax, the courtyard was perfect. It has lounge chairs and pillows everywhere, and the pool was very refreshing after a long day. Thank you to all the staff at the W, you made the trip better then I could have wished for :)

Room Tip: Pick a courtyard view
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Hello Chelsey G -

Thank you so much for the glowing review of W French Quarter. We appreciate your business and you taking the time to share your feedback with other travelers. I'm pleased to hear that the hotel was perfect for your needs and really made your trip even better! We hope to see you again soon!

Hof, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

On checkin, the bags did not arrive in the room. Only after several calls, they were delivered about one hour after checkin. The breakfast was really flawed: Of the six days we stayed, one day there was no orange juice, one day there was no granola, one day there was no cappucino but only simple coffee. One day, we had to wait for an hour from the day breakfast was ordered until it was served. The ash container, which was put on the street at the hotel entrance, was overflowing and not emptied for the whole week.. On the first day, the room was not cleaned yet at 4pm, and only after several calls it was cleaned. The whole hotel appeared unorganized.

Room Tip: rooms towards the inner court are quieter
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Hello Jakob G -

Please accept my apology for the challenges that you experienced with the restaurant and your guestroom during your stay. I assure you that is not how we want our guests to feel when they leave and appreciate the feedback as it helps us to improve on the service that we provide. If there's anything that we can do to turn your opinion around, please reach out to us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We'd love the opportunity to show you a different experience the next time you're in New Orleans.

All the best,
Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had booked 6 nights at the W French Quarter from March 26th - March 28th, spend 2 nights in Memphis an headed bach to the W on March 30th before getting back to Europe on April 2nd.

When first arriving at the Hotel, trouble with our booking was quickly solved by the nice, polite, professionnal receptionnist and we were given room 323 with view on a wall. The room was quiet and clean - this is all I can say. I was charged 15 $ a night for Wifi and 46 $ for valet parking, Tax & Tip excluded.

As soon as we got to the room, we were followed by the mini-bar-operator who entered the room, made a meticulous inventory of the bar while we were waiting fotr her to leave an finally have a shower. Same operation followed the other days just up to the day we decided to put the "not disturb panel" out. This should incite the management to abort such practices, as the lady even had suspicions on our use of the minibar, what was'nt the case.

Nevermind, we had a good stay et the Hotel. I even used the pool area, quite uncommon to fin in a larger city an I have to admis that our stay was really quiet.

We also had breakfast once at the Hotel ownded "Sobou", but preferred going out for breakfast as I simply do not want to pay over 50 $ for coffee served in a Starbuckslike-Paper-Cup. The young man serving breakfast seemed a little lost, but was very polite.

As we left for Memphis, I informed the reception of my retunr in 2 days, hoping the best for a better room...... I even dropped a call in the morning an informed of our arrival around 5 PM. We arrived and I had the clear impression of never havind stayed at this Hotel and of never havind placed a call.

We were assigned a first room . more than small and making it impossible for us to unpack a pack our 3 luggage cases, used for a one-month-trip in the States. Next room we git was the 321 - view on a wall - a real one - but sligly larger. We finally accepted. The nice receptionnist Amber Nicole offered me free wifi for registering as Starwoord Preferred Guest. I did it and savec 14 x 3 = 42 $.

The Hotel is very modern an stylish. Warmth only comes from the guys assuming valet parking. The are nice, heartful and do a great job - maybe is this in relation with a good tip.

Another reviewer wrote "who had the most personality of all staff members. They were down to earth and answered questions for us faster than the front desk or concierge." This brings it to the point.

Nevermind - we passed these 3 further days in New Orleans, using the Hotel for what it is - a place to sleep - nothing more. Changing the elevator carpets thrice a day from good morning, via good afternoon to good evening.

The location of the Hotel is perfect for visiting the French Quarter. Although this part of the City is very noisy, Hotel is very quiet - except for some uneducated children running around a crying one day.

I don't think there will be a second stay in New Orleans.

If there is one - I will choose another hotel.

The W is not bad but i miss a lot i cannot describe - maybe is it the "cold" "unpersonal" athmosphere.

Room Tip: avoid rooms ()21 and (23) - no view at all an directly on a wall
Green Features: ... I'll miss the nice guys from the valet parking service. The should word for the Waldorf Astoria where personal service, kindliness and politeness are requirements and where Tips should be much higher ;-)
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Jake_Worf -

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback about your recent stay with us. I see that you are well-traveled so I do appreciate your point of view as to how we can improve the level of service that we provide. Our goal is to go above and beyond for each guest, creating a personalized experience, so I hope that you will accept my apologies if we missed the mark during your stay. I'm happy to hear that our Wheels valet team was so friendly and made a positive, lasting impression on you. If you do find yourself traveling back to the states, we would love the opportunity to show you a different experience. If there's anything that we can do for you in the meantime, please let us know.

Thank you again for your thoughts and your time.

All the best,
James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!