“Absolutely in love with the place and will never stay anyplace else” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W New Orleans - French Quarter

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #80 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
San Antonio, Texas
“Absolutely in love with the place and will never stay anyplace else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is the perfect hotel if you want to be in the French Quarter, but you don't want to be on Bourbon Street. I was in the Carriage House here with my son, who was 7 and we didn't want to leave! Kudos to the young man who assisted us at the front desk 12/20. He was absolutely wonderful in assisting us in the room as well as giving us tour information. The room was gorgeous, the staff fantastic and the location unbeatable... Thanks for a great stay!

Green Features: They have the make a green choice option. If you want to, you tell them at the front desk that you don't need your room serviced and they won't do it... it's that easy.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a great room with a balcony overlooking conti street. I love the french doors and being from Chicago the sunny days in November were fabulous. It is a great location walking distance to several restaurants, shops, and the square. At first I was not a big fan that the rooms were not connected to the hotel lobby but I grew fond of walking through the square to get to my room. The front desk was very helpful!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location in a French Quarter. great rooms, very comfy. Bathrooms a bit small if have family or multiple people trying to get ready. Fitness center decent and open 24 hours. SoBou restaurant and bar is in the hotel -- very good. Internet is expensive -- $15 day

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We have stayed here at least four times in the last four years.

Sadly, what was once a small well run 4 star hotel is tired and old with service that's not even close to a three star hotel.

We traveled from New York and arrived late. I called earlier in the day the same day to let them know we'd be checking in late and to hold our reserved room for us.

Importantly, I mentioned my partner had had a stroke and that we needed things to be easy access. Please note he is a dance instructor, yoga instructor who is the portrait of health....not someone you'd expect to have a stroke.

The male receptionist who answered said yes the room would be saved and noted our late arrival time in the system.

On checking-in they said they had upgraded us to a suite -- INITIALLY a welcome surprise but SOON TO DISAPPOINT!! I learned NEVER PRE-PAY!!!!

First, it turns out the room was a larger room but with the smallest window I have every seen and no terrace per our original reservation. Also the room could have been further from the elevator as possible which was not very helpful for my partner who post stroke -- just to be fair he is a dance and yoga teacher hit with something completely out of the ordinary.

Second, the room felt tired -- there were rips in the sheets (will post a pic), no bulb in the desk lamp (took two days and multiple requests for house keeping to get a bulb installed), scuffing on the walls and base boards, half a TP roll and no back-up etc. etc. On day two we ordered room service breakfast for two, which took roughly 45 minutes to arrive (as oppose to the normal 20-30min at most hotels let alone high performance hotels) and cost at a whooping $60 dollar -- $5 tea, REALLY????

The day after we arrived I asked the front desk if they could move us to the original room level I had pre-paid for (don't pre-pay here or you'll be sad you did). They said they could offer a road side terrace room but as my partner needs his sleep due his stroke, which I made clear to staff was an issue, so this room was not an option.

Latest, today as we arrived from walking around the French Quarter we got to our room only to find the key that worked for access in the elevator did NOT work for access to the room. So I had to leave my partner on the fifth floor while I returned to Reception to get the keys re-programmed.
The reception gave me the usual "it got deactivated because you put it next to your phone or credit card".....so I let her know I spend roughly 2/3 of every month in hotels traveling on business and am WELL AWARE NOT to keep my room key near my phone or my wallet. REALLY!?!?

I must say this experience at the W French Quarter was a complete miss and one of the WORST I've had at the hotels I've stayed at over the past year.

As a senior contributor to TripAdvisor I do not recommend this property....move on and find something cleaner and better run.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having stayed in many W Hotels world wide, it's without hesitation I can say the W New Orleans French Quarter really stands out as the cutest. It's almost hard to find, though it's smack in the middle of the French Quarter.

I was a bit disappointed that my "Spectacular" room was extremely dark with a microscopic window facing a side street, so I would recommend you book either a main street or garden view in advance. Despite elite status there was no alternative.

The hotel truly has a boutique kind of feel. The garden is small and so is the pool, but it's all in proportion to the number of rooms.

Keep in mind that in July the Big Easy is really unbearable when it comes to heat and humidity. Every indoor space in the W was chilled to the bone, a very welcome luxury if you're not used to this.

The room was a disappointment, but the hotel as a whole is a really nice addition to the W chain.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a view. Even my two class upgraded room didn't.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
JC, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off let me start by saying I work in the Hospitality Industry - both in accounting and rooms inspection.

My family and I stayed at The W for the Halloween weekend (2 days)- upon inspecting our room we saw a big dark stain on one of the mattresses (double room). We lifted the covers and the bed sheets to find out mattress had urine and blood stains on one of the beds and the other bed had only a urine stain. We asked to be moved to a new room - myself and the night auditor (who was extremely kind) inspected 5 other rooms on various floors only to find the mattresses were in worst shape than the one in our room . All had urine stains , blood stains, hairs and one mattress even had a shoe print (looked like a boot print).

I asked to be moved to another hotel if we couldn't find a clean room - the night auditor mentioned the occupancy rate was high (92%) and the options would be limited in finding a room. Finally after 2 hours, a room was found that was clean enough to rest for the night (the mattresses weren't in too bad of shape (no stains but a long hair on sheet).

This is very shocking to find at a W? Where were these mattresses acquired? Who's inspecting the rooms and surely housekeeping must see the stains when they change the sheets - if they even change the sheets. Why wasn't this spotted no pun intended. that will be the last time we stay at this W. I hate to write negative reviews but this was a necessity. The Front Office offered to refund all the points we used for the stay.

Room Tip: Examine the mattresses for blood stains, urine stains and hair...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello seanderek -

We appreciate the feedback that you provided about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the challenges that you faced with the guestrooms as this is not the type of experience we want for our guests. We are looking into the situation with our team internally. I'm glad to hear that you found a room and that our Welcome Office was very accommodating to your needs. If you'd like to provide any further feedback, please feel free to email us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. If there's anything else that we can do to turn your experience around, please let us know.

All the best,
James Wroblewski
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here with a group of friends for a birthday. This is your typical W Hotel with a bit of New Orleans flair infused.

Pretty standard as far as rooms are concerned and not too much else to say, good or bad. Service was standard of what you would expect at a W Hotel.

Room Tip: Hopefully, you have points and can be upgraded. Rooms are a bit on the small side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!