“Great Location, Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #62 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
“Great Location, Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the W New Orleans and were very pleased with our experience. It was a combination Business and vacation trip. The location was fabulous, within walking distance to everything in the French Quarter. The staff was professional and helpful. Quentin was especially a pleasure to get to know, with his positive friendly attitude. Greeting us with “have a nice day” and “welcome back” every time. The housekeeping “styling” ladies were wonderful, friendly and more than happy to make sure we had the extra towels we asked for.
The hotel room decor is modern and trendy with unique backlighting features, not exactly to our taste but we had a large corner room with 2 queen beds and large bright windows. Beds were comfy and room was clean. My only complaint would be the lighting in the bathroom was very low but I worked around it by taking the makeup mirror out to the desk area for better light. We had a small maintenance issue with the bathroom door pull falling off but they were very quick at having it repaired for us. We also had problems with the phones, could not figure out how to call the front desk or other rooms.
The common courtyard and pool area is gorgeous and beautifully lit at night.
SoBu restaurant connected to the hotel had great food although smallish portions for the big eaters in our group.
Overall accommodations were very good and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: corner suite with 2 queen beds was large and bright, friends had a King room which was much smaller
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Oklahoma City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had suggested this hotel and then felt let down when things just seemed to not go smoothly. Really, the noise level was hard to tolerate once in our room. Conversation could be heard clearly through the walls to connecting rooms and everyone lets the main door slam shut! (An annoyance of mine). When I requested 2 extra pillows, 1 was brought to the room, along with a set of sheets. When I requested a menu for room service I finally gave up, going to the front desk myself to get what should have been in my room. One day we were missed by the housekeeping staff. This just didn't do it for me when there are other options.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Really disappointed with my stay here. Front desk staff was lackluster. Did not feel welcome nor was I thanked for my Platinum status. The next day,
no one was to be found on the front desk. Went into the restaurant attached to the hotel to order some food to go and the girl who took my order walked back to the kitchen and began cursing as she was alone working the tables. Just overall not a great vibe. Think I would have enjoyed the Westin or Sheraton.

Stayed September 2014
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The W French Quarter is located near the heart of The French Quarter, close enough to everything you want but far enough from the madness. We chose the W French Quarter based on the recommendation of our agent and really are glad we did. We are SPG customers and were told by our agent about possible SPG extra amenities/upgrades based on availability. We were having a really difficult week at home prior to our 20th anniversary (storm damage to our house) and nearly cancelled. Apparently our agent shared this info with the staff at the W. When we arrived Stacy (team leader) welcomed us with wine, a great cheese plate, an unbelievable room upgrade to an end of the hall balcony room overlooking the pool and so much kindness. The rest of the staff from the front desk to the bell/door guys to the maintenance guy were always smiling and asking if they could help with anything. We can't thank the whole staff and especially Stacy enough. They all made our 20th anniversary return trip to New Orleans as special as our original honeymoon trip. Thank you, Thank you!! DSmith.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Quentin and Janay were OUTSTANDING, helpful,friendly,warm,thoughtful,funny and genuine. They made our trip the best it could possible be. ALways offereing thoughtful advice and anticipating our every need

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First i'll start with I had two different reservation dates for my stay. The first on 9/10/14, I got to the hotel and was told I made a mistake with my reservation date and I was booked on 8/10/14 not 9/10/14 and I was charged the full price of the room as a no show and the money could not be used on the new reservation that I would have to make and did at a much higher price and there was nothing they could do, for that I give you ONE star. When I got in my higher price room it was not stocked, no ice bucket and the amenities were poor. Your outside staff were the greatest (Quentin) was most helpful. My second stay 9/16/14 was better because I knew what to expect, so I wasn't looking for something that was not there. The food a SoBou was very good. and the location was great.

Deborah

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello dps7332285,
I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with your stays with us at W French Quarter. If you would like to email me at wfqcservice@whotels.com, I will see what I can do to straighten the matter out. I would love the opportunity to show you a different W experience on your return trip to the Big Easy. Please accept my apology for the confusion, and we hope to see you again soon!
Warm regards,
James Wroblewski
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First of all let me say, I loved your hotel, I've stayed there at least four times I've came to New Orleans. I stayed at your hotel this past weekend and was very disappointed in how your management treated me on my birthday trip. My 37th birthday was 9/9/, I could've gone anywhere but I choice your hotel.
Upon arriving I prepay for the room which was a starfriend rate of $169.00 per night, because I was advised by your staff that in order to get a double bed in the room I would need to prepay ( my originally reservation was for a king). However that Thursday before arriving there was a Ms . Sharon for reservation that contacted me stating I had a prepaid room which at this point the room was already paid for.

Upon arriving my reservation was never changed to a double bed, nor did your staff understand that I was previously told this would be changed which was the point for the prepayment . Your property manager Lorenz Stattegger acted as if I was lying about the previous conversation to change the room type, I spoke with a Shelby & Elijah previously concerning the payment & bed type.

So a thin air mattresses was brought to the room for myself or guest to sleep on , unacceptable, it was my birthday weekend. However Elijah did attempted to make the situation better by sending up a bottle of wine & dessert, which made me feel somewhat better.

I contacted the front desk on the morning of the second day because my room was full of ants, so later that morning I was contact by Lorenz stating my starfriend form wasn't correct because it had W Hotel memphis instead of W Hotel French quarter, he stated I would need a new form or be charged $379 per night, never mind he didn't have an issue with the form the 1st day. Again no one ever apologize for the ants I have pictures.

At this point I had to contact my friend in memphis & have them email the new form, at this point I was given a room with two beds. However I felt disrespected because again it's my birthday & all of this drama from associates and management at your hotel.

I know that I didn't receive excellent or good service at your hotel , I was made to feel like as if I wasn't as important or didn't matter because my room was a starfriend rate, I will never stay at your hotel again because the staff is rude, unconcern , and treat the guest with less money as if they don't matter.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!