“Poor Customer relations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Chicago, Illinois
“Poor Customer relations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First i'll start with I had two different reservation dates for my stay. The first on 9/10/14, I got to the hotel and was told I made a mistake with my reservation date and I was booked on 8/10/14 not 9/10/14 and I was charged the full price of the room as a no show and the money could not be used on the new reservation that I would have to make and did at a much higher price and there was nothing they could do, for that I give you ONE star. When I got in my higher price room it was not stocked, no ice bucket and the amenities were poor. Your outside staff were the greatest (Quentin) was most helpful. My second stay 9/16/14 was better because I knew what to expect, so I wasn't looking for something that was not there. The food a SoBou was very good. and the location was great.

Deborah

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello dps7332285,
I'm sorry to hear about the confusion with your stays with us at W French Quarter. If you would like to email me at wfqcservice@whotels.com, I will see what I can do to straighten the matter out. I would love the opportunity to show you a different W experience on your return trip to the Big Easy. Please accept my apology for the confusion, and we hope to see you again soon!
James Wroblewski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Not much to say, it is what you would expect....clean, semi-friendly staff and OK amenities. Great location though! The food at SoBou is good. The pool is VERY small. If you want to be in the Quarter without being on Bourbon, this is a good spot.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi AnnapolisCouple,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter upon your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will return very soon. Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our property on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you telling us about your stay! Hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The W Hotel name comes with an expected level of service. This location falls well below this level of expectation.

#1 - the Room - When I booked my reservation I explicitly stated there would be 3 guests in the room and thus made a reservation for a room with 2 queen beds. Upon arrival we were given a king suite and were told they would bring up an air mattress. When the air mattress was delivered it was literally propped up again a wall and the bed linens left on the floor. At a W Hotel, if I am going to sleep on an air mattress, I at least expect it to be made up.

To make matters worse, the air-mattress had a hole in it. The next day it took three phone calls and two visits to the front desk to have a new air-mattress brought to our room. Stacie was somewhat helpful during our stay. After our first visit to the front desk, she sent us up a cheese plate and bottle of wine to apologize. However, she did not follow through to ensure the new air-mattress had been delivered. It took another visit to the front desk and a phone call before the new mattress arrived. Again, we had to request that it be made up and continued to have to make this request each day.

For the record, we were offered a room with two queens upon check-in. However, the staff explained they refer to the room as the "bat cave" and wouldn't recommend switching. Not an enticing alternative.

#2 - Housekeeping - Upon arrival there was no soap or conditioner for the shower. After numerous phone calls we finally had to get these for ourselves by going down to the front desk. The toilet paper and body lotion were never replenished. We also had to specifically request for more and ended up with toilet paper but no body lotion. Everyday housekeeping would only leave us two sets of towel which required us to request for an additional set of towels for the third guest.

#3 - the Staff - The staff is rude and lazy. Elijah, the hotel "Insider", actually rolled his eyes at us when we made a housekeeping request. The General Manager, Sebastian, is not empowered to do anything. In the end, he gave us $50.00 off our room bill. That small amount from a W Hotel was more insulting than anything. After receiving our bottle of wine from Stacie we requested to enjoy it in the courtyard. It took 35 minutes for the staff to bring us glasses. The only exception was Roy. He is a valet at the front of the house. He was always helpful, responsive and courteous.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Hi MJG_ATX,
I'm sorry you were disappointed in your recent stay at W French Quarter. Please accept my apology for the level of service and attentiveness you experienced while staying with us. I will make sure to relay your issues and concerns to the rest of our staff to ensure the necessary improvements are made. There is no excuse for anything other than a polite and helpful attitude. Please accept my apology that you experienced anything less that that. I can assure you we are capable of much better service. I hope you will return and give us the opportunity to show you a different W experience upon you return to New Orleans.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed at this W for 3 days in September for a girls weekend. We loved the feel of the hotel and the location is hard to beat!

Pros:

1) The staff! While everyone at the hotel was professional and helpful, we especially loved all the guys who worked outside at the main entrance. They were always quick to get taxis and had a fun positive attitude. Special shoutout to Quentin who was absolutely awesome and made our stay! He's a New Orleans native who had some great advice about places to go and see. He was also so much fun to talk to and always had a smile on his face. The "styling" crew was also very friendly and worked with our schedule.

2) The location. Walking distance from Jackson Square, Bourbon St., and many other New Orleans attractions.

3) Common areas. The decor is trendy, areas are clean, and the pool area is gorgeous!

4) SoBu. The restaurant connected to the hotel has amazing food and drinks, plus a friendly staff.

Cons

1) Guest rooms could use a renovation. We stayed in a Spectacular room, which was kept clean and had great beds but the paint was streaky and decor seemed dated .

2) This isn't really a con but if you're looking for a hotel with a classic, old school New Orleans feel, this isn't the place for you.

3) Downstairs lounge area isn't very big.

• Stayed September 2014
Hello AlainaMaiLin,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay for your girls getaway weekend! New Orleans is the perfect place for it! I will be sure to pass along your praises to our valet guys and the rest of our team. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We love hearing from our guests and are constantly looking for ways we can improve their experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back very soon.
Mahtomedi, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel. Very nice and the bar was amazing...great atmosphere."........................................................................................................................................

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hello Lauren A,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor as we love hearing from all of our guests! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to W French Quarter upon your return visit to the Big Easy very soon!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was in such a wonderful location. Less than three blocks from Bourbon Street and close to so many awesome store fronts. We had a quick and easy check in and welcome. The pool area was nice and had a cool outdoor lounge area as well. The valet team were very helpful and friendly. We booked on Hotwire which made it a quality deal on price. Will be back next year.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hello Arieshia26,
I'm so happy to hear you and your friends enjoyed your recent stay at W French Quarter! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and post a review for us on TripAdvisor. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to W French Quarter very soon.
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rude employees, a room that wasn't cleaned, and out of many things.

The front desk employees were rude and not helpful at all. The "concierge" (really just a lady who you have to find who roamed around) wasn't helpful at all and didn't follow through on either of my two requests - find shows that night or restaurant recommendations.

The room wasn't cleaned. Previous guests items were still in the mini bar with items also missing. No soap or shampoo or conditioner in the bathroom. Bringing it up to front desk she said the mini bar issue "is normal" and the shampoo problem they are low on supplies so only supplying them on demand. But then proceeded to give me 5 of each. Are they really low?

Then the wait staff who lied about not having grape or strawberry jelly for toast, only to see other wait staff bring out grape and strawberry jelly. What a small, and stupid item to have to mention an issue with. When I brought it up, she didn't even apologize and said yes I think there's a few extras I might be able to get one for you. What a joke.

The hotel pool is very, very small, with only 6 chairs. If more than 10 people are at the pool it feels very crowded. And asking staff for towels is a waste. They say ok and an hour goes by and your towel never arrives. Meanwhile you see them walk by several times.

Overall, the only positives this hotel had are the cool blue lights at the entry way and the location. The location is excellent.

Everything else was terrible, namely the staff and management.

I'd stay somewhere else in a heartbeat. Starwood should really step in here.

• Stayed August 2014
Hello verdegallardo,
Please accept my apology for your disappointment in your recent stay at W French Quarter. I can assure you that we are capable of much better quality service and there is no excuse for poor quality service. I will make sure to pass along your feedback to our team members and see that the necessary improvements are made. Again, I apologize for your experience at W French Quarter and hope you will return and give us the chance to show you a better experience.
James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!