“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We went on a girls trip to NOLA for my birthday and stayed at the W French Quarter on the 5th floor. The location is perfect! It's in the heart of everything you want to see in NOLA. The service was exceptional. They are true to their Whenever, Whatever slogan. Whatever we asked for from whoever we asked, we got it. The first and last person we saw was Ambassador Malik. He was very attentive and personable. He heard that it was my birthday and sent a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. Nice touch! He answered all of our questions, made suggestions and even mapped out our route. The room service lady was sweet. She brought us more towels and refused to take a tip. Everyone we encountered was professional, service oriented and greeted us with a genuine smile. The room was clean and faced the courtyard. It was styled (their term) a little differently. It was kind of retro and funky. Same with the hallways. They smelled really fresh all the time. The only drawback......we could have used more lighting in the room as well as the bathroom. Other than that, everything was perfect! Thank you W and Malik for making me feel as special as the day celebrated. See you next time!

Room Tip: Courtyard view
Green Features: It's great that there is no smoking on the property. There needs to be visible signs in the courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

395 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a week on my recent visit to New Orleans. The hotel has a great location, with great food and drink options all around.

Everyone there was wonderful. Check-in with Elijah was seamless despite arriving early to the hotel on a busy day. He was even happy to accommodate my request to change the room when i didn't like the view.

While I was waiting for my new room, he gave me a great idea about the city and things to do during my stay. I haven’t gone through the entire list but I’ll hold on to it for next time.

Dining at Sobou was great every time with Eunice and Trey giving me advice on what to do in the city on a daily basis (including daily specials going on around town).

My only complaint would be that housekeeping was not very consistent, but that was hardly a problem.

Will definitely stay here again if I’m in town!

Room Tip: I opted for complimentary in-room wifi as my SPG Gold amenity but that was extremely slow so I ended...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
STONEY CREEK, ONTARIO CANADA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Love this hip and trendy small W Hotel found right in the French Quarter, walking distance to the river, Bourbon Street, antique district, historical walking tours, cemeteries and shopping. I love the new age decor and the small courtyard felt very Nola, but with a modern twist. I would highly suggest staying here. Prices were amazing as well; especially for tonight packages. Great restaurants near by!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello KAYANDDEE,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at W French Quarter. We appreciate you posting a review for us on TripAdvisor, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon!
Sandy Hook, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Two streets away from Bourbon Street, lovely inner courtyard with pool and dramatic staircase, a mix of Modern Gambler decor with Old South, this hotel is a true representation of what is New Orleans. We were greeted with warm and happy hellos, they fussed over our dogs, and they took us right in... After traveling 2700 miles in a Jeep with two teenagers and two dogs, arriving at the W was like coming home, but to a grown-up home, with a pool, mini-bar, Bliss Beauty Products, Round Rain Shower, 24hr gym.... It was great. Would have gotten 5/5, but all the conv. electric charging stations and USB port were non-fuctional, so we all had to use our own chargers. The Radio did allow me to use and charge my iPhone. Accross the street from Kingfish Kitchen & Coctails - higly recc. dining & wining spot, and also around the corner from Cafe Beignet - also highly recc.

Room Tip: PET FEES - $25/night w/ a one time $100 cleaning fee - worth being in the French Quarter. PARKING...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hello Sienna01,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay with us at W French Quarter. Please accept my apology for the disturbances you experienced while staying with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to show you a better experience upon your return visit to the city. Thank you for providing us with your feedback.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I'm not yet 40 and this place made me feel old. Yes, this has nothing to do with the hotel but if you couple that with a front desk clerk who can't figure out if they have a room for you or not despite having made a reservation, Rooms that are so tiny you can't understand how they could possibly charge so much for them and loud drunk people everywhere it all equates to booking a different hotel next time.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Sienna01,
clayton Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It felt good entering the hotel and the room was uniquely decorated with a nice vibe. the courtyard and pool were fine and the restaurant SoBou was very good. Service was wonderful. i would return if i could get a bit of a better price; there is a lot of competition for a $250/ night room in that area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hello dadatwork40,
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at W French Quarter! I hope you enjoyed your time exploring the city with your friends and that you were able to find some great places! We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to New Orleans!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For a girl's weekend, this was a great location. The look of the hotel meets the high standard that I am accustomed to at W properties. The concierge was very friendly and accommodating. I arrived hours before my room was to be ready. They held my luggage and personally called me when my room was ready. We had a corner room that was a little awkward and unfortunately could hear the construction that was happening in the hotel. Good thing we didnt plan to spend much time in the room! The pool is quite small and the club/lounge seems to not be open nightly. My rating would be higher if not for the billing issue upon check-out. I do assume this is not the standard and have recommended the hotel since my stay and would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!