“Nice Vibe” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
clayton Missouri
“Nice Vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

It felt good entering the hotel and the room was uniquely decorated with a nice vibe. the courtyard and pool were fine and the restaurant SoBou was very good. Service was wonderful. i would return if i could get a bit of a better price; there is a lot of competition for a $250/ night room in that area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hello dadatwork40,
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at W French Quarter! I hope you enjoyed your time exploring the city with your friends and that you were able to find some great places! We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to New Orleans!
James Wroblewski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

For a girl's weekend, this was a great location. The look of the hotel meets the high standard that I am accustomed to at W properties. The concierge was very friendly and accommodating. I arrived hours before my room was to be ready. They held my luggage and personally called me when my room was ready. We had a corner room that was a little awkward and unfortunately could hear the construction that was happening in the hotel. Good thing we didnt plan to spend much time in the room! The pool is quite small and the club/lounge seems to not be open nightly. My rating would be higher if not for the billing issue upon check-out. I do assume this is not the standard and have recommended the hotel since my stay and would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Smith, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

They advertised free internet but failed to tell you it was worse than dial up. You could upgrade for $15.00 which I agreed to do but the provider could not ever get it to work. The staff was nice but they can only do so much. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hello kkohler103,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay at W French Quarter and that there was some miscommunication with the internet charges. I hope there is a way we can turn your experience around upon your return to New Orleans.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I am not sure this W hotel has some kind a maintenance standard level for a one of high end hotels.We stayed the most expensive room. The floor was covered with some dirt and dust, I could not take my shoes off. The shower rooms tiles was covered with pink mold, the light fixtures had some stain on it, the counter table was dusty....you know what, I spend a lot of money on this place and I had to ask the front desk to send somebody clean my room.I even wiped the table by myself. Are you serious? The room's interior, location and atmosphere were excellent ,but I consider the cleanses is the most important factor in order to stand out as a high end hotel to me anyway. Also, people at the desk especially ladies were very cold and dry attitude like almost make me hesitate to ask anything to them. I guess I have to say something good about this place,ha? I enjoyed a Jacuzzi tab a lot in a back yard which was very private. That saved me.Oh, we had a water leaking issue from the vent , the manager took care of it which was very nice and professional.I felt thankful for that. About cleanness level..... I feel like stayed 2 stars hotel. I leave a bitter comment because I expected them to be proud and keep up a s a high-end hotel.

Room Tip: Face to the pool.
Green Features: If you want them to clean your room, you can tell them so, otherwise it seems like they will not come to clean your room automatically which is reducing energy environmentally.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hello MM R -

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Please accept my apology for the service and cleanliness issues that you experienced during your stay. We do set a high standard for the service we provide and take every measure to make sure we hit that mark every time, but if we fell short, then we appreciate you making us aware. We do have a program called Make a Green Choice that seeks to reduce our carbon footprint on the environment. If you opt into this program at check-in, our Style department won't service the room unless requested; however, you are rewarded with 500 SPG points per day that you decline service. We would love the opportunity to show you a different experience on your next trip to New Orleans and turn your opinion around as you're an important guest to us.

Hoboken, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

What a bad value. My 5th floor room was like a dungeon. Very dark and beat up. The pool was dirty and there were no towels ( they were overflowing out of the dirty towel bin). My friend got stuck in the elevator and had a hard time getting a response from the call button. We were initially told there was free wifi. Not so. Someone should take a look at this property because it does not adhere to the standards I expect of a W.

• Stayed August 2014
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello Sue B,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay at W French Quarter. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as we take all feedback from our guests very seriously. We hope to have the opportunity to show you a different experience upon your return visit.
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Great place to stay, make sure to get a court yard view room. The court yard is beautiful and you can access free wifi here. The staff here are unbelievably friendly and helpful. It's literally down the street from Bourbon Street and Jackson Square; there's also a good and reasonably priced restaurant across the street.
We visited here in August 2012, unfortunately, hurricane Isaac decided to head to town. Although we had one more night left, we decided to get out of town. The front desk lady (sorry, name forgotten, was always very helpful and was again. She assured us we would be looked after if we decided to stay. We would even be moved to a high rise hotel, if flooding became an issue again. We declined, asked her to call us a cab, he took us to Louis Armstrong Airport at break neck speed (good) and although we didn't have a plane ticket until the next day, United was very helpful and spent a long time getting us home. We had to overnight in LAX before catching a flight to Denver and then home; quite an exciting end to a completely enjoyable visit to NOLA! The W on Chartres St. would be easily our first choice again!

Room Tip: Ask for court yard view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello David S,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your visit to New Orleans! I hope to see you again upon your return visit for an extended trip. Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us! We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I was in town for a few days and opted to stay here instead of the other Starwood Hotels (I'm a SPG Platinum). The check in was fairly bland; no good afternoon or small talk, straight to last name, credit card and ID...oh well I thought. I got to my room, and it was FILTHY! There was trash still on the floor and under furniture and mosquitoes everywhere (dead and alive). The internet that I paid for didn't work at all. I went back to the front desk and asked for a different room. The young lady told me that was one of the best rooms they had, but that if she put me in a different room, I'd have to pay for an upgrade. So I went back to the room, cleaned up the trash and dead insects myself, and take a shower. When I get out of the shower, and my bare feet touch the floor, I realize how dirty it really is; almost like sand was all over it. The next day I insist on a room change and ask to speak to a manager. The manager hadn't arrived yet, but I was assured someone would reach out to me later in the day. I left my information, and was never contacted. Very disappointing. For the price point, there are better options out there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Hello Bahama_Ali -

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and understand your disappointment. I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience and know that we're capable of delivering exceptional service. We haven't had mosquito problems in the rooms, so I apologize that you encountered this issue. I'd love to find out what room you were staying in so we can look into the situation further to ensure this doesn't happen again. If you can email us at wfqcservice@whotels.com, I'd appreciate it. We'd love to see if there's anything we can do to make this right as we'd love to welcome you back in the future to show you a different experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies again.

James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!