“Great location, rooms, but very noisy” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #79 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great location, rooms, but very noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This W has a great French Quarter location. Rooms are on the large side and well appointed. Great bar and bar staff. Be Aware: they start blaring music in the courtyard at 645 am every morning. This, along with staff cleaning the area while yelling out to each other makes it nearly impossible to sleep in after a typical fun night in NO, especially if you have a courtyard facing room. These rooms are great, with balconies and patio's, but you will literally be "facing the music" every morning. The music appears to be for the enjoyment of the staff, as there is no one at the pool or in the courtyard until several hours later.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hello Marystanforddc,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate it and I will pass along your comments to the rest of our staff. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in the city. We hope to see you again upon your return to New Orleans.
All the best,
James Wroblewski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have to blag 200 characters here but I just only need to mention "awesome". Great service, fantastic location, recognition of your membership status, a little pricey for relative small rooms but you take that. Did not manage to try the restaurant but will sure be doing that next time. The courtyard with heated pool is very nice to relax.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello Nicke07,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm so happy you had an awesome stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and giving us such high praises. We love hearing from our guests and I'm happy to hear when we leave a lasting positive impression. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to W French Quarter!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

It was my honey’s birthday and I wanted to do something fun for him. So we took a trip to the Big Easy. There are a ton of places to stay in New Orleans but there’s nowhere like the French Quarter. Just add the style of the W + Southern Hospitality + An Awesome Staff = A Fantastic Stay. The other reviews on Trip Advisor that I read were very mixed and many commenting on the thin walls and the noise from the pool area. I cant say we had the same experience. The hotel was sold out so I was expecting to hear a lot of noise but I didn’t really hear anything. We had a room with a balcony so we were facing the pool but again the noise was kept to a minimum. When we checked-in there was a bottle of champagne and pastries with a card saying happy birthday to my honey. We also had a chance to indulge in the Acura Experience which was really nice and saved on cab fare. Daniel drove us to a few places in the Acura and he was great. He was a safe driver and made some great recommendations on where to eat and sports bars to go to (my honey had to see the Texas & Alabama game). Daniel recommended and made reservations for us at The Pelican Club and I’m so glad he did. The food was great. The best cooked oysters I’ve ever had. The best part of our stay was the Good Samaritan who returned my wallet to the front desk. Sunday morning when we got our wake-up call I was informed that my wallet had been found by the pool and was returned by one of the guest. Undoubtedly you can find a cheaper place to stay in the French Quarter or anywhere in New Orleans for that matter but I cant say what time of service you will receive. The W French Quarter has lived up to the level of service I have come to expect from the W. Thank you for making our stay wonderful and my honey’s birthday memorable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello SDot313,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm so happy to hear of your great experience with us. We love going above and beyond for all of our guests and I love hearing when we've left a lasting, positive impression. I will pass along your kind comments to Daniel and the rest of our staff. They will be so appreciative of your high praises. It sounds like you both had a great time in the Big Easy! We look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter upon your return to New Orleans!!
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed overnight at the W French Quarter as part of a group of 8 people. Hotel is very well located, only about a 5-10 minute walk to Bourbon Street. The outside of the hotel is misleading. It looks like a very small hotel from the street but once you're inside, you discover it's much larger. Check-in process went well with enthusiastic staff. Concierge was also very helpful. Lobby also had the usual W comforts such as lemon water and free wi-fi available. Room was well appointed and very clean. Decor was typical W 'funkyness'. The very dark color scheme in the hallways made it feel a bit clausterphobic. Bathroom rather dark but very good back lighting from the mirror, shower pressure excellent. Bed was very comfortable, no issues with noise from neighbours or hallway.

Suggest first time travellers to New Orleans do their research on Bourbon Street before heading out after dark. Had expected more jazz bars and cafes instead of grunge bars and strip clubs. Some interesting characters after hours so be mindful of your surroundings. During the day, head down to other parts of the French Quarter near the harbor - good experience and lots to see and do.

Overall would recommend the W - great experience and consistent product.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hello YYZtotheworld,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and you liked the property and our staff. I hope you were able to find some great places around the French Quarter. You're right - there's so much to see and do! We hope to see you again upon your return to New Orleans!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

great little property in a great location! thanks to the entire staff for a wonderful stay! checkin and front drive staff was fun and professional! Avery,Abigail,Jane and everyone at SoBou thanks for all the great service along with yummy nibbles and sips! Couldn't have been taken care of more! Beautiful room and property

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Hello tiva-austin,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you so much for your praise for our staff - we truly appreciate it! I will pass along all of your kind comments to our staff. They will be so glad to hear from you! We look forward to welcoming you back to W French Quarter upon your return to New Orleans. See you soon!
Warm regards,
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at this W using points and I was there with my family. Families are not the target customer I am sure. If you are a 20 something attempting to impress yourself or others this is the place to stay. There was probably as much alcohol being consumed per capita as on the average "booze cruise". The overarching design focuses on style over function. The clean lines and minimalistic style reminded me of a 1960's Sci-Fi movie attempting to show what life would be like in the future. They tried too hard to be cutting edge and left any hint of utilitarian practicality in the dust. Skip it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
whotelsnola, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Hello Donald N -

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our property. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the redesign of our hotel and that it didn't suit your needs. We appreciate your comments and hope that, overall, you had a great time in New Orleans and will come back to the city to visit again soon.

If there's anything that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Warm regards,
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is in a great location in the French Quarter and the staff is exceedingly friendly...however, the walls are VERY thin. Our next door neighbors decided to have a fight at 4am over beignets and we could hear every word. Every time someone walked by our door, we could hear it. If you can ignore the sound problem, the hotel is great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook Chartres St.