“Best location. Best hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #55 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Kapolei, Hawaii
“Best location. Best hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not on crazy Bourbon Street but in the quarter. Just the right size. Staff is great. Good new restaurant and rooms renovated. Get in the carriage house. I always stay here. Several rooms have patios and hot tubs.

• Stayed July 2013
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hello DaveKapolei_Hawaii,
Thank you for choosing w French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm glad to hear that you were please with you stay and like our newly renovated property. We love hearing from our loyal return guests. Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just returned from the W hotel in the French quarter and could not be more pleased with everything the hotel offered to make it a wonderful experience. Stacy went out of her way to make our vacation one to remember. The hotel has always been my favorite but recently underwent a complete make-over to make our stay even more luxurious. I prefer the boutique feel that the Chartres location offers and enjoy being near the heartbeat of the music, food and fun that the quarter offers. As always, I love the bliss products, comfortable bedding, whatever, whenever service but this W is the bomb!!! Don't delay book today and let the good times roll!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Moorebeachgal,
Thank you for choosing the W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I will pass along your kind comments to Stacy. I am happy to hear you like our recent renovations and hope you will return to stay with us again very soon. We love to provide all of our guests with quality service and a wonderful experience, and I enjoy hearing when we've made a lasting positive impression. We hope to see you again soon during your next visit!
Salmon Arm, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was a gem to find in a superb location in the French quarter. Very personalized service, super helpful staff a few blocks from the crazy action of Bourbon Street. (I would not recommend staying too close to Bourbon street unless you are 25, or have no sense of smell. :) This hotel has a nice courtyard to relax in with an outdoor pool to cool off with as it is HOT in the summer. Stacy and Germaine ,the concierges, were a wealth of information and great to talk to. Be sure to ask for suggestions as they have some great recommendations!

Room Tip: We had a balcony which was really nice but a bit warm for this time of year. Looks over the courtyar...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello LeahM2222,
Thank you for choosing the W French Quarter during your recent trip and for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about all of our staff, and I will be sure to pass along your praise to Stacy and Germaine. We love going above and beyond for all our guests and hope to leave them with a positive lasting impression. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon upon your next trip to the city.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my 10th trip to the Crescent City. Most of my previous trips, I stayed at the W New Orleans on Poydras Street. I had always steered clear of the French Quarter location because I expected too much of the Bourbon Street party vibe (and smell) to spill over into my hotel experience. Upon my recent stay here, however, I now realize that this was far from the case!

First, the location is great. No, it's awesome! Everything in the French Quarter is within walking distance. We even ventured by foot past Canal Street and into the CBD. You literally are close to everything. Yet, it's just far enough from Bourbon Street (2 blocks) to escape its sights, sounds, and smells when we teetered to our room in the wee hours of the morning.

This location is what you would expect from The W--modern, but with a traditional New Orleans feel. Many rooms feature the balconies that are associated with The French Quarter. Our room had the swing-out casement windows that let us observe all the sights and passersby on Chartres Street. Beware: These windows don't have screens and if you leave them open while the room is unattended, you will have several flying, or crawling, visitors upon your return. You've been warned.

The rooms are way more spacious than the Poydras Street location as well. The beds were well dressed and really comfortable---the perfect combination of soft and firm. The lighting was more than adequate. Maybe they worked a little too well because we both remarked on our own previously un-noticed flaws under these fluorescent lights. I don't want those lights at home! All room lighting is controlled by a wall switch, of course. But, they are also controlled by another switch located at your bedside. I DO want this at home!

The rooms do not feature a microwave. This is such a shame because I felt the need to reheat leftovers in the middle of the night. Not a problem, though, thanks to The W's Whatever/Whenever service. Just one call to the front desk and voilà, a microwave was wheeled right up to our room! Cool!

I visited the Sweat Fitness Center during my stay, as well. The room was equipped with modern cardio machines and free weights. There were even mats and adequate space to do floor exercises. Water and entertainment is provided. Overall, a great place to work out on vacation.
The pool site was more than adequate, as well. Again, it's a nice mixture of traditional courtyard + modern W hotel amenities. Too bad it rained for much of our stay.

The only minor qualm I had with this location was with the housekeeping staff. They attempted to enter our room during the mid-morning on our first night's stay. We told them to come back and they agreed. An informational brochure located in the room mentioned that the staff "redesigns" our rooms between the hours of 9am-6pm. However, when we returned to our room later that evening, it had not been cleaned (or redesigned). We did not have that problem for the remaining days of our stay, but we often found that we were missing things that are normally replaced by the housekeeping staff. (Toilet paper, bath mats, clean towels and washcloths, etc.) Again, the Whatever/Whenever service promptly made up for any shortcomings of the housekeeping staff. I must point out that we visited during Essence Music Festival and I do realize this is a very busy time for New Orleans.

Overall, the stay was great and I'd definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues. If you have time, try SoBou, the hotel tapas restaurant. The plates run on the small side (duh, tapas), but it has a nice ambiance and friendly staff, who took time to converse with me while I waited for check-in. Oh, if you're lucky enough to arrive there on a Monday-Friday between 11:30 a.m-3pm, you must try the Two Bit Cocktails! You do realize that Two Bits=25¢, right? Limt 3, because that's enough. It actually says that on the menu!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello ngphilpot.
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We tremendously appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us! I am glad that our Whatever/Whenever service was able to promptly attend to your needs. We always try to go above and beyond for all of our guests, and I am glad to hear that that does not go unnoticed. I'm pleased to hear of the many things you enjoyed while staying at our hotel - I wish the weather had been better for you to enjoy the pool and courtyard more! I sincerely hope you will be returning to W French Quarter in the very near future. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Lan the Bellman is the Man... Great Hotel , Great service, Great Location , Great Courtyard , Anything we needed was instantly at our finger tips and everyone helped out no matter how small of an item we needed . The front desk has umbrellas ..highly recommended for those storms that roll in for about an hour in the afternoon. We got caught in one and the rain was super intense for about 40 minutes and we got soaked . Lessoned learned and the umbrellas from the front desk saved us the next time .

Room Tip: all the rooms looked great and where close enough to the action but far enough away to get the rest...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello brett a,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We love going above and beyond to meet the needs of all of our guests, no matter how small their needs may be. I am glad to hear that those efforts do not go unnoticed. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and the rain didn't put too much of a damper on your visit. We hope to see you again upon your next visit to the Crescent City!
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

W Hotel.. If you are reading this then let me tell you a little something about your outstanding staff...
I own a restaurant in Ireland, so I'm only too aware that any establishment is only as good as its people.. Yours are the best!
My husband and I checked in on our honeymoon, having just left New York .
We are met on reception by a chap call Jermaine, who was just the best front of house we have ever met. He paul don't do enough for us. Detailed maps, where to go, where to avoid, just a pleasure..
When we left to visit the town, he had champagne delivered to our room.
We book into the restaurant that night and what seemed like every single member of staff came to congratulate us.
Karen Marie our adorable waitress was just awesome. We laughed our heads off with her...
The bar manager came to tell us her Irish Travel stories and it turned out we knew the same people.
All this is pretty incredible, when you consider we are two guys!
I cannot stress enough how incredible these people were, they made us so welcome we're all so genuine.
Jermaine/Karen Marie, you have a job in Ireland anytime x Paul and Anthony x

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Foodie558,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit. Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff. Your compliments and praise will be passed along to our entire staff, particularly Jermaine, Karen Marie, Paul, Abigail and Anthony. I'm so happy to hear that you had such a pleasant experience in New Orleans and at W French Quarter and SoBou. Coming from a restaurant owner, your comments mean a lot to all of us. We hope to see you again upon your next visit to the Big Easy!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Our stay at the W- French Quarter was amazing! The hotel is beautiful and comfy. The location is awesome and we felt very safe!!! The staff was very friendly & helpful (valet- Daniel & Mark :), front desk, & every other worker we ran into!) We truly loved everything about the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello RebelGirl08.
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass along your praise to all of our staff. We always aim to meet every need of all of our guests, and your praise truly means a lot to us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property on TripAdvisor and we look forward to seeing you again upon your return to the city.
James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!