“Great hotel-great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Colleyville, Texas
“Great hotel-great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The w is located with walking distance of everything we wanted to do in New Orleans. Check in was very easy, staff wad beyond friendly, and we would stay here again for sure. The only drawback was the noise in the halls late at night and early in the morning which was more of a rude people problem instead of the hotels. Did not eat at the restraunt or check out the bar so I have no opinion on those.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello cascott4,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. I will pass along your praise to our Welcome desk staff members. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return to the city and hope you will get the opportunity to try our restaurant, SoBou.

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I love the W-French Quarter, its dark hallways, sexy vibe, comfy beds and rooms. Love the shell globes outside the reception area that give guests warm dim light at night. It's a W which is good. I've come to appreciate how the W (Starwood/Sheraton) can take original old buildings and transform them to sensual environments. I'm not a snob by any means but the artistry of W designers let loose on old buildings is to be admired. They've done this really well in NYC also. The Kimpton Group tries to unseat the W but Kimpton spaces look "put-together" I must say the modern W Hotels are just ok, im getting tired of modern hotel minimalist spaces nowadays . It's the old buildings transformed to a W "vibe" that makes it worth it for me.

The W French Quarter has so many nooks and crannies, different room layouts, it lures one into coming back. It's also a more intimate W than the larger ultra modern one on Poydras. It's location is nondescript, in the Quarter, down the street from one of my favorite restaurants, K-Paul's, and on my favorite street Chartres. OK, OK, it is my favorite hotel in NOLA, LOL. It's just far enough away from the Bourbon St promenade but close enough to partay when you are in the mood! Get a room with a balcony if you are there during spring for the Jazz festival or in the winter. I dont ever make it to Nawlins during Mardi Gras and I dont want to, LOL. Nuff said.

Room Tip: A balcony room with a street view is fun in the spring. Or a second floor room with a view of the c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hello paolola,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to the city. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your compliments on our recent redesign. We look forward to having you again upon your return to New Orleans! See you soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My trip was wonderful. I am from New Orleans but for my friend's 26th Birthday I decided to book a room here. The front desk agent Jonathan R. Was so helpful with anything we needed. We felt like tourist in our own city! Most memorable Birthday ever!

• Stayed July 2013
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello Abeetaylor,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter for your get away for your friend's birthday! I'm so happy you and your friends enjoyed your time with us and were able to experience the city in a new way. I will pass along your kind comments to Jonathan. Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor! I hope you will think of us again for any other special events!
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were there for a bachelorette party and the staff made our experience! They went above and beyond from the moment we booked our rooms. They helped with everything from arranging transportation to making suggestions, accommodating late check-out and even multiple payment options. It felt like we had our own personal planning assistants. Shawn and Stacey were both incredible! The rooms were perfect, location AMAZING and great drinks at the bar. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling to NOLA, especially if you're wanting an unforgettable experience!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Liz C,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I hope the bachelorette party was a tremendous success and you and your friends enjoyed your time with us. I'm delighted to hear how appreciative you are of our staff's suggestions and recommendations. I will pass along your kind comments to Shawn and Stacy, as well as the rest of our staff. Thank you so much for such high praises. We hope to see you again upon your return to New Orleans!
New Forest, Dorset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here. Lovely room overlooking the pool. Excellent staff in all areas - reception, concierge and valet who were always happy and pleased to see you. We did have a problem with the shower but this resolved the same day it was reported. The pool area was very clean with the most comfortable sun beds of any hotel I've stayed in. They were massive and covered with equally massive towels, very relaxing. There were not that many beds around the pool but then it was always quiet so maybe no need? The hotel has views of the Mississippi River (over rooftops) and is located near the French quarter near Bourbon Street and many many restaurants / bars. A great stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Flossy069,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your kind comments to members of our Welcome Desk staff, concierge, and valet. I'm glad you were able to have some time to relax by the pool and in the courtyard. I hope the rest of your family enjoyed their time at W French Quarter and around the city as well.
All the best,
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I gave up on W Hotels a long time ago because they usually aren't to my taste, but this one is a wonderful exception. It has a vibe that no other W I've been to has: it feels homey. It doesn't have that stark, boxy, cold, every-room-is-the-same feeling of most chain hotels. One big reason for this is that the windows open, giving you fresh air and a sense of belonging rather than being trapped in a sterile building. I stayed first in a Wonderful room with a view to the pool, and that was cute, and then I upgraded to a Fabulous room which is bigger and has a balcony facing the street. The color scheme is different, yellow/gold and gray with touches of color, which keeps it from being drab. I appreciate that the hotel is relatively small and the pool is located cozily within the courtyard, like being in a French garden. The hotel isn't *perfect* (it's not a Four Seasons, service-wise and the service in the bar could have been better), but the hotel staff I dealt with were warm and helpful. Lastly, the location is ideal in a quiet street in the French Quarter. Wonderful job, W French Quarter!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Hello Veronica S,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent trip to New Orleans. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our property. We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and provide us with positive feedback. We hope you will return to W French Quarter upon your next trip to the city.
Belize City, Belize
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Location was great, in the French Quarter, but not too noisy or busy.

Room (Mega) was fairly large with a reasonably sized sitting area. Room was clean on arrival and was cleaned every day.

Room service was timely, and the meal was good; especially the gumbo.

We ate dinner at SoBou one night. Food was good, service was good as well. At the time the restaurant was not very noisy, perfect for an intimate dinner.

The concierge was helpful and pleasant.

Only small complaint that the record player in the room did not work; but we were never in the room, so it was not really missed and I never reported it as not working.

I consider this to be a perfect place to stay in New Orleans/French Quarter and would be staying there again if I ever return to New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello AsheleB,
Thank you for choosing W French Quarter during your recent visit to New Orleans. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback, and I will make sure to share it with our staff. We hope to see you again upon your return to the city.
James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!