I’m not sure how to rate this hotel. For me it was probably a “3” at best, but I can see that it might be a “5” for a lot of people. First of all, it is a “W” and you have to expect something different; in my experience they are all different and none are what you would call “conventional”…they tend to cater to a special kind of guest. This one is in a 300 year old building which smelled damp and caused a very bad allergy attack for my wife (we had been in New Orleans for several days at a nearby hotel with no problem); there is no cab stand (so getting a cab can be difficult, as is true for almost all French Quarter hotels); staff tries hard but often is not helpful (like with their very poor Wi-Fi service…staff I talked to did not seem to have a clue, but did refer me to their IT contractor who wasted about 90 minutes of my time, also did not seem to have a clue and never did get it working right in my room); the décor can be downright scary ( like the hall wallpaper that looked like hundreds of shiny eyes looking at you ); our room was designed more for style than function ( like the phone being located in an unlit area next to bed, having a very short cord and being nowhere near the desk , almost everything hidden behind panels and a translucent glass bathroom door ); there is no elite lounge or much special for Starwood Platinums (except upgrade to a very nice, albeit weirdly decorated, large room) and, well you get the picture. On the other hand, the beds and showers are excellent, the soundproofing is great, the location is great and the staff really tries hard. My guess is that the things which I did not like do not matter much to (or are even liked by) their target guest and are insignificant compared to the positives. So I guess you have to decide what type of guest you are and make your decision- I doubt if we will be back.
- Also Known As:
- w New Orleans - French Quarter Hotel
- w New Orleans - French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- w New Orleans
- w Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W New Orleans French Quarter is adjacent to historic Jackson Square and boutique shops, and is a short walk from galleries, the Riverwalk and Harrah's casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Amex, Starwood, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your W New Orleans - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.