“I ended up loving it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Raleigh, North Carolina
“I ended up loving it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

For me, this place started off on a wrong note. I got there a little before check-in but rooms were not ready till about 7pm. I was attending ACS conference and had to leave my things at the front desk to go for my session. Eventually, I got my room and I hated it because of that creepy painting/art they have hanging on the wall and ceiling.

With all that being said, everything else was amazing. My room was changed immediately and the staff were extremely friendly and professional. Jermaine especially did everything he could to make sure I had a great stay. I was given a $40 credit for dinner at the restaurant downstairs my first night because of the inconvenience of my room not being ready and they got me beignets from Cafe du Monde whenever I requested.

The location is great, right in the French quarter and it's close to everything. You can party on Bourbon street and Frenchmen till late and walk back to your hotel safely cos of proximity. I would stay here again if I'm in New Orleans. Keep in mind though that it's a boutique hotel, so the rooms are quite small and the walls are thin. Besides that, everything else is impeccable and the pool is gorgeous.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
WFrenchQuarter, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hello Dami A -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter and for sharing feedback about your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm really pleased to hear that everything turned out great with your trip and that our staff was able to find a room that better suited your needs. We appreciate the opportunity to turn your experience around while you were still with us, so thank you for voicing your thoughts to us. We can't wait to see you again the next time you find yourself in New Orleans.

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Right by all the fun without being in the middle of the madness which I would have hated, I can honestly say all and I mean all the staff were amazing super friendly and going out of their way to be helpful, nicely done hotel my room was large and comfortable, Internet a little slow, great restaurant SOBU right in the building, Everything was walking distance, I loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WFrenchQuarter, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello princessofvisconde -

Thank you so much for choosing W French Quarter and for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm glad that you really enjoyed your stay and that everyone you encountered made a great impression on you. We hope to see you again soon!

new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife, son & his wife, and I stayed at the W Hotel in the French Quarter, New Orleans from 3/14 - 3/19 2013. This was our third time here. The hotel staff is the best we ever had at any hotel we visited. From the moment we arrived until the day we left, we were treated like celebrities. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Mark & malik to handle our luggage. Theyytook care of our needs from start to finish. The front desk greeted us as though we were assigned only to them. Special thanks to Shawn, Nadia & Ariel for their help, and to Ben who made sure our stay was perfect. At the bar we were served by Austin & Abigail who were extremely friendly and professional. At the restaurant we were served by Sharon & Graham. Their knowledge of the menu helped us to enjoy every moment of our meals. Last but not least we have great praise for Stacy, who handled our sightseeing & restaurant reservations. Her recommendations were beyond reproach. The management shoul be honored to have such an employee. This woman is worth her weight in gold. Bob & Sera Mayor

Room Tip: Try to obtain a balcony room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello seracann -

I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to welcome you back to W French Quarter for a third time and that your stay was flawless. Thank you for specifically calling out each employee who made an impact on your stay as it really goes a long way with us. You are an important guest to us, so I'm glad that everyone went out of their way to make you feel that way. We can't wait to see you again the next time you're in New Orleans.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the W for one night. It is a nice clean hotel, very well located within the heart of the French quarter. It is delightly decorated, clean and the service is impeccable. Reception staff is very friendly and accommodating. Only a couple of minor things to keep in mind: the walls are quite thin and noise from the corridor (or adjoining rooms) carries within the room. This was not a problem for us but if you are a very light sleeper or if your neighbors are noisy, it might affect you.

The second issue is that upon our departure, we asked the concierge to call us a taxi. We are pretty sure that they just called a friend of theirs that was not a proper licensed taxi. The lady had problems understanding our destination and at one point asked me to input the address of our airport hotel directly into her GPS. I thought that was unacceptable.

Other than these two things, we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Hello TheAvatar_GR -

Thank you for staying at W French Quarter and for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that overall, you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the taxi at your departure. I assure you that's not the type of departure experience or last impression we want our guests to have when leaving. We'll definitely be more mindful of the taxis that we call and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again on your next visit!

Westfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was in town for a conference and I showed up with one of the worst colds of my life. All week I came back to my room and ordered chicken noodle soup every night. It was so good. I also loved the bedding.... down mattress, pillows, comforter, and the sheets were soft and comfortable. I had a great view and the staff was great.

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello Cathleen T -

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well while you were in town. I know when you're sick, you just want to be in the comforts of your own home, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the bedding and could hopefully make our hotel a home away from home for a few days. We hope that you're feeling better and that we see you again on your next trip to New Orleans!

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fantastic hotel, beautiful courtyard, Great room, best location in the heart of French Quarter, but not too close to Bourbon street so it wasn't too noisy, Great service, staff bend over backwards to please you, amazing food and drinks , Can not wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello Golareh9 -

Thank you for writing such a nice review of W French Quarter. We appreciate the positive feedback and can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans.

Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Looking for a great hotel in the French Quarter? Look no more. The W New Orleans - French Quarter (on Chartres St) is hands down awesome!!!

The staff was so friendly and welcoming and always had great suggestions for places to eat. Staci, one of the Concierge's there, was amazing. When my husband and I were done booking our tours and dinner reservations with her, we felt like we've known her forever.

The rooms were great very clean and the location was perfect. Walking distance to everything.

Great experience!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello 13NatalieM13 -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter and for posting such a nice review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Staci was so helpful. She's a great asset to our team. We hope to see you again the next time you visit New Orleans.

James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!