Stayed at the W for one night. It is a nice clean hotel, very well located within the heart of the French quarter. It is delightly decorated, clean and the service is impeccable. Reception staff is very friendly and accommodating. Only a couple of minor things to keep in mind: the walls are quite thin and noise from the corridor (or adjoining rooms) carries within the room. This was not a problem for us but if you are a very light sleeper or if your neighbors are noisy, it might affect you.
The second issue is that upon our departure, we asked the concierge to call us a taxi. We are pretty sure that they just called a friend of theirs that was not a proper licensed taxi. The lady had problems understanding our destination and at one point asked me to input the address of our airport hotel directly into her GPS. I thought that was unacceptable.
Other than these two things, we had a lovely stay.
- Also Known As:
- w New Orleans - French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- w New Orleans - French Quarter Hotel
- w New Orleans
- w Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W New Orleans French Quarter is adjacent to historic Jackson Square and boutique shops, and is a short walk from galleries, the Riverwalk and Harrah's casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your W New Orleans - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.