“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #56 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the W for one night. It is a nice clean hotel, very well located within the heart of the French quarter. It is delightly decorated, clean and the service is impeccable. Reception staff is very friendly and accommodating. Only a couple of minor things to keep in mind: the walls are quite thin and noise from the corridor (or adjoining rooms) carries within the room. This was not a problem for us but if you are a very light sleeper or if your neighbors are noisy, it might affect you.

The second issue is that upon our departure, we asked the concierge to call us a taxi. We are pretty sure that they just called a friend of theirs that was not a proper licensed taxi. The lady had problems understanding our destination and at one point asked me to input the address of our airport hotel directly into her GPS. I thought that was unacceptable.

Other than these two things, we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2013
WFrenchQuarter, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello TheAvatar_GR -

Thank you for staying at W French Quarter and for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that overall, you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience with the taxi at your departure. I assure you that's not the type of departure experience or last impression we want our guests to have when leaving. We'll definitely be more mindful of the taxis that we call and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again on your next visit!

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Westfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was in town for a conference and I showed up with one of the worst colds of my life. All week I came back to my room and ordered chicken noodle soup every night. It was so good. I also loved the bedding.... down mattress, pillows, comforter, and the sheets were soft and comfortable. I had a great view and the staff was great.

Room Tip: ask for a river view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello Cathleen T -

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well while you were in town. I know when you're sick, you just want to be in the comforts of your own home, so I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the bedding and could hopefully make our hotel a home away from home for a few days. We hope that you're feeling better and that we see you again on your next trip to New Orleans!

Warm regards,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Fantastic hotel, beautiful courtyard, Great room, best location in the heart of French Quarter, but not too close to Bourbon street so it wasn't too noisy, Great service, staff bend over backwards to please you, amazing food and drinks , Can not wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello Golareh9 -

Thank you for writing such a nice review of W French Quarter. We appreciate the positive feedback and can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans.

Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Looking for a great hotel in the French Quarter? Look no more. The W New Orleans - French Quarter (on Chartres St) is hands down awesome!!!

The staff was so friendly and welcoming and always had great suggestions for places to eat. Staci, one of the Concierge's there, was amazing. When my husband and I were done booking our tours and dinner reservations with her, we felt like we've known her forever.

The rooms were great very clean and the location was perfect. Walking distance to everything.

Great experience!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello 13NatalieM13 -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter and for posting such a nice review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Staci was so helpful. She's a great asset to our team. We hope to see you again the next time you visit New Orleans.

cypress, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is by far my favorite hotel anywhere..period. It has an amazing location within walking distance of Jackson Square and all the other FQ attractions. The rooms are nice with real windows that open. The courtyard is so relaxing and beautiful, very tranquil and very NOLA. The pool and oversize loungers are awesome!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello lovetran -

We appreciate the kind words you shared about W French Quarter on TripAdvisor. Thank you for staying with us. We're looking forward to your return!

Until next time,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can honestly say that this hotel had the best staff I have ever experianced in a hotel. The valet gentlman ( Tall black gentleman with glasses) was awesome. Sorry I didnt get his name. The room was to die for! The service...first class. The pool was beautiful and the courtyard was everything I could have wanted and more. But one experiance stands out the most. You see I traveled with my husband and two kids who are 8yrs and 10yrs. My kids kids love anything haunted...my husband was teasing them tellimg them that the W stood for an M and the M stood for.....well you get it. My son thought he was going to prove my husband wrong and asked Press (An amazing gentleman who worked there) about it. Well Press worked his story and my son had a story to last him for the rest of his life. Press was also there almost the whole three days we were there. He made me give this hotel the fifth star. What a gem of a person. I do hope I see him when I come back.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard, and it was very quite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello LaRue J -

I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice time at W French Quarter with your family and that Press really made a great lasting impression. We appreciate your kind words and can't wait to see you again.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated a friend's birthday at the W French Quarter 4/2-4/4. The staff at the hotel, especially Elijah, went above and beyond to ensure a great getaway. Upgraded us to a nice street side balcony room and a bottle of champagne to kick off the birthday celebration. Be sure to try the banana fosters French toast..it was off the chart fantastic! Elijah made reservations at Galvez for the birthday dinner...great choice. Fantastic Spanish influenced cuisine on the banks of the Mississippi. Looking forward to revisiting!

• Stayed April 2013
Hello The Tobster -

Thank you for taking the time to review W French Quarter on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that Elijah went above and beyond to make the birthday celebration memorable. We can't wait to see you again!

Warm regards,
James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!