“Awesome French Quarter Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #55 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Kings Park, New York
“Awesome French Quarter Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Looking for a great hotel in the French Quarter? Look no more. The W New Orleans - French Quarter (on Chartres St) is hands down awesome!!!

The staff was so friendly and welcoming and always had great suggestions for places to eat. Staci, one of the Concierge's there, was amazing. When my husband and I were done booking our tours and dinner reservations with her, we felt like we've known her forever.

The rooms were great very clean and the location was perfect. Walking distance to everything.

Great experience!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello 13NatalieM13 -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter and for posting such a nice review of our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Staci was so helpful. She's a great asset to our team. We hope to see you again the next time you visit New Orleans.

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
cypress, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is by far my favorite hotel anywhere..period. It has an amazing location within walking distance of Jackson Square and all the other FQ attractions. The rooms are nice with real windows that open. The courtyard is so relaxing and beautiful, very tranquil and very NOLA. The pool and oversize loungers are awesome!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello lovetran -

We appreciate the kind words you shared about W French Quarter on TripAdvisor. Thank you for staying with us. We're looking forward to your return!

Until next time,
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can honestly say that this hotel had the best staff I have ever experianced in a hotel. The valet gentlman ( Tall black gentleman with glasses) was awesome. Sorry I didnt get his name. The room was to die for! The service...first class. The pool was beautiful and the courtyard was everything I could have wanted and more. But one experiance stands out the most. You see I traveled with my husband and two kids who are 8yrs and 10yrs. My kids kids love anything haunted...my husband was teasing them tellimg them that the W stood for an M and the M stood for.....well you get it. My son thought he was going to prove my husband wrong and asked Press (An amazing gentleman who worked there) about it. Well Press worked his story and my son had a story to last him for the rest of his life. Press was also there almost the whole three days we were there. He made me give this hotel the fifth star. What a gem of a person. I do hope I see him when I come back.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard, and it was very quite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello LaRue J -

I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice time at W French Quarter with your family and that Press really made a great lasting impression. We appreciate your kind words and can't wait to see you again.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated a friend's birthday at the W French Quarter 4/2-4/4. The staff at the hotel, especially Elijah, went above and beyond to ensure a great getaway. Upgraded us to a nice street side balcony room and a bottle of champagne to kick off the birthday celebration. Be sure to try the banana fosters French toast..it was off the chart fantastic! Elijah made reservations at Galvez for the birthday dinner...great choice. Fantastic Spanish influenced cuisine on the banks of the Mississippi. Looking forward to revisiting!

• Stayed April 2013
Hello The Tobster -

Thank you for taking the time to review W French Quarter on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that Elijah went above and beyond to make the birthday celebration memorable. We can't wait to see you again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is very stylish - the lobby, bar, restaurant, rooms, courtyard etc. are all beautifully done. The courtyard has a little pool and is a perfect waiting room or lounge. The location is also as good as it gets if you're intending to spend most of your time in the French Quarter.

Service-wise, it's a bit spotty. It's always friendly, but not always perfect. We got there at 4pm and our rooms were not ready. Actually, they weren't ready until about 6 or 7pm. This happens, so we didn't mind and went for a walk. We had to drop our car off at Hertz, and the hotel sent one of their staff with a car to pick us up for free. That was a nice and appreciated surprise. The bar staff is also very friendly and helpful. On the other hand, when it gets busy, it can be a bit slow. Room cleaning was not great. Things were cleaned, but usually quite late in the day, and we never seemed to get the right number of towels.

We didn't have breakfast, but can vouch for the bartender. She is awesome!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Thao M -

Thank you for staying at W French Quarter and for sharing your feedback with us. We're always looking for ways to improve our service so your comments are helpful and important to us. I'm glad to hear that overall, you had a great stay. We can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Cerritos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed there over the Easter Weekend and Hotel is in a Great Location and within walking distance to almost everything. Very courteous service and A excellent Concierge !! Will go back next time!! 5 min walk to Café Du Monde and Hop Off On Stop. Right next to Bouboun Street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello sunilm600 -

Thank you for staying at W French Quarter and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice stay at our property. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Ontario, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

i must say, i had the worst stay ever in new orleans and thanks to W French Quarter. I called prior to arriving to the hotel and asked for an upgrade, the nice lady at the desk said no problem. I got to the hotel and checked in, everything went flawless until i got to my room. I must say...I have shoe boxes larger than this room. I called down and i believe i spoke with a new lady who passed me to her manager. i explained that i had phoned and was expecting an upgrade and i got this tiny room I wanted to move as i was celebrating a special night with my lady. He rudely said that he could not move me and suggested a room at the other W!! Boy was i upset at that responce. I chose the French Quarter because of it's location and the online reviews about the staff. He made me feel less than a valued guest!!! He did offer a room move which eventually i accepted only to get to the room and it was smaller than the first.went back and spoke to the manager and this time i was livid!!! He could not even apologize for placing me in a room that was small and when i looked out the window, i saw a wall. he said that he was new and not familiar with the hotel. What does that have to do with me. it wasnt my fault that he did not get the proper training before being hired. For my 400.00 a night, i wanted a nice room and to relax. He made this a miserable trip for me and my lady!!!!! Thanks W Management for ruining my trip!!!!!

Room Tip: dont ask for an upgrade, you will be disappointed
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello dorothyf643 -

I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience at our hotel and for dampening such a special occasion for you. I assure you that's not the level of service we're capable of providing as you are an important guest to us. We have several different room types at the property that might suit you better. I apologize that we were unable to find one during your stay as it's most likely that they were occupied at the time. Please accept my apologies for your experience. We'd love the chance to make things right and show you the experience you deserve the next time you're in New Orleans. If there's anything that we can do for you in the meantime, please let us know at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!