“A staff that should never be replaced!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #54 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Chicago, Illinois
“A staff that should never be replaced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can honestly say that this hotel had the best staff I have ever experianced in a hotel. The valet gentlman ( Tall black gentleman with glasses) was awesome. Sorry I didnt get his name. The room was to die for! The service...first class. The pool was beautiful and the courtyard was everything I could have wanted and more. But one experiance stands out the most. You see I traveled with my husband and two kids who are 8yrs and 10yrs. My kids kids love anything haunted...my husband was teasing them tellimg them that the W stood for an M and the M stood for.....well you get it. My son thought he was going to prove my husband wrong and asked Press (An amazing gentleman who worked there) about it. Well Press worked his story and my son had a story to last him for the rest of his life. Press was also there almost the whole three days we were there. He made me give this hotel the fifth star. What a gem of a person. I do hope I see him when I come back.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard, and it was very quite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello LaRue J -

I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice time at W French Quarter with your family and that Press really made a great lasting impression. We appreciate your kind words and can't wait to see you again.

All the best,

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated a friend's birthday at the W French Quarter 4/2-4/4. The staff at the hotel, especially Elijah, went above and beyond to ensure a great getaway. Upgraded us to a nice street side balcony room and a bottle of champagne to kick off the birthday celebration. Be sure to try the banana fosters French toast..it was off the chart fantastic! Elijah made reservations at Galvez for the birthday dinner...great choice. Fantastic Spanish influenced cuisine on the banks of the Mississippi. Looking forward to revisiting!

• Stayed April 2013
Hello The Tobster -

Thank you for taking the time to review W French Quarter on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that Elijah went above and beyond to make the birthday celebration memorable. We can't wait to see you again!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is very stylish - the lobby, bar, restaurant, rooms, courtyard etc. are all beautifully done. The courtyard has a little pool and is a perfect waiting room or lounge. The location is also as good as it gets if you're intending to spend most of your time in the French Quarter.

Service-wise, it's a bit spotty. It's always friendly, but not always perfect. We got there at 4pm and our rooms were not ready. Actually, they weren't ready until about 6 or 7pm. This happens, so we didn't mind and went for a walk. We had to drop our car off at Hertz, and the hotel sent one of their staff with a car to pick us up for free. That was a nice and appreciated surprise. The bar staff is also very friendly and helpful. On the other hand, when it gets busy, it can be a bit slow. Room cleaning was not great. Things were cleaned, but usually quite late in the day, and we never seemed to get the right number of towels.

We didn't have breakfast, but can vouch for the bartender. She is awesome!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Thao M -

Thank you for staying at W French Quarter and for sharing your feedback with us. We're always looking for ways to improve our service so your comments are helpful and important to us. I'm glad to hear that overall, you had a great stay. We can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Cerritos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed there over the Easter Weekend and Hotel is in a Great Location and within walking distance to almost everything. Very courteous service and A excellent Concierge !! Will go back next time!! 5 min walk to Café Du Monde and Hop Off On Stop. Right next to Bouboun Street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello sunilm600 -

Thank you for staying at W French Quarter and for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice stay at our property. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Ontario, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

i must say, i had the worst stay ever in new orleans and thanks to W French Quarter. I called prior to arriving to the hotel and asked for an upgrade, the nice lady at the desk said no problem. I got to the hotel and checked in, everything went flawless until i got to my room. I must say...I have shoe boxes larger than this room. I called down and i believe i spoke with a new lady who passed me to her manager. i explained that i had phoned and was expecting an upgrade and i got this tiny room I wanted to move as i was celebrating a special night with my lady. He rudely said that he could not move me and suggested a room at the other W!! Boy was i upset at that responce. I chose the French Quarter because of it's location and the online reviews about the staff. He made me feel less than a valued guest!!! He did offer a room move which eventually i accepted only to get to the room and it was smaller than the first.went back and spoke to the manager and this time i was livid!!! He could not even apologize for placing me in a room that was small and when i looked out the window, i saw a wall. he said that he was new and not familiar with the hotel. What does that have to do with me. it wasnt my fault that he did not get the proper training before being hired. For my 400.00 a night, i wanted a nice room and to relax. He made this a miserable trip for me and my lady!!!!! Thanks W Management for ruining my trip!!!!!

Room Tip: dont ask for an upgrade, you will be disappointed
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello dorothyf643 -

I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience at our hotel and for dampening such a special occasion for you. I assure you that's not the level of service we're capable of providing as you are an important guest to us. We have several different room types at the property that might suit you better. I apologize that we were unable to find one during your stay as it's most likely that they were occupied at the time. Please accept my apologies for your experience. We'd love the chance to make things right and show you the experience you deserve the next time you're in New Orleans. If there's anything that we can do for you in the meantime, please let us know at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

All the best,
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed in four hotels while in New Orleans, and, unfortunately, this was probably the worst. Check-in took way too long and the front desk clerk gave me incorrect information. I was upgraded to a suite; however, the separate sitting area was an assault on the senses - bright yellow color and LED lights. My colleagues commented that all the room was missing was a stripper's pole (perhaps that was the intention of the designer).

Althought the price was comparable to the Ritz Carlton and Windsor Court Hotel, the experience did not match. The room amenities were not on par and placement of items in the bathroom seemed haphazard.

There was no dedicated business center and it took over half an hour to get some documents scanned. This hotel is not really for the business traveler, but someone looking for a "cool" vibe in a good location.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello meanchat -

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't care for your guest room and for the challenges you faced during check-in and with scanning your document. Your feedback is important to us as we're constantly looking for ways to improve the level of service and amenities that we offer. If you'd like to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to email us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. Thank you for staying with us. We wish you all the best.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It was just a one night stay, but the staff, especially Malik was very accommodating and punctual. The location was also fantastic if you just want to walk around the French Quarter. Unfortunately it rained the only day I was there, but everything was close to us, so it didn't damper things too much. If you want to stay in the Quarter close to everything, the W Hotel is the place!

Room Tip: Ask for Malik
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello Brady G -

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at W French Quarter with us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice time even though it was short. We hope that you can come back soon and stay with us a little longer!

Until next time,
James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!