“Excellent Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The service here was phenomenal! Ariel Green was incredibly helpful throughout our stay. She was consistently prompt and accommodating with our every need. We will absolutely stay here again the next time we are in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Rooms with street balcony are preferred.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hello Matthew A -

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor and for the nice compliments to Ariel. We strive to provide an exceptional level of service to all of our guests and I love hearing accounts of our staff seeing that through. We can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip!

James Wroblewski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I stayed there during spring break week and had a great time. The location was excellent, right in the heart of the French Quarter. The service was also great, from the front desk to housekeeping. I wanted to specifically thank Daniel with the valet/baggage service for great service from the moment we arrived to the time we left (I also wanted to thank his coworker, but couldn't remember his name so I apologize to him).
The hotel is small, but cool without being pretentious. It was a little loud at times, but if you go to New Orleans, in the French Quarter, during spring break, you better understand that there will be people having fun. The hotel is actually a couple of blocks from Bourbon, which is good because it's easy to walk to, but far enough not to be in the heart of the craziness unless you want it. They also have the "Acura Experience" that provides free lifts, if the car is available, for destinations close to the Quarter (you should tip).
Overall, it was a great experience and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room. It's a little quieter and it's a nice view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Roberto R -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter on your spring break vacation and for taking the time to post a review. I'm pleased to hear that you had such a great experience at our hotel and that the location worked well for you. I'll pass the kind words along to Daniel. We hope to see you again soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a quick vacation and have always wanted to stay at a W hotel, with this being the first it did not disappoint. Upon arriving to the hotel via taxi we were greeted by Malik, who was very helpful and friendly throughout our entire stay. As we head out to explore the city, he was always willing to provide suggestions for dining as well as directions to area attractions. Once at the reception desk, which is more of a pass thru, we were greeted by Ariel who was awesome and very patient. We probably asked her at least 10 questions a day while we were there, but she was always friendly. Also during our stay we took advantage of the Acura service and Quentin was our driver. We made an appointment with him the day before, and he was promptly available at our scheduled time. Initially, we asked to go to magazine street shops, but then he offered to give us a quick tour around the area. I have been to NOLA a few times before, but my friend had not so this gave her a chance to see the city behind the reach of a comfortable walk. Our feet were very appreciative.

The only drawback was the noise factor at about 2a in the hallways. The doors slam instead of closing gently unless you hold the door, which echoes through the hallways multiplied by 30 rms. We did , however, enjoy that this a boutique hotel, so the outdoor sitting areas always had available seats. Our favorite was the chaise bed with pergola and white linen curtains, because it was so cozy in front of the fire. All in all it's a great little hotel. Oh, one more thing the Tarot room is a little creepy at night after having a few drinks, because it looks like the Tarot Lady's eyes are following you! Just an FYI

Room Tip: Woman on Tarot card in Tarot room a little creepy. Fiji water not free only the cheap brand read bev...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Lei R -

I'm glad to hear that you had a such a great time at W French Quarter and enjoyed several parts of the property. Thank you for spending time with us and for taking the time to post a review. We love hearing about the ways that our staff impact our guests' experiences. The next time you're here, you should check out one of our jazz guest rooms. The color scheme is a little different from our tarot rooms, but still pulls in the culture of New Orleans. I think you'd like it.

Thank you again for sharing such great feedback. We'd love to see you again soon!

Warmest regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful service!!!! Quentin and Mark were awesome and were so friendly to my children! Front desk was also very, very polite and customer service oriented. We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed every minute. We definitely hope to come back. Thank you W!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Hello Dsemclower -

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us! I love hearing accounts of our talent leaving positive impressions on our guests and am thrilled to hear that your son loved the hotel that much! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in New Orleans.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our expectations were high on arrival. We were invited for a conference and took the opportunity to take our first one night getaway from kids. Everyone was telling us what a great choice W in NO was so were expecting more than at other W's. Being SPG regulars and former platinum members we think we know what standard to expect.
Upon arrival there were no bellman to open doors, no one present in lobby and a long line for check in. No SPG counter. and in fact no one at the check in counter. That is there was a lady but she left within 30 sec's and then no one turned up for 10-15 minutes!
Hmmmmm line was growing and those guests who were not in a rush and presumably already had rooms just gave up.
The only staff member in sight for 20 minutes was a bell boy/driver busy helping people with stored luggage and calming people down with bottled water.
Finally after about 20 minutes both clerks at check in turned up, apologized but seemed odd that they would let us wait like that.
They were so friendly and nice however that we shrugged our shoulders thinking it would only get better.
Our room was smallish but the decor was nice. And I have to say that the decor in the entire hotel was impeccable. Love good contemporary design and it was evident that design was important in the hotel. This hotel oozes trendy urban lifestyles - and we love it! However a few not so well thought points such as the tiles in the bathroom were of such type that is not meant for floors as they look dirty before stepping on them, unless the housekeeper would polish for at least an hour between each bathroom visit. Great look if each room would have a full time housekeeper but as not the case.............
At night the sound from streets were really unbearable. We have stayed in NO before but THIS was bad - and we even stayed on top floor. When we called at 11.30 pm asking the front desk about it they said the conference/city had an event and they were sorry. We asked how long it would be going on because we were really tired and it was even overpowering sound wise the tv, we were told they didn't know but would find out and get back to us. They never did!!!!! This is just one example of that follow up of front desk is miserable and lacking guest empathy. On top of that there were constant hunks from ships which we have not been bothered from before in NO so perhaps it is bad noise insulation to the outside of the hotel (suspicion is strong since we were staying so high up and we were not bothered at all by any neighbors).
The worst experience was the breakfast. Let me start with the positives. Decor is nice and the omelette man is super friendly and really tries to step in and calm/apeace guests from the indifferent treatment of the rest of the staff. Breakfast started with that we had to wait for 10 minutes before anyone had time to seat us. This in spite that the breakfast room was not full in spite of full house at hotel. When a server finally graciously paid attention to us we were told to wait. Apparently all free tables (50% of the restaurants) were dirty and now we had to wait for them to clean a table and set it afresh for us. With 4-5 servers and a buffet and only about 20 guests this still seemed impossible.
Finally we were seated. There were no clean juice glasses - a full tray standing there but they were all dirty. There were no more fresh fruit and we asked for some. Were told it would come. After 20 minutes still no fresh fruit and unfortunately my better half had to leave - and he thus did not get any fresh fruit. I still wanted my fruit and again for a third time reminded the server. 5 minutes later the fruit came, but by now there were no bowls left for the fruit and yoghurt. I asked the server who told me she would get it. I again waited for 10-15 minutes reminding any server I could waive down - and in deed they were doing their best to avoid me. I started reminding anyone from staff and eventually the manager turned up. He said he was going to arrange it but that also took a while. I think he outsourced it to one of the servers who just couldn't be bothered so in between I spoke to two other servers before the manager finally returned with a tiny bowl (not for fruit and yoghurt) but I was just happy to finally get something to serve my fruit. In the meantime other guests resorted to using glasses, coffee cups etc. There were also no plates left, but they did arrive before the bowls but so hot that not suitable for fruit.
A little after the manager brought me a bowl the servers finally appeared with the fruit and yoghurt bowls.
Next thing is that I return to my table and they have cleared my coffee and other breakfast! Guess they really wanted to get rid of me as they still had not cleared half of the tables.
Final thing was to get hold of the bill and that was almost a comedy in itself as every staff member truly went out of their way to ignore me. After 10 minutes other guests also tried to get their attention and it was just IMPOSSIBLE. Two girls sitting next to me said that I should just leave but I don't like to run away from my bills. The guests sitting on the other side also chimed in and we were now 3 tables trying to get the attention of the servers but still it took what seemed for ever to get a server to close me out.
Driver service was really nice and did work well - I have to say that the bell boys and driver services was the only one working hard at this hotel.
A few more minor issues but I don't want to spent more time rattling.
After check out we realized that we had forgotten headphone batteries and we called within that evening. The front desk said they hadn't found it and would check the next day and get back to us. They never did. Goodbye Bose headphones. Guess this hotel really don't care about their guests and wellbeing.
All in all my rating is a 2,5 but I give them 3 because I really think it is unfair towards the bellboys/drivers and the decor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Hello dkrejser -

I appreciate the feedback you provided about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that the level of service didn't meet your standards and agree that the issues you faced are unacceptable. Your comments help us to improve on the level of service we provide and we take them seriously. I assure you that we do care about our guests and want each one to leave feeling better than when they arrived, so please accept my sincerest apologies. We'd love to welcome you back again so we can turn your experience around. If there's anything that we can do to make this right, please feel free to reach out to us at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

College Station, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great night sleep except that rowdy people in the halls kept us up. Hey it is NOLA, so whatever. Front of the house service was great. Be prepared for a very different modern decor. Love location and the driving service which took us uptown.

Hello ProfD81 -

I enjoyed reading your review of W French Quarter. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for choosing our hotel while you were in New Orleans. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by noise in the hallway and appreciate your understanding. Let us know if you're planning another trip to New Orleans by emailing us at wfqcservice@whotels.com. We'd love to know that you're coming back.

Best wishes,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is my second time staying at this hotel. We were here with friends and everyone had an excellent experience. In the beautiful French Quarter location, can't get any better than that. Hotel staff is extremely helpful. Concierge service is like no other. Ask for Staci, she is very knowledgeable about the area and had many ideas for what we were looking for. We knew little about the area, where to go, and what to eat. Her recommendations were the best!!! Hotel restaurant and bar are also very nice. Request a room with a balcony if you can. We will be back and staying in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello RunningGuy7 -

I'm glad to hear that you had such a great time at W French Quarter. I agree that Staci always has great recommendations! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. We can't wait to see you again!

Until next time,
James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!