Boutique style typical of W Hotels that I love. Stayed 4 nights in room on second floor with balcony opening up to the courtyard. It was quiet, decent sized room. My parents stayed in room next door. The ice maker was on the outside of their wall and it made noise day and night. Upon check in the staff was wonderful, gave us a map and oriented us to city. There is a driver available that will drive you anywhere within two miles, very nice service. We were able to walk to everything in French Quarter. We booked a mini bus tour of city through hotel. Bus picked us up right in front and we enjoyed the tour very much.
We ate dinner, breakfast and sat at the bar in Sobu, service was great, staff friendly and the food was very good. Oyster tacos were delicious, atmosphere was fun. With all the amazing Restraunts in the city, competition is stiff, wasn't our top choice but convenient and interesting dishes.
We had drinks in the courtyard at night and it was magical. The pool also looked inviting.
Before arriving I was emailed asking if they could be of any service setting up activities (this is typical of all W's and one of the reasons I stay in them). I asked for recommendations on local activities, some active and some not so much for parents. I also asked for appointment in spa. I received a reply there is no spa at hotel. I then requested a spa within walking distance for pedicure and massage. I never got another response. Also a few other service related issues that were not up to par of the other W hotels. For example no hot water our first morning that was promtly fixed. Before leaving I contacted the manager and let her know our frustrations. She apologized profusely and gave me equivalent of two night stay in Starwood points. I felt listened to and was happy. I would stay at this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- w New Orleans - French Quarter Hotel
- w New Orleans - French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- w New Orleans
- w Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- W New Orleans French Quarter is adjacent to historic Jackson Square and boutique shops, and is a short walk from galleries, the Riverwalk and Harrah's casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Amex, Otel, Olotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your W New Orleans - French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.