“SoBou - A truly excellent dining experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #77 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“SoBou - A truly excellent dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

The dining room was stylish and comfortable. The food was excellent and well priced. The service provided by Sharon was friendly, informative and professional. Her manner and suggestions made for a very enjoyable dinner. Will definitely return to SoBou and refer my friends and business acquaintances.

• Stayed December 2012
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Hello xnola58 -

Thank you for taking the time to share your SoBou experience with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal and that Sharon went above and beyond to provide exceptional service. We appreciate the recommendations to your friends and hope to welcome you back soon!

James Wroblewski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Great, helpful service. Mark Woods was our valet and offered helpful suggestions as well as going above and beyond by offering to repark our car when we realized our restaurant wasn't far away. Definitely worth the money. Terrific location.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello Mebers -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad that Mark made a great lasting impression on you and you were pleased with the level of service you received. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Best regards,
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

1 night while in town for work. Prior to arriving I called and asked if there was parking off site to save a few dollars(it's about 40 per night) and Shawn had some very helpful recommendations and told me to see her when I arrived as she would guide me.

When I arrrived I was given a nice upgrade to a Fantastic Room which had a comfortable king bed, mini bar, work area, french doors that opened to a small veranda overlooking a courtyard, large bath room with stand up glass shower.....all modern and typical W stylings. Room was on the 2nd floor at halls end, the only thing I noticed was the feeling of dampness in the room. Had issues cooling it down and removeing the moisture from the room for the stay but not a huge deal.

Had a gumbo and salad at Sobou in the hotel and both service and meal were spot on. Food was uniquely New Orleans and tasty.

All the staff I encountered at the hotel from the valet to the staff at the desk to the concierge were so nice, warm, welcoming and most freindly.

They had a nicely equipped gym on the second floor but didn't use it as I was not feeling well. Also a pool in the courtyard with nice seating spotted around the area, very cool for downtown NOLA.

Much to my suprise Shawn had taken care of the parking for me for the 1 night because of my status and I was just blown away, I had not expected that at all and thanked her for the hospitality over and over. She really made my stay,thank you Shawn you are the best!

Staci also welcomed me with a warm NOLA welcome by setting a nice welcome letter, bottle of wine, Mardi Gras beaded necklace, and a lovely book on making the perfect cocktail. I personally called her to thank her. I wish I had the opportunity to thank her face to face so now I have to return to do just that.

I have to say that this W just made me feel so welcomed, I will come back with my wife and stay for a weekend just because I loved the place. I didn't even leave the hotel because I was sick but just loved staying there. We will write a letter to corporate letting them know how much this hotel personified top notch customer service.

Thank you W NOLA French Quarter for a wonderful stay, much appreciated!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello 2worldtravelersnj -

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of W French Quarter and for the nice compliments that you paid to Shawn and Staci. It's great to hear stories of our talent making a positive lasting impression on our guests' experiences. We can't wait to welcome you back with your wife and hope that you'll let us know when you're coming. Feel free to email us anytime at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It appears that your reservation folks sold us one thing but when we got there, it was another thing that we were given. It did appear that you guys oversold quite a few people. As I waited for over an 1.5 hours over check in time, there were very many that were told the same thing. We unfortunately oversold for this weekend. Why? We were told when we reserved, "No cancellations, no changes, no nothing and we would be charged no matter what!" Ok, we agreed yet we had to put my daughter on an air mattress as all you had was a King Bed. She is 19 years old. Were it not for the actions of Shawn at the front desk and the service of Quentin Scott who helped us with luggage, directions, car, etc. this would have been all negative. While we were not happy about the room stuff, Shawn and Quentin were fabulous.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a balcony, I say go for it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Gary C -

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent experience with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you faced with the room you received. We try to accommodate all of our guests' requests and are disappointed when we fall short. We take all of the feedback we get seriously as it helps us to improve the level of service we provide. In the end, I'm glad that Shawn and Quentin were able to turn your experience around. They are strong assets to our team. I hope that you'll consider staying with us again in the future so we can deliver a positive experience from the time you step through our door to the time you check out. If there's anything that we can do in the meantime, please feel free to contact me at wfqcservice@whotels.com.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Sasha was a great server today at SoBou. Helped one of our party who is vegetarian, recommended menu items, and helped us clear up some confusion on our bill. Great food, cool ambience, excellent service. Thanks Sasha.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hello parisnolario -

I'm so glad that Sasha made such a positive impression on your experience at SoBou and that you enjoyed the restaurant. We appreciate your business and love hearing the great feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I want to start by saying Stacy was a great concierge, good recommendations and went above and beyond when we had a scheduling issue with the W van. The location is optimal, two blocks from Bourbon St (1st time visit for four 50 something guys, 30 years ago it would of rocked, today it was loud, dirty and not really our scene). We had two rooms, one with a balcony which was great. A drawback to both rooms with double beds was that the bathroom doors were frosted glass, which reminded me of a "shadow bar", which isn't terrible unless you like a bit of privacy while sitting on the throne if you get my drift. We would certainly consider staying here again if we come back to NOLA.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just had a great long weekend in the Big Easy and the staff at the W in the French Quarter are to be commended. From the front desk staff to the bar staff, sevice was top rate, friendly and I'll even say enchanting. Spaecial recognition to bellman Quintin Scott. Quintin helped me immensly when it came to navigating where to go near the hotel to party, smoke cigars and shop. He took the time to stay and talk with me while I was sitting in the courtyward waiting to check into the room. The rest of the weekend, Quintin was always there with a "hello" and how's the trip going.Thanks to all there at the W.

Room Tip: I would like to say that if you go, don't stay in room 227. It's right next to the fitness c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
wneworleans, General Manager at W New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello danwak -

Thank you for choosing W French Quarter on your recent trip to New Orleans and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad that Quintin made a positive lasting impression on you and that he was so helpful. We hope to see you back again soon!

James Wroblewski

Been to W New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!