“Uniquely different...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Save Saved
You added Hotel Le Marais to your Saves list
Hotel Le Marais
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #3 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Geismar, LA
“Uniquely different...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

First off, my wife and I visit New Orleans 6-8 times a year and this will be the hotel we stay at from now on. This hotel could not have been built in a better location. Seated between Bourbon & Royal, you have the best of both worlds literally steps away. I know being this close to Bourbon Street may send up a red flag to some people, but we found our courtyard balcony room to be very quiet. Unlike other hotels this close to Bourbon, we were able to escape the hustle and bustle of the night life when we were ready.

If you are looking for a typical New Orleans style hotel with French Victorian influence, then this isn’t the hotel for you. This hotel has been completely renovated with a boutique/contemporary décor. The large screen TV, chair with ottoman, and an unbelievably comfortable bed made it easy to relax. We loved the step in shower, which had more hot water than we could use.

The entire staff greeted us warmly each time we entered the hotel, and was more than willing to answer any questions we had. Overall, I think you will be hard pressed to find a better all around hotel experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

1,254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Volin, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

My wife and I had never been to New Orleans before. We booked a cruise in March for a December sailing so I had tons of time to research where we wanted to stay. We decided that we would stay close to Bourbon St. as opposed to the cruise terminal as we would have an entire day to see the sights.
I read all of the reviews and not many were very good, at the beginning of the year when I started my research. We took a gamble and booked the room based on location alone. Oh my! were we surprised when we went to check in. This hotel is amazing! Not only are you half a block from Bourbon St., but extensive renovations have made this hotel 5 stars in my book. And, even though you are only half a block off Bourbon St., you don't hear any noise when you are in your room.
Pierre was an amazing person. He helped point us to all the places to go during the day, and told us the hot spots to hit at night. I have no complaints at all. The room still had the "fresh paint" smell. Not too overwhelming, but I could tell it was recent.
I will definitely stay here again if I get to New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Mount Arlington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

This French Quarter hotel is conveniently located between Bourbon St. and Royal St. Despite its location in the heart of the action, the room was quiet and comfortable. Our balcony room overlooked the courtyard and as you stood outside the noise of Bourbon St. was just a whisper. The bed was super comfy and the large screen tv had far more than the average hotel selection of channels. The heated salt water pool was heavenly after a day spent seeing the sights. I was so relaxed after my soak I headed back out the door again! Since its a boutique hotel, it almost felt like I was staying in a small apartment complex, much more homey than a giant chain.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

This was my first trip to New Orleans and I could not have picked a better place to stay. If you want to be in the heart of the French Quarter, in an elegant, comfortable and charming hotel with excellent service and hospitality, go no further. Hotel Le Marais is it.

This is a boutique-style, classy hotel that has just undergone a complete renovation, from carpets to bathroom fixtures, to lobby furniture. In fact, when I arrived, they were putting finishing touches here and there. My overall experience here was wonderful. The rooms are very large and confortable and surprisingly quiet even though right in the French Quarter. My very comfy queen-size bed was superior in quality as was the giant new flat screen TV. The towels were plush and oversized, just great. My room was super clean, with that smellof being new.

Another great thing about this hotel is its location. It was fantastic to be able to walk to famous Bourbon or Royale just down the street, find plenty of galleries, shops, the Legends of Music Park Cafe, Johnny's Po Boys, walk a bit further to Cafe du Monde and the French Market, and find jazz so close by the hotel. Location is 5 Stars too.

The lovely and attentive staff at the front desk and elsewhere that I encountered, were all extremely helpful, very welcoming and accomodating with any and every question or request I had. The hotel Manager, Michael, could not have been more professional, attentive, and delightful to interact with during my stay. He and his staff not only made me feel welcomed in what was a new city for me, but made me feel special because of their real interest in making their guests feel comfortable and happy at the hotel Le Marais, their obvious pride and joy, a jewel of a New Orleans hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel if you plan a business or family trip to New Orleans. You can't go wrong with good taste, a classy hotel with a simpático great manager and friendly staff who all k now what they are doing! I would rate Le Marais as high as possible. Go for it and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
mdezura, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
WOW!! Thanks your such positive feedback! We are proud to operate in such a welcoming environment as New Orleans. We pride ourselves on catering to guests from all walks of life and making them feel like part of the "family." We are members of many many LGBT websites through which you can access more information about our hotel. Glad you had a FAB stay!! Thanks again, M.
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I had a group of 5 that stayed with them on their grand opening night. I was actually their first guest ever. I heard that the hotel was contemporary and I was curious to see how that would fit with the FQ theme. I must say that they did a wonderful job with this property. Everything from the service through the room amenities was top notch. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being our very first guests!!! New Orleans is ALWAYS more fun with a group we hope to be your hotel choice whenever ya'll return to stay. Thanks, M.
Philadelphia, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Had a chance to stay at the brand new Boutique Hotel Le Marais on my last business trip to New Orleans. Fabulous location right behind Jackson Square. Closeby great restaurants on Royal and Conti. The beds were to die for comfortable. Huge flat screen TV and large rooms. Bathrooms are small but the showers are really unique. Forgot my swimsuit but they had the largest hot tub- the size of a small swimming pool with sitting area all the way around. Bar area great for relaxing and doing some business. Recommend it highly. Will be back!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
We are excited to hear from one of our many business travellers and that you were pleased with your experience. We take great pride in our bedding products as sleep is so important when travelling, as well as the relaxing bar environment. Yes, it's true we have the largest hot tub in the French Quarter which doubles as a pool during our warm season. We added the sitting area inside the hot tub/pool for our guests to enjoy their wonderful courtyard experiences. Thanks, M.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the newest French Quarter property, Hotel Le Marais. While still undergoing the final touches of a massive renovation, this is a beautiful little gem right off of Bourbon Street. Upon arriving, parking can be a little tricky, as with all of the boutique hotels in the quarter. But valet was great. Lobby was small but very efficient, with the hotel lounge overlooking a stunningly beautiful courtyard, complete with a small pool. The rooms were very nice and stylish,. The beds were incredibly comfortable. LOVED the step in shower. Although no tub, the shower was great! And, even though you are less than a block off of Bourbon street, I couldn't hear any of the noise. This property is a real asset to the French Quarter and I would highly recommend it whether your going to the city for business or pleasure. Can't wait to stay again!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and being one of our first guests after reopening. We took a lot of time in the bathroom design process and I'm very happy to hear you are pleased with the new look and feel of the bathroom. If you liked the courtyard during your last stay wait until you see the custom pool side furniture coming soon. Thanks, M.

Been to Hotel Le Marais? Share your experiences!