“Nice hotel, close but not too close” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Marais

You added Hotel Le Marais to your Saves list
Hotel Le Marais
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Nice hotel, close but not too close”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Spent Thursday and Friday night at this hotel. The room was nice and lived up to the photos. The location was excellent. Everything is within a few blocks. One half block from Bourbon St. is close enough to the night life but not too close for those of us that aren't late night partiers!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review about the Hotel le marais. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that we met your expectations. We are definitely a stroll away from the attractions this city has to offer. You are right, even though we are close to the action of Bourbon St.; the hotel serves as an oasis once you walk in. We hope that you choose to stay with us once again when you find your way down in New Orleans. Once again, thank you very much for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Very good hotel, location is perfect. Pool area great for relaxing and getting out of heat. Complimentary breakfast was nice with exception of milk cartons had expired dates. Staying in front of hotel is noisy from street activity, recommend stay in room in back.

Room Tip: Not necessary to have a balcony room. Definitely request garden view,not the street
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Super convenient to Bourbon Street and surrounding attractions. Boutique hotel offering comfortable rooms, superior service (every single staff person was extremely friendly, high marks to Julia @ the bar) and a relaxing atmosphere. Pool area was a fantastic spot to cool off, relax or enjoy your morning coffee. On the value scale I scored it average but feel like it is worth the money for those looking for a slightly more upscale experience. Complimentary breakfast is a continental plus but found it satisfying and really all you need to get you to lunch (I always find myself wanting to take advantage of the great creole/southern food in New Orleans so don't want much for breakfast).

Would highly recommend this property for couples. I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Unfortunately I did not stay at this hotel nor now will I ever stay at this hotel. I booked online for Tales of the Cocktail 2013, but did not receive a confirmation email from the hotel. As with many online booking systems, there is always the possibility that the final, final stage isn't clicked, and the reservation didn't go through. A few days later I attempted to book again but the hotel was sold out, so I chose another hotel and had a great time at TOTC. A few days after returning, I checked my credit card statement and noticed that I was charged a one-night no-show fee. Obviously unaware that I even had a reservation, I called the hotel to ask if they could reimburse me, because it was an unintended mistake on my part. Not only would they not reimburse me, they would not give me a credit, and even went so far to accuse me of deleting my confirmation email on purpose.

I spend over 150 nights in hotels a year, and clearly understand no-show policies. If it was my mistake I would own it; however, I had no idea I even had a reservation, and to take it as far as calling me a liar shows abhorrent customer "service".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Daffne R, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when you made your reservation. We hope that this incident doesn't keep you from giving our hotel a chance to provide you with the excellent service that we are known for. Once again thank you very much for expressing your concern and we hope to see you in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location, staff was extremely friendly. The doorman that helped with our bag was very helpful, remembered my name and spoke every time we went in or out. Can't say enough about the staff. Hotel was very clean. Only complaint would be a little pricy but for the location I guess it's average. I would def stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us at the Hotel le marais. We are definitely located in the heart of the French Quarter and very close to all the attractions that this great city has to offer. It is great to hear that our bellman/doorman, Saied, has given you a wonderful experience during your stay. We are absolutely glad to hear that the rest of our staff has met your expectations as well. Once again, thank you for staying at the Hotel le marais.
Mannheim, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Hotel is situated perfectly right on the crucial Corner Conti and Bourbon. The staff is very helpful within their Limits and very friendly, as far as reception is concerned.
The grounds are nicely fit, though the pool is not really - well - a pool, rather a basin.
The Breakfast - now this is something inbetween poor and average! Hard-boiled eggs and Bacon galore - if you are not too late at 10 am - plus ... not a lot more. Slow Service here and not a lot of space. All in all a good stay, yet far from excellent. Bar Prices way to high. 10er for tiny Drinks, gee ...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Beautiful courtyard & pool area, a great spot to relax or have a drink around the pool with friends. Rooms were clean & spacious. Staff were wonderful. I would recommend to all my friends planning a trip to New Orleans 5*

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Le Marais? Share your experiences!