Wonderful, small hotel in the middle of the French quarter (halfway between Bourbon St. and Royal). Rooms are decent-sized and well appointed and the staff are quite friendly. Breakfast is included in the room rate & is surprisingly good (bacon/sausage, hard boiled eggs, cereal, various breads, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and coffee). The courtyard outside the bar has a very cool atmosphere and some people also seemed to enjoy the small salt water pool.
Just a couple of planning points to keep in mind. Do your own homework on restaurants & tours because there really isn't a concierge to help. They have some information but that's about it. One other minor problem about sleep quality - the pillows on the beds are as hard as rocks. We asked for something softer but there did not seem to be any available.
Glad we followed Tripadvisor and booked this hotel - it was quite an enjoyable three day stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be inspired by an effortless amalgamation of classic and modern. Hotel le Marais is New Orleans’ newest upscale boutique hotel. It is where the trendsetters, influencers and fashionistas go to stay in the heart of it all. Set amid a historic and cultural backdrop, this French Quarter hotel is a modern and upscale sanctuary with four-star amenities and a high level of personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Le Marais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Ann Marie Antoinette Hotel
- Hotel St Ann Marie Antoinette