“Awesome Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Marais

You added Hotel Le Marais to your Saves list
Hotel Le Marais
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #3 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Kansas City, Missouri
“Awesome Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel Le Marais has an awesome location right between Royal and Bourbon street on Conti. I thought the rooms were a fairly average size, the decor was nice. I hated the shower! It's nicely tiled, however, there is only half the door, which is stationary, and the rest of the shower is left open. The courtyard is very pretty, there's always water and cookies available. The lobby and bar area are pretty and trendy.The breakfast has quite a few options from cereal, bagels, muffins, and hot choices like eggs, sausage, and bacon. The majority of the staff was great. The front desk and doorman always had a pleasant word for me coming in and out. The maids always asked how we slept and if we needed anything extra for our rooms. We only had trouble at the bar. There were 4 people there when we walked up, but we sat there for almost 10 minutes without even being acknowledged. If you're busy, that's fine, but at least smile and or say something. That was just a small part of the trip, but it's really stuck with me. Another thing I found odd about this hotel was that trash is piled in the hallways while the maids cleaned in the morning. I posted a picture of our hall way. It was really off putting, and it was the same thing every day. One positive note: I felt very safe and secure in this hotel. For one, you have to use the key to get on the elevator which is located next to the desk, and after midnight, you have to use a key just to get into the building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at le marais for a 4 night birthday trip. I chose this hotel based on the reviews and #1 ranking. We were on the 5th floor facing the street and it was quite noisy. At night it was easy to fall asleep because we were exhausted from walking (and alcohol helps), but in the morning it was a little annoying. I think the hallway noise was even worse than the outside, they need to look into getting more soundproof doors. Even when we were walking in the hall we could hear what other people were talking about in their rooms. That said, this hotel is beautiful and is really a very central location. You are 10 steps from bourbon st, 3 blocks from canal, and maybe 4 blocks from Jackson square. The room itself is beautiful, bed is comfortable, and I thought the shower was great. If you want a great value in the center of it all, definitely stay here. If you want quiet, maybe look a little farther from bourbon st.

• Stayed March 2013
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel le marais during such a special occassion as it is a Birthday. We are honor to know that we were part of this wonderful moment in your lives. I have to agree with you that it can get a little noisy, especially during large events in the City. Thank you for your kind words on our beautiful rooms, comfortable beds, and great shower as we always strive to make sure that our guest's satisfaction is priority. We truly appreciate you sharing your most recent experience here in TripAdvisor with other travelers and we do hope to be able to provide you with excellent service again.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in March. Had to change rooms due to faulty air conditioning noise. Wasn't a problem to the great Pierre. He organised my activities and he always had a welcoming smile when I came through the door. The complimentary breakfast was a nice start to the day. I will definitely stay here again. Next time Ill bring my man to share this exciting location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
jaguar7777777
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is very good indeed. We had a nice room with a comfortable bed, there's a good bar and a nice breakfast, the hotel is in an excellent location and the staff were very friendly. At the price, I have to give it 5 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

great location, in the middle of the French Quarter but quiet enough (midweek)
stylish, clean, well appointed rooms
very helpful staff
reasonable price, with a good breakfast included
much better value than the large corporate hotels

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Can't wait to return! From beginning to end the hotel was great. Breakfast was wonderful in the courtyard, poolside. Comfy beds and bath towels were perfect. Hotel bar had unique cocktails and the gym was just right.

• Stayed March 2013
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hotel was contemporary, I loved the style. Absolutely love the style. The cost of the hotel was reasonable but I think parking should be included. The hotel was room was small but very pretty and unique. My husband found a condom under the bed and there was strands of blond hair on the black bathroom floor. I was disappointed but we didn't complain to management because this was the most decent hotel available at the time of our stay. Customer service was decent, we stay in a lot of great hotels and resorts, and I like to compare. We also had a room right by the elevator. Extremely noisy but it wasn't a major problem for us. I don't think we would stay here again however we did love the decor, I can't express that enough.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Le Marais? Share your experiences!