“Mostly positives, but a few negatives” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Save Saved
You added Hotel Le Marais to your Saves list
Hotel Le Marais
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #3 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Greenville, South Carolina
“Mostly positives, but a few negatives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife a I stayed several nights at the Hotel LeMarais during a recent visit to New Orleans. Overall, we had a good experience. However, the hotel did have a few shortcomings.

Positives:
Great location if you will be spending a lot of time in the French Quarter, as we did.
Room was very quiet at night (facing courtyard).
Staff was very pleasant and helpful.
Cool bar area and adjacent courtyard.
Free breakfast included (but see below).
Complimentary bar drinks were great.

Negatives:
Bathroom was very small and not well designed.
Very small "closet" space in room.
Room decor was OK but rather uninspiring.
Breakfast selection was pretty basic and rather limited.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in the French Quarter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear FCBasel,

Hotel le marais thanks you for sharing your most recent experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words on our rooms, staff, bar, free breakfast, great location and many thanks for recommending our hotel. Also, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on things that we can always improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

1,253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Fantastic hotel in great location and very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was well decorated, lovely pool area. The room was most comfortable and very clean. The complimentary bottle of water each day added a nice touch. The continental breakfast was delicious and there was a large variety to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. The Hotel is right next to the famous Bourbon Street in the French Quartier. So the Location is Top. The Rooms are Great too - however altough we stayed out for hours and had the Little green light on to indicate that the room should be made up, it hardly ever was done....except for the check out day - they would knock on the door even long bevore check out time. Annoying! In the evening the Bar aerea next to the Pool is lovely and so much more releaxing than Bourbon Street. A Little disturbing was the Rat , trying to empty the tabels...but thats New Orleans.

• Stayed October 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The reviews had really set up my expectations about this hotel, I was not let down in any way, a fantastic hotel in a fantastic location with fantastic staff.

Location Rue Conti is three minutes away from the bars and nightlife, ten minutes away from the river and right in the French Quarter.

The rooms are well kept and are a nice size (we had room 509) there is free wi fi throughout the hotel which is good, the TV in the room is a great size at 42i inches.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and seem proud of this very stylish hotel, the courtyard is lovely and a great place to relax.

The breakfast is also a great way to start the day it comes with all rooms and really sets you up for the day.

Overall a fantastic hotel great value excellent staff and made my wife happy!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor facing the courtyard
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had a great stay at Hotel Le Marais. Although very close to Bourbon Street somehow you felt quite removed from the frenzy of it. The hotel was very inviting, the common areas were very well decorated and laid out. The pool areas was great for relaxing after a long day of walking, and although I didn't get into the pool it was nice to know it was there. Breakfast was handy although the coffee was poor quality. The front office staff were very helpful and friendly, always the first to say hello.
I highly recommend the Hotel Le Marais for your next trip to NOLA, of note there were no children in the building which I noticed on the last day there. So I guess I didn't miss them.

Room Tip: The room I had was on the inner courtyard where the pool was located. It was very quiet. The hallw...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights in town for a conference. I was nervous about being in the middle of the French Quarter because I needed to get some sleep for work. I had no reason to fret though because this hotel is tucked away on the street and from inside our peaceful room, you would never know we were so close to the Bourbon Street chaos. We had a room facing the courtyard and I think that helped. The courtyard is lovely and I spent a lot of time relaxing in the heated saltwater pool. The room was clean and modernly decorated. Lots of great little touches at this hotel from the free drink tickets to the fruit-infused water by the pool to the complimentary bottles of water they provide daily (a must in New Orleans to combat the alcohol-induced dehydration!). The front desk staff was wonderful and very accomodating. We had requested a minifridge since I had a medical need and they cheerfully moved one into our room as we checked in. The man putting it in our room even asked us what location in the room we would prefer the fridge to be placed. The bartenders gave us some gerat recommendations for restaurants. The breakfast in the morning is mediocre but has the basics (muffins, cereal, juice, coffee) which is all you really need in the morning. The bacon was crispy and perfect but the eggs were cold every day we were there. There is a small business center too which was perfect for printing off tickets to a show we saw at the House of Blues and for printing our airline tickets. The location of the hotel is fantastic. We were within walking distance to everything in the French Quarter. For the price, I don't think you can beat the value of this great little hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kew Gardens, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I booked two nights at Hotel le Marais when the hotel for my conference was sold out. It was at the lower end of the price ranges we found, and to tell the truth, I was somewhat nervous.
What a gem! From the moment I arrived I knew it was going to be a wonderful stay. The front desk staff was uniformly wonderful. The courtyard with pool was absolutely lovely. Free drink tickets were a very nice touch and I happily enjoyed my first afternoon in NOLA with a free glass of wine in HLM's gorgeous courtyard. The room was spotless -- small, but spotless, and the luxe robe was another nice touch. Beds were lovely -- so comfortable, crisp linens. Restaurant recommendations were spot on, and when I sadly had to say goodbye, staff was happy to hold my luggage and shopping bags until the very last minute when I was whisked away in the cab they arranged.
This would be perfect if the hotel had a restaurant -- I love getting room service when I'm away on business. Wouldn't stay somewhere else b/c of this missing factor, tho -- I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Close to the action but away from the craziness. Wonderful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Le Marais? Share your experiences!