“Very cool boutique hotel in a great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Marais

You added Hotel Le Marais to your Saves list
Hotel Le Marais
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
10% Off & Free Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Pensacola, Florida
“Very cool boutique hotel in a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hotel Le Marais has the most "personality" of any hotel I've ever stayed in. Very cool, pretty colors, just a really interesting place. Free drink tickets upon arrival, comfortable bed, VERY friendly staff (especially the valet), and a really awesome location. Next time, I'll request a room not facing the street, as we were apparently there on trash pick-up day and it was quite noisy. But other than that, we loved everything!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the courtyard!
Dear LMM1983,

Hotel Le Marais thanks you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you had a delighted stay and loved everything we had to offer. Thank you for your compliments on our very friendly staff, awesome location, and our pretty hotel. We are glad that you stayed with us and we sure hope to see you again. Best Wishes!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Le Marais while in town for the "Beasts of the Southern Wild" premiere in New Orleans and was thoroughly impressed. There were so many small touches that made the experience enjoyable, such as the touch panel in the lobby, which provides information to guests looking for a great restaurant or something to do. I also enjoyed that the elevator required you to swipe your key card BEFORE the elevator would even open... which I think helps keep non-guests from tie-ing up the elevator.

Everything was newly renovated, and I liked that all of the blankets were white. It's hard to fake clean when everything is white!

• 5 of 5 stars
Lyndon Y, Front Office Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hotel le marais! We are thrilled that were able to enjoy your stay with us during your visit to the Big Easy! We do hope to be of service to you again in the very near future. Once again, thank you very much for choosing Hotel le marais.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was a great hotel right in the thick of the Quarter. The rooms were super clean and the beds amazingly comfortable. Got a free drink coupon for their bar and free breakfast (which was pretty much the best hotel breakfast I've had). Loved it!

Dear Liz G,

We are glad to hear that your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais was a great one. We appreciate your kind words on our hotel and free breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Best Wishes!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here the night of our big movie premiere for this year's Sundance Winner, "Beasts of the Southern Wild!" It was very conveniently located near the Joy Theatre and right next door to our after party at La Trobes. We had a great room with a very cute balcony overlooking the fun and entertaining streets of Nola. Thanks for a great visit!

Dear Brinkley M,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Hotel Le Marais. We appreciate you chose to stay at our hotel and enjoyed everything we had to offer. Thank you for your compliments on our room with a very cute balcony. We sure hope to see you again. Warm Greetings!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Hotel Le Marais was a beautiful property. The look and atmosphere of the hotel was second to none. The rooms had great amenities, like an I-pod docking station and large hi-def tv's. I thought the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location is second to none. Once you arrive, you don't need to drive anywhere. Bourbon Street was just a few feet away, and there were restaurants all around. Great place to stay while in New Orleans

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed equally as nice-visited a friend that was staying there and his room was just a...
2 Thank Gene J
Dear Gene J,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais. We appreciate your kind words on our amenities such as our I-pod docking station and large hi-def TV. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon. Best Wishes!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

As a first time traveler to New Orleans, I didn’t know what to expect. When my husband and I travel, we fully appreciate most kinds of accommodations (large resorts, bed and breakfast properties, branded chains, boutique hotels) but for my first and probably last trip to this city I wanted to stay at an independent property that had some New Orleans character, was reasonably priced (under $200 a night), offered updated rooms and a great location…that’s EXACTLY what we got at Hotel le Marais.

I joined my husband on his work trip so we stayed Sunday to Wednesday morning. Sunday afternoon we got to enjoy the courtyard and the pool—here is where we got the New Orleans character and feel. The stone and wicker chairs and the windows and awnings above create a very quiet and charming atmosphere. Our rate and what we got for it was VERY reasonable…to get WIFI, comfy beds and some breakfast bites for well under $200 a night is more than reasonable, which brings me to my last point…location. Not a huge fan of Bourbon Street but you are close to the “action” with this hotel. And you are close to everything else that matters too so you can’t go wrong location-wise.

If you are looking for a full service property there are certainly other choices but if you like the boutique feel, appreciate value for your dollar, and are looking for some subtle sophistication in the French Quarter look no further.

2 Thank brownpads32
, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Brownpads32,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Le Marais located in the heart of the French Quarter. We certainly are excited to hear that you had an excellent stay and that you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer. Thank you for choosing us and please come back and see us soon. Warm Greetings!
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have been to N.O. many times over the years, so when I realized that this hotel was between Bourbon and Royal, my first thought was that noise would be a factor. But, surprisingly, we heard nothing from Bourbon Street. My only complaint about noise was the slamming of the guest room doors. We heard it all through the night as people came home from their various outings. I also felt that the walls were a bit thin...could hear the music next door on the I Pod docking system. I even brought a fan with me from home in order to help drown the noises out, but to no avail. And this is certainly not the hotel's fault..I was just mentioning. The hotel staff were very friendly. It was nice to have a free cocktail on arrival. The bottled water in the rooms was also very nice. The WI-fi was easy to access. The beds were comfy. I love white bedding. The rooms were very updated, and we overlooked the courtyard...nice. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner, I thought, but overall, was acceptable. The pool area/outside courtyard area could have been a little cleaner. There were full ashtrays everywhere...gross. And it didn't seem as though they kept the area looking as nice as they could have. The pool is super small, and there wasn't a lot of seating available. We very rarely sat out there because all of chairs were occupied, or people had left drinks sitting there as though there was still someone there. The proximity of the hotel to Canal street was nice. Really it was the perfect spot for us. We really did enjoy the experience and will return...but I won't forget my fan.....

Room Tip: We requested, and obtained a top floor (5th) room, overlooking courtyard. I had requested a quiet ro...
, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Nicky14,

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience at Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words on our very friendly staff, the free cocktail on arrival, the bottled of water in the rooms, the easy access for the WI-fi, the rooms, and our comfy beds. Thank you for staying with us and please return to see us soon.