“Superior Hotel, Best Location, Excellent Service and Staff!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Marais

Save Saved
You added Hotel Le Marais to your Saves list
Hotel Le Marais
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   717 Conti Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% off our best rates!
Ranked #3 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Tennessee
“Superior Hotel, Best Location, Excellent Service and Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We travel down each June for the Zydeco and Creole Tomato Festival from Nashville. Therefore, we have stayed in MANY NOLA hotels! This hotel was excellent in every way!! The positive reviews are absolutely correct! We flew in early Thursday morning and were able to check-in very early with no problem--just a quick phone call and we were in! My brother and his wife were staying in a room next to us but their room was not ready. They gave us 4 extra free drink tickets in addition to the four we got when we arrived for the VIBE bar in the lobby (and the mixed drinks are ten to fifteen dollars so we were thrilled!!)

The windows facing the street are triple paned so you hear very little of the Bourbon street sounds. We did hear people talking in the halls the first night when they returned to their rooms but no big deal! The staff was SO accomodating, friendly, and sweet!! The decor is very trendy and hip which we loved and the pool and courtyard are VERY nice! The rooms looked recently renovated, and the beds are heavenly! The maid service is OUTSTANDING! OUR rooms were spotless each day-and I'm very type "A" so it passed my test with flying colors! We also received free bottled water in our rooms each day, and unlimited bottled water in the first rate hotel gym!! In addition, I also especially loved that you had to use your key to not only enter the hotel after a certain time at night, but you had to have it to get on the elevator and in the gym as well!! The breakfast buffet was wonderful and well stocked with absolutely everything you would or could need for a great continental breakfast!

On our last day our flight didn't depart until four so they gladly stored our luggage for us while we walked around town. Upon our departure, I left without my hanging bag of very nice dresses! We called the hotel from the car service and the very sweet "French I believe" front desk clerk (female) cannot recall her name, said they would overnight my bag to me immediately. It arrived on Tuesday morning on my front door just as I had left it! Now that's SERVICE!! This hotel gets a 5-star from me and will be the ONLY place that we ever stay on our future visits to NOLA!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior King facing the Conte street and it was great!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
druglas, General Manager at Hotel Le Marais, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans thanks you for writing a review for our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay. Thank you for your kind words on our accommodating, friendly and sweet staff, the hip and trendy decor, very nice pool and courtyard, outstanding maid service, wonderful breakfast buffet, and our outstanding service. At Hotel Le Marais we pride in providing the highest quality of service at all times and to hear that we have done it again, it makes us really happy. We hope to see you soon! Warm Greetings!

1,257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I were fishing in Venice, La and could not fly out back to AR until Monday so I did some looking and decided on the Hotel Le Mariais. It seemed the most private and we weren't really in New Orleans for big, loud French Quarter fun this trip.
The hotel was very quiet and convenient to the area we enjoy often.
I missed having a bathtub after staying in a rustic fishing houseboat for 4 nights with only a shower - could have used a long, soaking bath.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet ask for a room over the courtyard and pool. I was disappointed that our...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans thanks you for writing a review for our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank your compliments. Please come back and see us soon. Best Wishes!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I am struggling to find a single fault with this hotel so I will just quickly run through the numerous positive aspects. Firstly I think the staff deserve recognition as they were charming and helpful from the moment we stepped through the door.
The location was perfect, we were slightly concerned about noise being in the heart of the French Quarter but it was not an issue at all.
I also cant stress how good value this hotel is, we were previously staying in a large chain hotel on the outskirts of town which was awful and was only $60 a night cheaper. There aren't many places you could find such a great hotel at such a reasonable price especially considering breakfast is included.
Lastly the room was immaculate, the bed large and comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. As a few people had mentioned the rooms aren't that large but they are big enough. Can't reccomend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you for your kind words on our charming and helpful staff, and our immaculate rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon. Warm Greetings!!
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

You really can believe all these great reviews: perfect location, quiet (at least for us, we asked for courtyard facing room away from the elevator), comfortable bed and rooms. Without a doubt we would stay here again. The staff really did provide good customer service and care when our room was missed by housekeeping- they sent someone right up, and the next day the manager gave us a restaurant voucher for our trouble. The breakfast was convenient and the lobby area had a great feel. The hotel was not too big or too small, and it was very clean and well maintained. I always study trip adviser before I make my choices, and I want to return the favor - Le Marais is absolutely the right choice!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans thanks you for writing a review for our hotel. We are excited to hear that you had a delighted stay. Thank you for your kind words on our perfect location, hotel, and our staff. We surely can't wait to see you again. Warm Greetings!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

My stay a le marais was quiet and relaxing. I enjoyed having a room facing the courtyard. The banana trees are a nice touch and having cold water to drink was delightful. The pool is nothing.to brag about but ok to dip your feet in after a long day of walking . The salt water is soothing. The breakfast was nice but after a few days you've had enough since the menu doesn't change. I recommend daisy dukes and the bourbon house for a full hearty breakfast. As far as housekeeping I have to say it sucks. I booked a double bed room but received single amenities--1robe
3 towels 1set of toiletres note housekeeping never restocked supplies until I asked them to. On one occasion I was in the room while housekeeping was cleaning my bathroom I watched as she used a rag to clean the debris from the shower and took the same rag and wiped the toliet seat I asked her to please re clean the toliet seat using a new rag she looked at me as if I were crazy then did as I asked. A poor job was done when it came to dusting and changing the sheets everyday. I.stayed for a week and after the second day I needed to take the linens completly off the bed in order to get a fresh set. With all that being said everything about this cute boutique hotel is a plus but housekeeping really need to step their game up. P.s. Pierre is a nice guy but I wonder why he wore the same suit and shirt everyday. Uniform maybe?

• Stayed June 2012
Hotel Le Marais in New Orleans thanks you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your compliments on our hotel, breakfast, and Pierre our talented front desk agent. I would like to speak a little more about your stay. I can be reached at daffne.ruglas@interstatehotels.com or (504) 200-3154. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Best Wishes!
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Reviews for this hotel were good, and we agree that it's an excellent choice. The staff were friendly and heopful. We enjoyed our welcome drinks at the bar (these could be used anytime during the stay). The continental breakfast, with eggs, sausage, bacon and the other usual items, was pleasant in the bar area. The room was quiet; well-stocked, and looked out over the courtward with its salt-water pool. Great location in the French Quarter. Parking was expensivek, but easy; that's just what happens in the FQ. We will return when we want a night in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hotel Le Marais in the heart of the French Quarter. We are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay. Thank you for your compliments on our hotel, breakfast, VIVE! bar, courtyard and helpful staff. We surely can't wait to see you again. Warm Greetings!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This hotel is wonderful, got to be the best in town. We booked a deluxe king and got a lovely large room with very big comfy bed. Bathroom also good size. It is only steps away from Bourbon Street but so quiet and peaceful. Breakfasts good, as is the free wireless internet. Excellent staff, very helpful. Just couldn't fault this hotel, far superior to the Royal Sonesta where we stayed last time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter thanks you for writing a review for our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thank you for kind words on our lovely large room, comfy beds, breakfast, wireless internet, excellent and helpful staff, and our superior service. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Please come back and see us soon. Best Wishes!

Been to Hotel Le Marais? Share your experiences!