“very good show for the kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Audubon Insectarium

Audubon Insectarium
423 Canal Street, US Custom House, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)
(504) 581-4629
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Texas
“very good show for the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

this is one of the attraction for the entire family. The kids will sure to enjoy insects exhibit in.

Visited March 2013

Dallas, TX
5 attraction reviews
“We've been talking about our visit here for years! It's that cool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Like an aquarium but full of bugs from near and far- rare insects, creepy crawly things, as well as beautiful multi-colored butterflies. Great place for kids and adults, everyone will enjoy.

Visited December 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
30 attraction reviews
“Good for kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I think this would be great for kids, only okay for adults. We went with the 4 day Audubon pass because we wanted to do all the experiences and this was probably my least favorite. All the exhibits are low so there is a lot of looking down but they had some cool bugs. They were all out so we could seem them. Lots of kids stuff, a VW bug, log area to walk through, tunnels, game section--I mean if I had kids this seems like it would be great. There are some gators too. One of the coolest room were dead butterflies arranged in beautiful ways. Their butterfly room was one of the best I have ever been too--it was large, had birds too and butterflies all over a large area. I would not go back...maybe if it was raining and I was in the area, or had my nephew and niece, or had done everything else I wanted to do. I like looking at bugs in cages but didn't find this place to have that many.

Atlanta
26 attraction reviews
“Yuck this is fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I think its a one of a kind. Butterfly house, works of art made from beautifully colored insects, giant beatles and spiders that tiu can hold and a disgusting display of cockroaches out of controll!!!

Basile, Louisiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
“VERY EDUCATIONAL!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

this was an interesting place! BUGS!!...everywhere! The 4D theatre inside was our favorite thing! It is definitely a must to experience! Also, the butterfly room is very cool