“Good for kids” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Audubon Insectarium

Audubon Insectarium
423 Canal Street, US Custom House, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)
(504) 581-4629
Boston, Massachusetts
30 attraction reviews
“Good for kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I think this would be great for kids, only okay for adults. We went with the 4 day Audubon pass because we wanted to do all the experiences and this was probably my least favorite. All the exhibits are low so there is a lot of looking down but they had some cool bugs. They were all out so we could seem them. Lots of kids stuff, a VW bug, log area to walk through, tunnels, game section--I mean if I had kids this seems like it would be great. There are some gators too. One of the coolest room were dead butterflies arranged in beautiful ways. Their butterfly room was one of the best I have ever been too--it was large, had birds too and butterflies all over a large area. I would not go back...maybe if it was raining and I was in the area, or had my nephew and niece, or had done everything else I wanted to do. I like looking at bugs in cages but didn't find this place to have that many.

Atlanta
26 attraction reviews
“Yuck this is fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I think its a one of a kind. Butterfly house, works of art made from beautifully colored insects, giant beatles and spiders that tiu can hold and a disgusting display of cockroaches out of controll!!!

Basile, Louisiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
“VERY EDUCATIONAL!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

this was an interesting place! BUGS!!...everywhere! The 4D theatre inside was our favorite thing! It is definitely a must to experience! Also, the butterfly room is very cool

Richmond, VA
18 attraction reviews
“very cool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stopped in here because it was included in our VisiTicket - was very cool. Creepy crawlies everywhere - and very informed staff. The butterfly room was amazing - butterflies everywhere fluttering around. Would be a fantastic stop for kiddos who are into bugs.

14 attraction reviews
“Spectacular collections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I liked the beetle and moth collections. They are arranged in beautiful patterns. There is a lot to learn about termites, and later I drove out of town and saw the termite tubes sticking up from their underground nests.